The Umbrella Academy

Give Me A Reason To Believe

Mikey’s POV

“So, you gonna be ok being here?” asked Gerard, looking worried.

“Yeah, I’ll watch over Silvy. Plus, today’s Saturday Gerard. I can watch over her.” I answered as I looked over at Silvia who was lying on her bed.

Her room mate was out for some reason so I thought I should stay.

“Are you sure Mikey? We could go get Bob to be with her…” Ray said.

I shook my head.

“Nah, it’s ok Ray. Bob is busy with his homework and I don’t want to disturb him for that.”

Ray and Gerard just shrugged their shoulders as they left the room, leaving me with Silvia. Frank was with Bob trying to study for the upcoming music test they had.

I looked over at Silvia and sighed. I wonder if she was ok? She hadn’t waken up since yesterday which was Christmas. Her pendant had fallen down to her side. That thing around her neck…it looked really…familiar for some reason.

I shook my head. Forget it, it’s just your imagination Michael.

Suddenly, the door opened and in rushed a girl who I had never seen before.

My heart leaped. The girl standing in front of me was my dream girl!

“What are you doing in here?” she asked, looking at me in shock.

“I um…well…”

“Why are you in here?” she asked. I could sense the anger in her voice.

“I’m Silvia’s friend! She…she..well..yesterday…she kinda..well..something happened to her and uh…I was just about to go…I was just waiting for her room mate to come.” I said, starting to get up, but the girl put her hand out.

“No, stay. I didn’t know you were her friend. You must be the little brother of Gerard?” she said, her frown replaced with a smile which made me relax a bit.

“Uh, yes. How did you know?” I said, sitting back down as she sat in the chair next to me.

“Silvy explained everything to me. She’s been my best friend since…I don’t know, kindergarten I guess? I know everything about what happened to her yesterday. By the way, my name is Sarah Joy Garcia. You must be Michael James Way, Gerard Arthur Way’s brother?” she asked.

I nodded my head as I glanced back at Silvia.

She was still sleeping. I hope she will wake up soon.

“You must be her room mate?” I said, looking back at Sarah.

She shook her head.

“No, I’m not her room mate. Her room mate doesn’t even care about her which is the reason why she’s not here.”

“Then which House are you from?” I asked, getting confused.

“I’m from The Dark Angels. I’m half vampire. But I went to a normal school with Silvia. She was the only one who knew that I was half vampire.” She said.

“Oh…” I said, a little disappointed. I thought that she would be in this House, then we could be together.

“Yeah. I can see that you’re disappointed, Mikey.” She said, looking at me.

“What?! How did you know and how the hell did you know my nickname!” I exclaimed, staring at her with wide eyes.

She began to laugh and said,

“Hey, I read minds just like Kehli. She’s my roommate. So, that means I heard everything about Frank and her and everything else.”

“Wow, really?” I asked, looking at her.

“Yes Mikey.” She said, looking at me with confusion in her eyes.

“Why do you look so confused Sarah?” I asked as I gently pushed back a strand of hair that was in her face.

“I..I don’t know. Something is telling me that you’re afraid of me and something else is telling me….you love me.” She said quietly as she looked down.

I held her chin up to level with my eyes. My face was near her and we were almost in kissing distance.

“I do love you. I’m not afraid of you at all Sarah. You’re the love of my dreams.” I said as I let my lips collide with hers as she pulled me closer to her.

Just as I was about to deepen the kiss, someone said from beside us,

“Go you two are just like Kehli and Frank.”

We both broke away from our kiss and looked to see Silvia awaken and smirking at us.

“From when were you awake Silvia?” Sarah asked, withdrawing her hands away from me.

“Um…when I woke up, you two were kissing. I don’t know what happened to you two before that but…that’s the only thing I know.” Silvia said.

“Oh…ok.” I said, relieved that she didn’t hear the fight that had gone between us when she had come into the door.

“Where are the others?” Silvia asked, looking at me.

“Bob and Frank are studying, Gerard and Ray left before you woke up, and I just stayed back to watch you.”

“Thanks Mikey.” She said as she laid back onto the bed.

“How are you feeling Silvia? Any better?” Sarah asked.

“I’m feeling fine. I’m sorry for making you guys worry.” Silvia said as she sighed.

“Hey, it’s ok. It’s not your fault that you were like that yesterday.” I said as I held Silvia’s hand.

“So are you guys officially gonna be together or what?” Silvia asked as she pulled Sarah’s hand to mine.

“Huh? What? Uh…” Sarah muttered as Silvia put my hand on top of Sarah’s.

“You two were..meant to be. Just like Frank and Kehli.” Silvia whispered under her breath.

“What?” we asked in unison and we looked at each other, surprised.

“Nah, nothing. You guys better go before my roommate comes back. I think I’m going to rest just a bit more and I’ll join you at Frank and Bob’s room ok?” Silvia said.

“Uh…sure…” I said, confused.

“Sarah will talk to you later about my roommate. Then you’ll know why I said that. Now hurry, she could be back anytime.”

Sarah too hold of my hand and pulled me out of the seat. I followed her after a brief goodbye and we finally got out of the room.

I pulled Sarah to me and hugged her.

“We better hurry and get you to my room. Here, come with me and then you can talk about what’s going on, ok?” I said as I took hold of her hand as she begin to follow me.

“What about Gerard?”

“Gerard won’t be there. He’s at Ray and Bob’s room with Frank.” I replied as I opened the door to my room.

Luckily, I was right. Gerard wasn’t in the room.

I closed the door after Sarah came in and sat on the floor.

“So…what’s going on with Silvia’s roommate? Did she do something bad?”

Sarah just shook her head and said,

“It’s something worse than that, Mikey, much much worse.”

“What is it then?”

She looked at me with sorrow in her eyes.

“Her roommate is the one that killed your parents that fateful day Mikey. If you don’t believe me then fine, but it’s true.”

My hands balled up into fists. Silvia’s roommate a murderer? How could she live like that?

“I can’t believe you…her roommate couldn’t have killed my parents. What for?” I said, still not excepting the fact that the student had killed my parents.

“I know you’re in deep shock right now but… now that you know, you will know why Silvia tries to make you avoid her.”

I felt tears falling down from my eyes as my whole body began to shake. What would Gerard say if he heard this? What would he do?

Sarah held me tightly in her arms as those horrors came to life again in my head.

That day when my parents were still alive...

That fateful day where it all had to happen…

To be continued…