Status: writer's block on this one, I don't know what I want to happen next, will start back up when I get an idea.

When I Go Out I Wanna Go Out On A Chariot Of Fire

The Evidence

Ronnie's POV

I got on the plane that day and left Vegas for, well, I didn't know how long I was going to be gone, I hope it wasn't going to be long because I want to get back to Max, I know it started yesterday but I miss him.

The flight seemed to take forever. I stepped off the plane to see something I haven't seen in forever, snow. It was freezing and the wind gusted strongly as if it refuted my presence. I saw a girl dressed sharply in all black. A skirt that went down to her knees, a white button up shirt under a black blazer, she had on black high heels and damn, she had nice legs...

"Ronald Radke?" She asked me. As she approached me she had bright blue eyes framed in eyeliner.

"Ronnie, but yeah."

"I'm Evelynne Mabbitt, I'm going to be watching out for you while you're here, if you'll follow me please I will have someone grab you're luggage and we can be off." Oh damn, a stiff. I thought.

She waved her hand and two men carrying my bags came and followed us out to the parking lot. She was parked in the very first spot of the front row. She drove a brand new black Bentley. The men put my suitcases in the trunk and walked away.

"Climb in." she said gesturing to the passenger's seat.

"Aren't you cold?" I asked her as she started the car.

"Hun, I live here, I'm used to it, but we should get you a coat."

"Does it always snow here?"

"Seven months out of the year." She said. "Are you cold?"

"A little." I answered. She flipped a switch and the seats started to get warm. Heated seats? This chick rides in style.

"Do you always dress this professional?"

"Oh god no, I would hurt someone. I've always been that little chick with the chains and tats."

"Tattoos?" I asked.

"Yea I've got six of them, I've got quite a few piercings too."

"Really..."

"I'll show you them sometime." She said smiling.

About a half an hour later we turned into a long driveway. We ended up at a large house back in the woods. When she stopped the car she hit the horn once and two men came out of the house. They were dressed in suits and had white gloves on. They opened the car doors and we climbed out.

"Get Mr. Radke's bags and bring them up to the guest room we prepared." They nodded and as we approached the front doors someone opened those for us too. I was in awe of what I saw. The floor was perfectly polished and made from black granite tiles. The staircase curved exposing a large doorway. The stairs were made from white marble and the railing and spindles were stained with black stain making the wood look shiny and dark.

"What do you do that you can afford people just to open doors for you?"

"I work for the government and an intelligence expert."

"So... a spy?"

"Basically."

"And they let you have tattoos and piercings?"

"As long and they are not in view when wearing... well, this outfit basically. This is what I wear when meeting with them, so as long as they can't see them they don't care."

"Oh..."

"Well, let me show you around." She said leading me to the doorway by the stairs. She opened it and it revealed a staircase lit by what looked like LED candles in parts of the wall that were cut away. She led me down the stairs and flicked a light switch to reveal a room full of work out equipment. There was a human analog in the middle of the room. "Feel free to use any of the workout equipment down here." She led me over to a door. "This room always freaks me out, just giving you a warning.” She opened the door and as I walked into the room I felt an eerie sensation over come me.

“This room feels creepy.” I said.

“It does. The old owner of the house committed suicide down here and the help that I’ve employed and convinced that he haunts the room, its weird, like they think that he only haunts this room.”

“That’s freaky.”

“Yeah, now, there’s another floor below us, but there’s really nothing interesting down there, just storage. The metal doors fold out of the floor and there’s a staircase below them, never try to open the doors by yourself s they are really freaking heavy.”

She led me back upstairs and up the second set of stairs leading me to the top landing where she opened yet another door leading into another hallway. There were doors all the way down the hallway and she hit them with her hand as we walked and told me what was behind them.

“This,” She said opening the door at the very end. “Is your room.” She led me into the room. The walls were blood red and there was a king sized bed against one wall. The carpet was black as were the blankets and such that were on the bed. There was a metal briefcase on the bed. She opened it to reveal a watch, a metal cross necklace and a cell phone. She pulled out the watch and fastened it around my wrist.

“Never take it off, the panic button is for emergencies, like, if someone has a gun to your head, push the button, it tells me exactly where you are. Necklace, same deal she said putting it over my head so it rested around my neck. If you’re ever in trouble push the red button on the back.” She pulled a cord out and picked up the phone from the suitcase. “Phone.” She said. I pulled out my phone and handed it to her. She plugged my phone and the phone she had into the cord and they both lit up. She waited until the phone screens went dark and she handed me the new one back, she put my old one in the suitcase.

“Now, that phone can basically do anything you want it to.” She said handing me a Bluetooth headset. “Push this button and say ‘call Evelynne’ it calls me. Pretty simple.” She led me to a doorway covered by black curtains. She pushed them away and opened the doors leading me out onto a balcony. “You probably won’t get too much use out of this seeing as it’s the middle of winter but its here.” She led me back inside and closed the door. The desk over there has tons of paper and pens so you can write while you’re here, there’s also a laptop in there with internet access so you can go online.” She said before leading me to a single door. “This is you’re closet, if you walk far enough back in it there’s a bathroom with a tub, shower, sink, mirror, dressing table and a hot tub in there too, all for you to use obviously. You can hang up all your clothes and there’s also a dresser a little father back. The light switch is right here feel free to explore.” She led me out of the closet, out of my room, down the hall and back out onto the landing. She led me to a door all alone on the wall. “This is my room just come in if you ever need anything I spend most of my time in here.” She led me back down the stairs and through an archway into a well furnished kitchen where there were five people dressed appropriately in chef’s clothing cooking something that smelled fantastic. “They serve three meals everyday one of the butlers will probably fetch you when one is served, they are served at the same time everyday. They also serve a desert about an hour after dinner has been served. If you ever are hungry or want a snack just ask Amelia,” She said pointing to a young girl cooking something on the stove. “She will whip you up whatever you want.” She said. She led me into a dining room where it was dimly lit actual candles flickering on the table. This is the dining room, we will eat in here everyday. Now if you’ll follow me I’ll show you to the studio and the den.”

“Studio?” I asked.

“When I was a younger I always aspired to be a singer, I got every solo in the school choir and got the lead in every musical in school.”

“Wow, how long ago was this?”

“Well, I’m twenty two now so that’s eight years ago I was a freshmen in high school.”

“Wow, you’re just about the same age as me.”

She opened a glass door and inside it looked like a professional studio.

“You can feel free to use this since I know you’re a singer.”

“What kind of music do you like?” I asked.

“I listen to everything from the old ‘Dying Is Your Latest Fashion’ Escape The Fate and Falling in Reverse to Body Language by Jesse McCartney.” She said leading me into a room where there were leather sofas and the walls were painted a deep purple. There was a giant flat screen TV hanging on the wall and several shelves full of DVDs. “Um, all the DVD’s are sorted by genre.. So feel free I have tons movies so you’ll find something you like.” She said as one of the butlers she had walked into the room.

“Miss Mabitt, dinner is served.” He said.

“Thank you Dimittri.” She said and he nodded and walked away. Evelynne led me back into the dining room where we were seated before the help came out and poured us glasses of wine and placed plates of food in front of us. It looked really fancy.

That Amelia girl came out and stood in by the table. “Tonight we have served you a dish called Cassoulet Moderne. Enjoy.” She said before leaving.

“What did she say?”

“It’s a French and is quite good.”

“Oh ok.”
♠ ♠ ♠
so nothing with max just yet. he gets a chapter in his pov next