‹ Prequel: It Rains When I Cry

A Healing Touch

Bite Me

Pulling into the driveway of her sister’s house, Willa sighed as she turned the ignition off. She didn’t want to be there but it was something she knew she had to do. They had to get Hale out of that house and it was becoming more and more obvious they needed Mya’s help to do that. Glaring at the house she was still sitting in front of, she was pulled from her thoughts as the person beside her spoke,

“You know Will, sitting in the drive way isn’t gonna accomplish much.”

“Shut up Jason.” She said, turning her glare at her cousin while he grinned in return. He knew she hated going to her sister for anything, and this time was no exception. In fact, it was worse because they actually had to have her help. It couldn’t be anyone else. Which was why she’d brought Jason with her in the first place, Mya was coming whether she wanted to or not, and she’d recognize Jason since it wasn’t the first time he’d come with her to visit. Matt had offered to come with her, but she knew better. Bringing someone new around would only put her on edge and make things more difficult, and that was the last thing Willa needed. Sighing, she ran a hand through her hair and pushed the door to her Yukon open and made her way towards the front porch, Jason right behind her.

“Willa it’s about time you… Who’s this?” Mya asked her younger sister, while staring intently at the man that was standing in front of her. Rolling her eyes, gently shoved her way past her sister and into the house, motioning for her cousin to follow, while she answered,

“You know him, it’s Jason. You haven’t seen him since he cut his hair.” Jason offered her a small wave as he followed Willa inside, leaving Mya to shut the door behind them while muttering about her sister’s obvious lack of manners and how that trait had obviously come from her mother’s side. Slowly she made her way to the living room where her sister was waiting for her.

Looking at Jason with a small grin as Mya’s thoughts entered her head, Willa bit back a laugh. She’d stopped letting her sister’s snide comments about her family get to her years ago. Now she found them all hilarious, especially when they came from someone who thought she could order the world around from the comfort and safety of her own home. Noticing the look his cousin was giving him, he was about to ask her what she was thinking about when Mya entered the room, sitting in a chair directly across from her sister.

“Why’d you bring him with you?” She asked, gesturing towards the man who was watching them with a slightly bored expression on his face.

“And I’m the one without manners?” Willa asked, arching an eyebrow at her sister and causing Mya to glare at her while Jason tried to hide a grin at his cousin’s words.

“You know I hate it when you go into my mind. It’s a total invasion of my privacy.”

“I didn’t… you were projecting your thoughts so strongly I could have picked them up in the Starbucks down the street.” Willa snapped, already getting annoyed. Jason just settled back into his chair, an amused look on his face as he watched the two sisters verbally spar with one another.

“I was not--” Stopping as she saw Willa open her mouth to protest, she held a hand up to silence her and continued, “I’m not arguing with you. We’ve got more important issues to talk about. Our father’s sister is in town and--”

“I know about Angelique and Ana, Mya. I’ve met them.”

“You need to stay away from them, Willa. They’re asking questions about the house.”

“Do you fucking blame them? You should have fucking listened to Dad and never sold the place. Oh, and for the record, I’m not staying away from anyone.”

“Willa it’s not our problem!” Mya was quickly becoming frustrated with her sister, and she certainly didn’t like that Jason was sitting there, listening to every word. As far as she was concerned, no one needed to know about their family or that house.

“The fuck it isn’t! None of this would even be happening if you hadn’t fallen for Hale’s bullshit and sold that damned house! Now we’re going to fix this, and we’re going to fix this now.” Willa said, standing up and glaring at her sister. Her anger only amplified as Mya rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest.

“I’m not going anywhere.”

“I thought you might say that…” Willa said a smirk forming as she crossed her arms over her chest as well. “That’s why I brought him. JB?”

He didn’t say anything, only stood up and walked over to Mya, giving her a mildly apologetic look (something which caused Willa to roll her eyes) before lifting her out of her chair. Grabbing her sister’s purse and locking the house up after prying her sister’s hands off the door frame, Willa opened the back door so that her cousin could dump her sister in the vehicle. Noticing a couple neighbors staring at them, Willa waved politely as her cousin got into her SUV and, thankful that all the neighbors knew about her sister’s social anxiety, called out,

“It’s okay… she’s got a doctor’s appointment and she’s having one of her episodes. I’ve got it taken care of though.” Getting in her vehicle, Willa was met with Jason’s laughter while her sister continued to glare at her. Willa only grinned back cheekily, putting the key in the ignition and starting the Yukon. Putting it in reverse, she glanced in the rear-view mirror just in time to see Val appear before she spoke,

“Smart move, enabling the child locks.”

“What the fuck?!” Jason said, jumping as he turned and looked looking at the apparition of the woman he’d been friends with for years. Willa only shook her head, while speaking to Val,

“Thanks. You know, I’m actually starting to get used to that.”

“Why the fuck is Val’s ghost in your SUV?” Jason asked his cousin in disbelief at the same time Val questioned,

“You know JB?”

“He’s my cousin.” Willa sighed, finally backing out of the driveway and starting down the road. Glancing over at her cousin who was staring at her, still waiting for and answer, she said, “As for why she’s here… You’ll see.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jess for this chapter... she def contributed... *she friggin wrote it* BUT ITS AWESOME!!!!!! I LOVE YEW GIRLY