If Only Time Flew Like a Dove

If I Woke Up Next To You

"I love you, Hayley."
Silence.

"Do you love me too?" Josh asked.

"Yes, Josh, you know I love you!" I replied.

"Do you love me and nobody else?"
Another silence.

"Hayley?" He raised his eyebrows, giving me a quizzical look, trying to read the emotion in my chestnut eyes.

"Only you." I lied, faking a smile.
As we walked down the busy London street, we kept our heads down and our hoods up. We were playing a show here tonight at the Wembley Stadium, so we knew that fans would definitely be around. They knew that we were here, in London, obviously, so on the day of the show they go out scouting around the venue to see if they can spot us anywhere. We don't get that when we play gigs in America. It's more of an English thing, I guess.

We stopped in the middle of the street, adjusting our dark sunglasses. We were getting a number of weird looks from other people, seeing as it was quite a dull, cold day.

"Want a coffee?" Josh asked me politely.

"Sure." I said.
We slowly made our way over to the Starbucks on the other side of the street, holding hands. It was fairly busy, as coffee shops always are on cold days. We peered through the glass in the vast windows, and I spotted a small, scruffy dog, asleep on a damson tasselled cushion. We crouched down by the window, so that we were at eye-level with it.

"It's so sweet!" I giggled. "Makes me remember how much I miss Tux..."

"Who the hell's Tux?"

"You know, my cat, Tux?"

"What are you talking about? You don't even have a cat!" He laughed.

"Yes I - oh...no, you're right." I said, remembering. Actually, I did have a cat. And, yes, he was called Tux. He was at my flat, way back in Tennesee, with my best friend and flatmate Alicia looking after him. Zac and Jeremy, the others in the band, didn't know about him either. They didn't have a single clue about my self-proclaimed 'double-life'.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello :]
Hope you like the story so far, I'm kinda improvising this one. And yes, I did the research - Hayley actually does have a kitty called Tux!
Keep reading and commenting.
xoxo