The Umbrella Academy

Vampires Will Never Hurt You

Frank’s POV

I ran into the classroom just as the bell rang and I sat myself down next to a girl with snakebites. Her nose was pierced and she had short black hair with blue tips. She looked at me with her black eye lined blue eyes.

“Hey. My name is Kehli Gainey. You must be Frank Anthony Iero? ”

“Uh yeah…how’d you know?” I asked.

“Oh, same school, and you were in the same Math class as me.”

“I never noticed you. But hey, nice to meet you.” I said as I shook her hand.

Her face was kinda pale and she had on a black and white striped shirt and tight black jeans. She was wearing black combat boots.

In an instant, I fell in love with her. She was so cute and she looked like Mary, only a bit more….intelligent looking.

I looked at her once in a while during class and she looked over at me also.

I suddenly noticed that she had really sharp teeth.

Was she…was she half vampire? Was she not part of The Secret Keys?

After the bell rang, I asked her,

“Hey, which House are you in?”

“I’m in The Dark Angels. You must be in The Secret Keys?”

“Yeah…but why are you…” but she put her finger to my lips.

“Don’t tell anyone this, but the teacher here is my mom and she made me be in this class with The Secret Keys.” She whispered and I raised my eyebrow.

“Really?” I said.

She nodded her head.

Suddenly she said, “You had a problem a minute ago wit your friends didn’t you?”

“What? How did you…”

“Hey, I’m a vampire, I read minds Frank.” She said, tapping her head with her finger.

“Cool!!!” I breathed as she came closer to me.

“And I know you fell in love with me the moment you saw me.”

Argh! Why did she have to know!

She began to laugh.

“You know, you’re starting to annoy me Kehli….” I fake pouted.

“Am I?” she smirked.

“Yes you are..” I smiled slyly and wrapped my arms around her.

“Aww…did Frankie find a new girlfriend?” someone said from the door.

I looked at the doorway and saw Gerard and the others snickering as Kehli’s face turned red.

“Guys!!” I groaned and the others just laughed.

“From when were you guys here?” I asked.

“Hmm..let’s see, from where you asked “Hey, which House are you in?” I guess?” Gerard said and I groaned again.

“Haha, Frankie's got a girl friend, Frankie's got a girl friend!” Mikey and Bob sang.

“And Bob likes Silvia.” Kehli added and the others looked at Bob.

“What the?”

“She reads minds, remember?” I said and Silvia looked at Bob in shock.

“Bob? Um…uh…”

Bob looked down at the floor.

“I uh..um…”

Both looked at Ray who looked at them surprisingly.

“What what what?! Don’t look at me like that!”

“But I thought you liked her Ray!” Bob said.

“I like her, but as a friend!!” Ray protested and Silvia looked at Ray and started giggling.

“And I’m okay! If Bob likes Silvy then that’s fine with me!” Ray exclaimed, waving his hands up in the air.

“He isn’t lying and I know that!” Kehli exclaimed as we went out the door.

She turned around to look at me while the others teased Bob and Silvia.

“Hey, I gotta go to my side of the House but I’ll see you again tomorrow ok?”

“Ok, same seats?”

“Sure thing.” She said and leaned in as I let my arms wrap around her once again.

Her lips collided with mine and she quickly pulled away and ran as the teacher, well her mom, turned around.

We all turned and ran to our rooms before she could say anything.

I felt a slight tingle on my lips and I felt my lips as I ran.

I looked at my finger and saw a red liquid.

Blood?

Kehli wouldn't try and hurt me on purpose, right?

Vampires will never hurt you…right?