The Umbrella Academy

You Were Always Born A Crime

Some hours later…

Sarah’s POV

“We better go to Tre’s room.” Mikey said.

“Well, I mean, he hasn’t called for us has he?” Mike sighed.

“Mike, it’s been 2 hours since he’s gone back to his room. If we stay like this, we’re never gonna be able to get the others out of this!” Gerard sighed angrily which surprised most of us.

“Gerard…we will get the others back.” Bella sighed.

Gerard looked at her as he got up from where he was sitting.

“I guess you’re right.”

“Well, are we just going to stand there or are we going?” Mikey said as he went out the door.

The others smiled as the filed out of the room.

A few minutes later…

I knocked on the door.

“Tre? Are you in there?” I asked, but there was no reply.

“Tre?” Mike said but there was still no reply.

Kehli tried to open the door, but it didn’t budge.

“Tre! If this is just some fucking joke…stop it!” Bob yelled but there was still no response.

Gerard charged at the door and the door flung open.
Charlotte looked inside and she saw the window open and the room was trashed.

“What the hell happened in here? Tre!! Where are you?!” Mike panicked as he began to look around.

“It looks like Tre is gone, Mike. Someone has been in here.” Bella said as she narrowed her eyes.

“Who?” Bob asked.

“I don’t know…but whoever it is…they’re still here…” I said as I advanced toward the closet.

I know the something was in there…and it had Tre.

Suddenly, something smashed through the closet and attacked me.

I kicked whoever it was that attacked me to the side and they hit the wall.

Mikey’s POV

Whoever it was, hit the wall and got up quickly.

Everyone gasped as they looked to see who it was.

“Bert?!” everyone said in unison.

“Yes..it’s me…” Bert growled as we all saw that he had sharp teeth and red eyes.

“What did you do to Tre?!” Mike cried.

“Oh, that guy. I threw him out the window!” Bert smirked as he began to advance toward Sarah.

Gerard quickly went in front of Sarah and stood there as Bob quickly went to the window.

“Why Gerard…is that your new girlfriend? Aww…” Bert mocked as he pushed Gerard to the side violently.

Gerard smashed into the closet and winced.

I ran over to him as Bert advanced toward Sarah, baring his teeth at her.

I jumped up and punched Bert in the stomach.

Bert went flying into the wall again. He looked up with anger in his eyes.

“C’mon Bert. Let’s see what you’ve got.” I growled as I stood in front of Sarah.

“Well well…did I just hear Mr. I am so thin and weak challenge me?” Bert mocked as he charged at me.

“Trampa de la sangre!” I said as I released my trap at Bert.

The trap hit Bert and he whammed into the wall again.

“You…you..” he hissed as he thrashed around wildly to get out but screamed in agony as the pain seared through him.

“Mikey..what the hell did you do?” Sarah gasped as Gerard stared at me.

“The Blood Trap. If Bert moves, it hurts him cause when the trap hit him, it took some of his blood and since it’s his blood, the trap reflects what ever he tries to do cause it’s the same as hurting himself.” I explained as I looked over at Bob who was pulling something by the window.

Charlotte’s POV

“Someone help me! I found Tre and luckily his clothes got caught on some hook of some sort.” Bob exclaimed.

Gerard, Mikey, and I ran over and helped Bob get Tre into the room.

After we had gotten Tre from the window, we looked at Bert who was still crying in agony.

“What the hell?” Tre said in an angry tone as he went up to Bert.

Bert stopped and looked at Tre.

“Why did you throw me out the window!” Tre yelled at Bert.

“Whoever is associated with the El Guradians must die.”

“But that means…you’re a vampire angel?” Gerard gasped.

“Yes I am a vampire angel…I was hiding it from you because you were too stupid to not even know that your little brother was a pathetic El Guradian!” Bert hissed.

Gerard was speechless and he couldn’t say anything.

“I trusted you…and now…now what? How many people are going to keep their secrets from me! ” Gerard cried and ran from the room.

“Bert…how could you?” Bob shook his head sadly as he went after Gerard.

“Well..their fault for being stupid..don’t you guys think that way?” Bert asked but we all shook our heads.

“Bert…we are going to have to kill you.” Mikey said flatly and he began to chant the same ritual that Lisa had done when she was going to kill my brother.

I closed my eyes, trying not to think of it, but it didn’t work.

I suddenly ran in front of Mikey.

“STOP IT!” I screamed and Mikey looked up with wide eyes.

“But Charlotte! He’s a vampire angel!” Mikey said in an angry tone.

“I know he is! But…but that ritual..it’s the same one that Lisa chanted when she was going to kill my brother.” I cried as I felt tears start to fall down my cheeks.

“I’m sorry Charry, but he has to no matter what.” Bella said as she grabbed a hold of my arm and pulled me to the side.

Mikey began to chant again and I tried to stop him, but Bella had a firm grip on my arm.

Mikey finished the chant and narrowed his eyes.

“Éste es el extremo para ti, Bert.” Mikey hissed as he tightened the trap he had used some minutes ago.

Bert screamed in pain.

The trap began to cover up Bert.

“Don’t think that Lilia will forgive you for doing this to me!” Bert yelled as the trap covered him completely and disappeared into thin air.

Mikey looked at the wall and then looked at the floor.

Mikey’s POV

I had just killed a person.

In my whole entire life I have never killed a person nor a vampire.

I felt so bad. I didn’t want to be here anymore. I wanted to just..melt away.

Bella looked at me.

“We’re all murderers, Mikey. What has happened, can’t be undone.” She said in my mind.

“I know Bella, I know…” I said in my mind.

”We’re all criminals Mikey. All of us…” Sarah said in my mind as I felt her hand rest on my shoulder.

I looked down at my hands and shook in fear.

What have I become?

You were always born a crime…