Status: writer's block on this one, I don't know what I want to happen next, will start back up when I get an idea.

When I Go Out I Wanna Go Out On A Chariot Of Fire

As You Lie In Your Grave

Max's POV

Evelynne had left but Marko and I found myself missing David more than ever. I can't believe he's actually gone, but he can't be gone, he was the most powerful vampire on the continent, there had to be a third party force behind this, and I was determined to find out. Laying in bed I decided to call upon Marko to pull some strings for me.

"Marko!" I yelled and he came running.

"What's wrong?"

"David couldn't have just died, he was so powerful, there had to be a force behind his death."

"Maxwell, he's gone, let it go!" He yelled, obviously hiding something.

"You know who did it, don't you?"

"Selena, you should be yelling at her, not me."

"What?"

"She didn't mean for him to die, she didn't want to hurt him at all, it wasn't meant for him."

"Keep going."

"She was ordered to kill Craig, but David drank the wrong wine and it killed him instead!"

I roared in anger, its a good thing I knew just where to find her. I slipped on my coat, forgetting all about Ronnie getting home in an hour with the car, and took off, running at vampire speed, Marko running beside me. It was too far to make it in one night, and I couldn't risk losing Marko, so about an hour before sun was due to rise we scoped out a nice dark cave we could stay the daylight in.

"Maxwell, you should probably stop ignoring your phone, its been ringing all night." Marko said laying behind a boulder which blocked any reaching sunlight.

"I know, I just don't know what to say to him."

"Don't ignore him, he loves you, he's probably worried."

"Okay, I'll talk to him."

I pulled my phone out after crawling into a dark corner of the cave and dialed Ronnie's number.

"Maxie! Thank god! Where are you? Are you okay?" He said when he picked up, which he did immediately.

"Ronnie, relax, I'm fine, I'm with Marko, I don't expect you to understand, but this is something I have to do."

"What are you doing baby?"

"I, I know who killed David, it wasn't meant for him. It was meant for Craig and either way Selena's going to pay."

"Maxie, come home, I don't want you getting hurt, baby please."

"I will, I have to do this, I knew you wouldn't understand."

"Baby, please, I don't want you hurt."

"I won't be, I love you Ronnie." I said before hanging up, I knew he was upset with me. I felt tears start to fall gently down my face. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I looked up to see Marko's pale face looking down at me with the care he always showed towards me.

"Why doesn't he understand?" I asked with tears in my eyes.

"Maxwell, he just doesn't want you to get hurt."

"Its something I need to do."

"I know Maxwell, everything is going to be okay. Don't worry about it okay?"

I nodded and we retreated behind the boulder he was behind before, knowing that if the sun was going to get this far back, it was going to be soon. We laid down next to eachother and I used his chest as a pillow as I slept. It was hours later that the sun was down again and we headed out. It was only half way through the night that we reached Selena's lab. I burst in the door and she almost dropped the flask she was holding.

"Max?" She asked.

"You killed him! He did nothing to you and you killed him!" I yelled.

"Craig? He shouldn't be dead. The potion should wear off in a few hours, he was only supposed to look dead."

"Not Craig! David! David took the potion!"

"Then all you need is to wait, he's not dead Max, I wasn't going to kill anyone, it was meant for Craig and it wasn't going to kill him either. The potion should wear off, hmm, for a vampire to take it, should take another day at least, could be up to three."

"You're fucking evil! I can't believe you!" I said taking off towards the cave we stayed in last night, knowing I wouldn't make it back to Vegas where David was buried in half of one night. I reached the cave and Marko ran in with a bag he didn't have when we left about half an hour later.

I slept all that next day and took off with Marko to the dense part of the forest David was buried in that night. The shovels were still where we left them and I started digging. Marko set down the mysterious bag he had and helped me, it only took about an hour with our speed and strength before we reached his metal coffin. I didn't want to bother pulling the coffin out of the dirt, I opened it and saw David lying peacefully, still 'dead'. I hauled his body out and got myself out of the hole after kicking the coffin closed. I set David's body on the ground before helping Marko refill the hole with dirt. We packed the dirt down and I picked up David's body, we ran through the forest back to my house where we found Ronnie passed out on the couch with tears streaks down his face. I set David's body on the arm chair and went over the Ronnie.

"Ronnie, baby, wake up." I said brushing his hair from his face.

"Maxie?"

"Baby I'm home, safe and sound."

"Maxie what are you doing to David."

"He's not dead, Selena, she's a potions bitch, she made a potion that was supposed to make Craig seem dead for two days, she says David could wake up anytime between tonight and two days from now."

"Or I could give him this." Marko said pulling out a sealed flask. It had a blue liquid in it that seemed to glow.

"What is it?"

"Antidote."

"Let me see it." I said taking the flask from him. Selena taught me all about poisons and their antidotes at one point, I spent years studying it, so I could tell within a few minutes if it was a antidote or another poison. I took it into the kitchen to examine it more clearly. I came to the conclusion that it was indeed and antidote, and before walking back into the living room I saw the sun starting to come up. I went in with the flask and pulled the black curtains completely shut before walking over to David's lifeless body. I climbed on top of him, one knee on each side of his hips, and used my hand to open his mouth. I poured the liquid his mouth and it flowed down his throat. I poured all of the contents of the flask into him and waited, still on top of him. He started coughing, the liquid splashing out of his mouth. I wiped his face off and his eyes opened.

"David?" I asked about to cry, his eyes open is the highlight of the year for me, I can't believe he's alive.

"Baby what's wrong?" He asked.

"David!" I said wrapping my arms and legs around him tightly. "I'm so glad you're alive."

"D-Did Selena do something to me?" I love how he knew who did it to him.

"It wasn't meant for you, but yes, she poisoned you, but it was meant for Craig, which is probably worse in your eyes. But you're safe, and Craig's safe, and you're alive and god David, when you died, god it was awful."

"Its okay Maxie, I'm here." He said kissing my neck. This was right before Craig ran into the house, I guess Marko or Ronnie called him.

"Oh my god! David! Is it really you?" He asked on the verge of tears. I got off of David and let David stand up. He nodded and Craig ran to him trapping David's lips with his own. I could see Craig crying. "Oh David, I can't believe you're alive." Craig said.

"You have Max to thank for that." Marko said.

"What?"

"He was convinced that David couldn't have just died, and threw a tissy fit at Selena, who was supposed to kill you, in which she was only going to make you appear dead and you would have been fine in a few days, but since David got the poisoned wine, he wouldn't have woken up."

"She told me he would have."

"She lied because she value's her life and she gave me the antidote after you left."

"She should have just given it to me, she's be higher on my 'don't murder' list."

"Well, either way, thanks Max." Craig said interrupting.

"I couldn't allow David to be dead, he's too important to me. That would be like, like if Ronnie was dead! Only I think I would have killed something if you died baby." I said walking into Ronnie's awaiting arms. "I love you Ronnie."

"I know baby, I know." He said kissing the top of my forehead. "And I do understand."

"I didn't think you would."

"Baby, I know how close you two are, but its different from what we have, so I had to think about it, and then seeing that, I understand baby."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sort of kind of back.