The Umbrella Academy

I'm Trying To Let You Know Just How Much You Mean

Frank’s POV

We were sitting at the corner of the big cafeteria. I never knew that a college like this would have a cafeteria and Houses! For me, it felt weird cause it felt like I was back in high school again with the guys! Oh well, at least I was lucky enough to be in the Le Chiavi Di Segreto with the others. I think I would have killed myself if I were in another House.

“Frank, you listening?” Mikey asked as I snapped out of my thoughts.

“Huh? Oh sorry Mikey. Just zoned out I guess.”

“Ooo…did you spot a girl of your liking or something?” Ray joked.

I fake pouted and jabbed Ray in the side.

“OW! Why is everyone hitting me today?” he complained and everyone laughed as Ray rubbed his side.

I was sitting next to Mikey and Ray was sitting on the opposite side of me. Gerard was sitting in front of me in the middle of Silvia and Bob.

“I still can’t believe that Silvy is here in the same House as us!” Mikey exclaimed.

“Same here.” She said and smiled at me.

“What you guys been doing before you came here?” I asked.

“I’m in a new band called Mixed Up Music Band and I’m the lead guitarist in the band. It’s pretty fun, but the problem is, we’re all split apart from each other. The bassist and the singer was put into Los Adolescentes and the other guitarist and the drummer were put into Los Ángeles Oscuros.” She said, looking at her hands, which were laid out on the table.

“Wait just a second. Did you just say that 2 of your band members were put into Los Ángeles Oscuros?” Gerard asked, looking very confused.

“Yeah. The drummer is half vampire and the other guitarist is half angel. It’s pretty weird because I never knew until I saw them in the other House.” She replied, looking at Gerard as he nodded his head.

“And also, the other 2 are in Los Adolescentes right? But why? They have musical talent don’t they?” Bob asked as he peered past Gerard to look at Silvia.

She shrugged her shoulders.

“I still don’t understand why they’re in that House yet. I guess that they had something more important then the band.” She said, not really looking right at us.

“Oh…” Bob said but I knew that there was something weird behind this.

“Is that really all?” I asked which got weird looks from the others.

Silvia looked at me for a second with cold, glassy eyes but just nodded her head quickly and got up.

“I…I’m gonna go find my bandmates…” she said, her voice had a disappointed tone in it as she said this.

“Ok..” Mikey said but he knew that she wasn’t really going to go find her friends.

He looked over at Gerard worryingly. He looked at Mikey and looked at Bob.

“Bob…how about you go with her?” he said, putting a hand on his shoulder.

“Huh? Oh…maybe…” he said, I saw that he was looking at Silvia as she went out the cafeteria doors, her hands wiping away what looked like tears from her eyes.

“Bob…just go.” I sighed.

He glared at me and was going to say something but Ray stood up.

“I’m going to go check on her. Ok?” he said, his voice was different from any other time. The Ray I knew was gone. His cheery eyes had turned to stone and he went to find Silvia before we could say anything.

“What’s up with him?” Mikey asked but Gerard just shook his head slowly.

“I don’t know Mikes…I don’t know.” He said and laid his head on the table with his arms under him.

I didn’t know what to do. I think I might be the main cause of making this band break up again.

Again….

Those nightmares came back as the memories of our former band seeped into my mind making me shudder at the thought of it.

To Be Continued...