Status: Completed :D/D:

In Fate's Hands

Chapter 24

I paid no attention to Ethan and Keegan’s fight. I already knew that Ethan would kick Keegan’s ass, Keegan’s too afraid to fight back.

I kneeled down by Ian, who was covered head to toe in blue, pink, purple, and green frosting, small chucks of cake sticking to his clothes. He curled up into a little ball and started balling his eyes out.

“Oh, honey, come here.” Nick said quietly, basically sitting in Ian’s lap, hugging him tightly, petting his hair. “Shh, shh, it’s okay, sweetie. It’s okay…” Nick said, rocking him back and forth slightly, continuing to stroke his hair.

I started rubbing his back, since I felt like I was doing nothing to help this situation.

I saw Ethan through my peripheral vision. I turned my head to him and slightly smiled as he slid his arm around my waist.

“That cake took me three days to make.” Ian spoke up, though quiet. “Three fucking days.” He expressed loudly, leaning away from Nick. He looked at the floor around him, all the frosting smeared into the carpet, all three tiers crushed.
The side of his arm flashed a line of gleaming red liquid. He probably got cut from the table breaking.

“Ian, you’re bleeding!” I said, making Ian look at it, then blowing it off.

“Fuck that. I don’t care. The only thing I care about right now is kicking their asses.” He said harshly, his tone of voice making him become almost a totally different person. He was never hostile or violent towards anyone.

Before we could talk him out of it, be broke down in Nick’s arms again.

“Hey.” I heard Ethan say beside me.

Ian looked up, his eyes bloodshot, his cheeks an ugly color from all four of the frosting colors mixed together.

“Don’t worry about them. If anything I’ll take care of them.” Ian cracked a smile, and I automatically smiled, too.

“And besides, it’s not all that bad.”

Before I knew what was coming to me, Ethan stuffed a huge piece of cake in my face, getting it everywhere.

I heard everyone laughing a little at what Ethan just did.

“We can have fun with this.” Ethan said, a smirk in his voice.

I situated a piece of cake in my hand, getting ready to throw it, smack dab at Ethan’s face. How’s that for fun.

I raised it up and let it fly.

Ethan dodged it.

And hit mom square in the chest.

I covered my mouth, eyes wide, getting ready for mom to start yelling.

But instead she fought back, and a food fight began. My only target was Ethan, getting him back for starting it.

After a good five minutes of attacking everyone else, I pinned Ethan to the ground, sitting on him so he couldn’t get away, and stuffing cake in his face like he did to me, and he just laughed his ass off.
I paused for a second, looking at the situation around me.

This is what makes a relationship.

The kinds of things that you can look back to ten years from now and still get a good laugh out of it.

Feeling like you’re not only a couple, but you’re also best friends.

Those kinds of things make moments like this unforgettable.

Tonight is going to be an unforgettable night, as best friends and as lovers.

I promised myself that I wouldn’t let just anyone have their way with me. That I wanted to save it for that one special person who I know would make it all worth while.

Ethan is surely that person.

I wiped the mess of cake from Ethan’s lips, pressing my own against them.

I felt a finger tap on my shoulder. I pulled away from Ethan’s lips, though I could tell he didn’t want me to.

I turned my head and saw Ian and Nick smiling at us.

“You should probably get a room.” They said, knowing what was about to happen. I told them that tonight was going to be the night.

I smiled at them and turned to kiss Ethan once more before getting off him and pulling him up with me. I pulled him into my room, closing the door.

I attacked his lips with my own, pressing my body against his, pushing him into the wall. I let myself loose, letting myself lose control with him, like I’ve wanted to do for a while, but I always chickened out or didn’t feel ready.

I let Ethan’s hands wander under my shirt, down by my waistline. I moaned into him as he fingered one of my soft spots, pulling away from his lips so we could rid our bodies of shirts.

Ethan started going at my neck, undoing my belt and getting my pants off.

My mind started racing. It was actually going to happen, and I don’t know whether I’m nervous or excited. I felt my body shaking slightly and my breath becoming ragged.

Ethan looked up at me, slight concern on his face. “You okay?”
I nodded, looking into his amazing icy blue eyes, getting a new sense of confidence. I went at his mouth with my tongue, getting his pants off.

Ethan pushed us away from the wall and onto my bed, where he fell on top of me. He looked down at me, smiling. “You’re so beautiful.” He said breathlessly.

I kissed him softly. “I love you so much.” I whispered.

Our boxers came off and before Ethan got any further, he asked, “Are you ready?”

I nodded, feeling my breathing pick up pace, this time out of excitement than nervousness. “I’ve been ready.”

He grabbed a big chunk of my hair, making sure not to pull on it too hard. “Happy birthday.”

What came after that was the thing I’ve been waiting for, and it was nothing short of what I was anticipating.

No matter how much I thought about how many times Ethan’s done this, and how many different guys he’s done it with, it always came back to feeling like I was the only one he’s ever had, the only one he’s going to have.

When it was over, I felt like I’d fallen for Ethan even more. We know each other better than anyone else does, and that’s a really special feeling for me.

I fell asleep on Ethan’s chest as he was running his fingers through my hair. It was a really relaxing feeling. I woke up a little bit when Ethan’s finger got caught in a little snarl. He pulled his hand away quickly, and I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling myself up so my head was resting beneath his chin, falling asleep again, feeling on top of the world.

“Riley.” I heard my name being whispered in my ear.

I groaned and turned over, not wanting to wake up yet.

Ethan’s lips pressed against mine. “It’s after one in the afternoon, we should probably get up.”

“Mmm…five more minutes.” I mumbled, wrapping my arms around his waist, pulling myself closer to him.

“Riley, that’s what you said two hours ago.” He said, laughing.

“Nuh…uuhhh…” I said, letting out a huge yawn.
Ethan started tickling my sides, making me squeal and roll away from him. Ethan crawled across the bed and continued tickling me.

“Okay, okay, okay, okay! I’m. Up. Stop. Tickling me!” I said, breathing after each word, holding in my insane laughter.

Ethan kept his hands on my sides and leaned down to kiss me. “Good morning.”

I tried not smiling, failing, and hit his arm. “Yeah, morning.”

“No good?” He asked, jutting his lip out.

I laughed a little, though it came out like a giggle. “Fine. Good morning.”

Ethan smiled and kissed me once more before getting out of my bed and getting dressed. I followed, stretching, dressing, and opening the door.

“It’s about time you guys emerge!” Ian said.

“You’ve been here the whole time?” I asked, now getting kind of embarrassed as to what they heard from my room last night.

“Your parents said that we could sleep here. We got to shower and everything.” Nick said, glancing at Ian, smirking.

My jaw dropped. “Wow, really? In my shower? Why in my shower?!”

They both burst out laughing. “Don’t worry, hun, we’re kidding. Both of us showered separately. We have more respect than to do that in someone else’s shower.” Ian said.

I glared at them, but it soon faded as I sat on the floor at Nick’s feet, Ethan following to sit next to me.

“So how was it?” They asked.

“You would want to know.” Ethan said, smirking as I rested my head on his shoulder.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really am going to miss this :[
The last chapter will either be out later tonight or sometime tomorrow.
Thank you all very much <3
I hope to see as many of you reading the Nick and Ian story, which should be getting started over this weekend.
Love you guys <333