Another Chance

School

Prolog:
So this is the way it ends? With a lie? Everything I worked so hard for was for nothing; no it was for something it was for everyone I cared about, for all of my friends. I have changed so much and I don’t mean in a bad way either. If it wasn’t for my friends I wouldn’t have been so happy and for them I thank them so much. You cared about me and I suppose I grew attached to you all and cared about you all as well, and if it ends like the way it is soon then please forgive me.

Chapter One: School
She was short, had black hair, brown eyes, and no smile. That was the only way to describe her, the new girl. She walked down the hallway, passing everyone in sight. She heard them, she heard them talking about everything. They insulted her, complimented her, and a lot of those people paid no notice to her and continued with their daily gossip. That’s right this girl is in high school, but not just any high school, she’s in Destiny Academy, a school for those who can either afford or just that smart. She was just smart.
The girl walked around aimlessly, not knowing where the attendance office and no one bothered to ask her if she needed help. She looked down at her watch and saw that it was 7: 35 PM, which only gave her five minutes before class started. She took a left turn and found what she was looking for, the attendance office.
She entered the room and a shiver passed through her body as the heavily air conditioned room. She saw a man in a dress shirt with glasses typing on the computer in front of him; he must have been the secretary.
The girl had no time, she wanted to make a good impression on her first day, she wanted to be on time and have no worries or stress. She looked down and saw a bell on the desk and rang it, which let out a nice yet ear ringing “ding.”
The man behind the computer looked up at the girl and smiled as she looked at him blankly.
“You must be Megamii, no?” He asked as he looked at her and she nodded yes as she showed him a sweet smile, which was painfully fake but he did notice. “I see you’re quite bright” He said as he gave Megamii he level one and honor classes schedule. She looked down at the paper that was just given to her in such distain and the man caught on and switches some classes to level two.
Megamii walked out of the attendance office and looked around for her first class, History in room 220. She saw a sign on the door that said “Class will be taking place in the library” Megamii sighed as she turned to her right and saw the library right across her history room.
She walked into the library with hesitation and saw her class of 27 people and was greeted by the teacher. “Hello Megamii, we’re so happy that you can join us” Said the female teacher with a smile. The teacher pointed to her seat where a girl with long brown hair and blue eyes.
“Hello my name is Alkali, it’s nice to meet you Megamii,” She said with a smile. Megamii couldn’t have dared to be rude on her first day of school but she extended her hand so Alkali can shake it, which she gladly did.
The class went by as the teacher spent the whole forty-five minute class ranting on how the computers in the library are delicate and she be treated with care, during that time Megamii actually started to feel that Alkali can be a friend of hers.
The bell rang letting the children know that it was time to leave the class and go the next one.
“Hey Megamii, what class do you have next?” Asked Alkali. Megamii looked down at her schedule “I have English class next” She said with a soft voice. “Me too, here just follow me and you’ll be there in no time” Said Alkali as she led the way through the crowded hallway.
They arrived to room 235 and saw the large classroom of mostly the male population Alkali took her seat next to a boy with dark black hair. The teacher walked into the classroom with a clipboard with a seating chart on it.
“Now I know you’re Megamii so I want you to sit in that seat all the way in the back next to Kashino” Said the teacher as he pointed to a desk in the back. Megamii slowly made her way to the back desk. She sat down and put her belongings in the small compartment under the top of the desk.
She looked at the boy next to her, Kashino. He had longish brown hair and blue eyes. He just looked down at his lap; he wasn’t even paying attention to the teacher on how we were going to be reading a new book.
The boy looked up and Megamii and glared. She squeaked and Kashino laughed a little. He showed he had a hand held device, a PSP if you will. He was listening to music with his wireless headphones, what a tricky little bastard. As the teacher was still ranting on a note was tossed onto Megamii’s desk.

So are you okay in the back? I could move if you want? :(

Megamii laughed to herself and wrote back to who she knew was Alkali.

No, I’m perfectly fine back here…but if you want you can come over here

I’m pretty damn sure I can arrange that

Out of know where you heard a cell phone go off with the ring tone “What’s My Age Again?” by Blink 182. The teacher looked directly at Alkali and stuck his hand out, demanding the phone. She gave him the phone. “Go to the back, and also assume that it’s also your permanent seat as well miss Alkali” Alkali gathered her stuff and sat next to Megamii and they highfived each other under the desk.
It was after school, and Alkali and Megamii were at the nearest food store chowing down on food. “Hey want to come over my house and play some video games?” Asked Alkali as she ate a french fry. Megamii nodded her head from side to side. “I have to go home soon or else Richard will be mad” Said Megamii as she took a sip from her soda. “Richard? Your brother?” Asked Alkali, curious. “I guess you can say that” Said Megamii.
They both walked out of the fast food restaurant. “Well I’ll guess I’ll see you tomorrow” Said Alkali as she gave Megamii a goodbye hug. “Yea I guess so” Said Megamii as she hugged back. They both turned in opposite directions and walked away.
Megamii came home and was welcomed by none other than her childhood friend, Eclipse. “Richard is waiting for you” He said in cold and serious voice. Megamii sighed and walked downstairs into the dark basement.
A small dim light shined in front of Megamii’s face and nothing more. “Hello Megamii how was your first day at school?” Came a voice that she knew was Richard. “Quite nice” She said with no expression on her face. “Did you meet some of those so called, normal people” He asked as his voice grew more frightening to Megamii. Her heart pounded, she thought Alkali and how she would put in danger if she mentioned that they were more than slightly acquainted. “I suppose, they’re every where” She said in a monotone voice. “Megamii” Richard said. She cringed; she thought she was caught lying. “Keep up the good work” His voice died off and so did the dim light.
Megamii walked up the stairs and saw Eclipse, he looked pissed, and “You smell like human” He said in a voice that made her heart skip a beat. “I was in school, those places are filled with humans,” She said trying to sound convincing. “Watch yourself, we’re not like them” He said as he placed a hand on Megamii’s shoulder. It felt as if she was being burned by just the boy’s touch, she hated lying to her friend but she had no choice but to protect her new one. “No worries, I have this all under control,” Megamii said as she went upstairs to her bedroom.
She put her stuff on her bed and let out a sigh. “What’s wrong Megamii?” She heard a voice. She looked up and saw her little guardian, Tenshi. He was an angelic character that can help Megamii whenever she needs to be formal to those above her. “I’ll show you tomorrow, Tenshi.” She said to him as she got a head start on her dreaded homework. Tenshi didn’t talk any farther but just stayed silent for the rest of the time. ‘There’s no way I’m bringing Alkali into this mess’ Megamii thought to herself. ‘I won’t let her be brought down into war with humans and guardians’ She thought to herself as she felt her eyes get heavy and fell asleep at her desk.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you all like it