Status: Discontinued. This story will not be updated anymore, ever. It may be deleted later, but right now I can't be bothered.

Click, Click.

This Was Meant To Be A Decent Birthday.

[Wednesday's Point Of View.]

My eighteenth birthday. I expected it to feel different, I mean now, legally, I'm an adult.

But it feels the same.

I walked downstairs to find breakfast - waffles and black coffee - awaiting me on the bench. The family must have already gone out to get supplies and gifts for me and my party. I didn't really want one, but they insisted. I would have been fine with a nice dinner, but they invited their friends and the entire extended Addams family.

When Mom woke me up this morning, before they left, she told me that there was a new dress awaiting me in the living room. I gulped down the remainder of my milk-free, sugarless coffee and took to the coffee table in the living area.

On the coffee table was a somewhat large black box. Okay, it was huge. With a crimson bow around it and my name in cursive white letters. I picked it up and hurried up to my room.

I sat down on my four-poster, black curtained, black sheeted bed. I love this bed. My room, in general, I love.

I opened the box. Inside was a sea of blood red velvet and black silk. I took out the velvet. It was a pair of elbow-length gloves, with a small embroidery of a spider at the top hemline. They were beautiful. I noticed a small white card where the gloves had been.

Wednesday, Our Darling Daughter,

Today you turn eighteen. Tonight you will meet new people who you will come to know in your coming years.

Tonight your life will change.

This dress and gloves will be an everlasting symbol of the day you turned eighteen, the day you changed forever.

Your parents,
Morticia and Gomez.


So, the black silk is a dress. I pulled it out of the box. It had a V-neck, but not a deep one. It was strapless, and had roses the same color as my gloves around the top hemline. On the slit going up the side to the middle of my knee, a row of crimson red bats followed the trail.

It was a gorgeous outfit.

---

[Later, Before The Party...]

"Wednesday?" Pugsley knocked at my door.

"What?" I asked.

"Mom said you'd need a zip up."

"Why can't she do it?"

"She's down greeting everyone, duh."

"Fine. Come on."

My brother came through the door. I'd managed to zip it up about halfway, but I couldn't bend my arms around to get it to the top. Pugsley zipped it up and left the room.

I pulled on the velvet gloves, took one last look at myself and followed through the door where my brother had just left.

I heard my father's voice announcing my arrival. I sighed as the doors to the entertaining / dining hall opened. Everyone clapped as I sat down at my allocated seat. I was in the center of the largest table, with Pugsley, Mom and Dad on one side and four people I hadn't met on the other.

After all the formalities and food, the dancing and partying began. I was grabbing a glass of punch when the boy I had been seated next to came over to me.

"Happy birthday, Wednesday." he said. "I'm Gerard Way."

"Thank you. Obviously, you know who I am." I replied politely. If I've learned anything from growing up in the Addams family, its manners.

"So, this is your eighteenth. You should have seen mine. Huge party, full of friends. Drinking. We had a live rock band too."

So he was a cocky bastard. I saw it. Its just something I can tell from the beginning of a conversation.

"Great." I said as I walked off to my parents.

"Its nice to see you talking to Mr Way, Wednesday." Dad said,

"I don't like him." I stated simply.

"Why?" Mom asked.

"Because he just started talking to me and he seems very arrogant." I advised, watching my words.

"Well, you're going to have to get used to it, darling." Mom sighed.

"Why?"

"Because you're marrying him in a year and nine months."