Status: Completed :D/D:

In Fate's Hands

Chapter 6

“Chase is such a jerk.” Nick said on the way to lunch, Ian’s arm around his waist.

“He’s better than Ethan.” Ian said. “He would’ve probably spit in his face and kicked him a couple times. At least Chase has some sort of soft spot.”

“I am right here, guys.” I said, smiling at the way they were talking like I wasn’t even there.

“Sorry, Ry. Are you okay?” Nick asked, sounding overly sympathetic.

I shrugged. “I’ve taken worse from Ethan. His man whore is no match.”

That made Ian and Nick chuckle a little as we went through the crowded doorway, making our way towards the salads, wraps, and pizza.

“You know, Nick, meat is delicious, you should try some.” I said, holding up a piece of sausage and mushroom pizza to Nick’s face.

“Oh my god, get that away from me, I will seriously puke.” Nick freaked, his complexion getting pale.

I laughed and put it back, just getting some breadsticks. “Sorry, it was just too tempting. I have to give you crap about being veggie since my parents refuse to.” I put my arm around his shoulders.

He smiled, cheeks tinting slightly red, elbowing my side. “At least I don’t eat dead, decaying, bloody carcasses…” Nick went on.

“Okay, okay, I got it. I don’t need visuals.”
The three of us walked from the lunch line to our little circular table that was perfect for just the three of us.

I bit into my breadstick and looked around the cafeteria, not seeing Ethan, Chase, or the twins. I smiled; this was going to be a good lunch.

“Ian, you should give me a muffin.” I suggested.

“I don’t have anymore, they ate them all second hour. Sorry, hun.” He apologized.

I shook my head in disappointment, ripping another part of my breadstick off, dipping the other end in marinara sauce.

“Where do you think Ethan and his posse went?” Nick asked.

“To get wasted.” Ian and I said.

“You should know that, you live with me. Keegan and Kaedyn get wasted at least three times a week. They won’t be back today.” I said, rolling my eyes.

“Well that’s stupid.” Nick said.

“Yeah, tell me about it.” I agreed.

After lunch and for the rest of the day, the four guys didn’t show, just like I predicted. After school, I broke into Kaedyn’s locker and grabbed his keys to the car.

Ever since lunch, our talk about Ethan and them getting wasted burned curiosity in my mind, wanting to know what actually happened when they got wasted together. The urge to go see what they were doing grew throughout the day.

I didn’t express any of this around Ian. He would freak out.

“Are you busy tonight?” Ian asked Nick, wrapping his arms around Nick’s waist, keeping him close.

“I have a shit ton of homework, I’m sorry, baby.” He nuzzled his face into his neck.

Ian kissed his cheek, smiling. “It’s okay, I’m not more important than school.”

Nick looked at Ian. “Yes you are. Just not during finals.”

Ian smiled and brought Nick’s lips to his. “I love you.”

Nick tightened his hug. “I love you, too.”
“I’ll see you tomorrow.” Ian said quietly.

Nick let go, kissing him once more. “Bye.”

We finally separated from Ian and walked to Kaedyn’s car.

“Nick.” I said, getting in the driver’s seat.

“Yeah?” He asked.

“You were curious about Ethan and them, right?” I asked, smirking.

Nick caught on right away. “Where do you think they went? Probably Ethan’s, since your mom gets home at 1.”

I shook my head. “I don’t think so.”

“Lets just drive there, check it out.” Nick said.

I sighed and started the car. “Alright.”

We got to Ethan’s house, not seeing Ethan’s car in the driveway.

“Where else would they be?” Nick asked.

“I have an idea.” I backed out of the driveway and headed downtown.

“Where are we doing?”

“Ethan’s brother’s loft. You can get away with anything at Nathan’s.”

“How do you know this?” Nick asked.

“A combination of eavesdropping on Keegan and Kaedyn’s conversations and being more or less best friends with Ethan back when we were kids. Nathan moved out of his parents’ house last year, and he gave me his address for some reason. We were never close, but he probably thought that Ethan and I were still friends.”

“Is his brother hot?” Nick asked quietly.

I hit his arm, staring at him with my mouth open. “Nick!”

He laughed. “Well, is he?”

My face flushed a light red. “Sexy as hell, but straight.”
“Psh, it’s not like I was going to go after him or a…ny..” Nick slowed his speech as we pulled up to Nathan’s loft. “This is where he lives?”

I nodded, smiling, getting out of the car. Surprisingly, no loud bass was bumping the walls and there weren’t cars parked down both sides of the street. Nathan knew how to throw parties, regardless of the time of day. I’ve experienced some of them back when Ethan and I hang out a lot.

We walked up to Nathan’s doorstep and I rang the doorbell. I heard a pair of feet running across his wood floors. The deadbolt and knob were unlocked, revealing one of the hottest guys I know.

His long straight brown hair fell over his eyes, his face was thin and slender with perfect features. I could just imagine how defined his body is underneath his casual black button down shirt and dark faded skinny jeans. He smiled at me, seeming genuinely happy to see me. “Hey Riley, I haven’t seen you in a while. What brings you here?” He asked.

I smelled no alcohol on his breath. Maybe they weren’t drinking, at least not yet.

“I just wanted to know where Keegan and Kaedyn were, and since I know they’re here, I think we’re going to get going. It was good seeing you, Nate.” I rushed, wanting to turn around and go home. My mind was just starting to freak out about the fact that there was going to be booze here.

Nathan grabbed onto my wrist, smiling. “Come on, Ry, you and your friend can come in for a little while, take a load off. We don’t bite.” He said, his last sentence sounding totally sexy.

I looked at Nick, and he was melting in Nathan’s presence, unable to form words.

“Alright, I guess we could come in. Oh, this is Nick, just to let you know. Nick, Nathan.”

Nick gave him a goofy smile. “Hey.”

Nathan just smiled at Nick and let us in, where we joined Ethan, Chase, Keegan and Kaedyn.

“What the hell are you two doing here? Where’s the other little bitch? Ivan or whatever his name is.” Ethan asked, a sneer in his voice.

I glared at him, putting my hand on my hip. “Obviously Ian is not here, so you can shut the fuck up. And I just wanted to know where you guys ran off to. Nathan just so happened to invite us in for a little while.”

Ethan smirked, looking at everyone else in the room, then turned back to us. “Alright, alright, that’s cool. Have a seat.”

Nick and I looked at each other with doubtful expressions, but sat down on the floor a few feet from the twins, who sent us glares.

I rolled my eyes, putting my chin in my palm, resting my elbow on my knee, bored. Is this seriously all they do when they ditch school?

There was a knock at the door, and once again, Nathan ran to answer it. After unlocking it, everyone but Nick and I cheered. We were the only ones that didn’t know what came to the loft.

After Nathan turned around and I saw the tops of various bottles, I understood why they were cheering. None of them are 21 yet, so Nathan had to get someone to buy it for them.

“Pass me that bottle of Jose Cuervo.” Chase said, reaching his hand out as Nathan gave him the whole bottle.

“I knew you would like that.” Nathan said, digging out the rest of the bottles. “I’ve got everything and more to choose from. Take your pick.”

“You got orange juice?” Keegan asked.

“Oh yeah.” Nathan said, smirking, pulling out two paper cartons full.

“Screwdrivers.” Keegan and Kaedyn said.

“Come on, Riley, you gotta get in on this. You’re not going to be here without getting at least a little alcohol in your system.” Ethan said, tossing me a second bottle of Jose Cuervo. I examined it, opened it, and sniffed it. It had a strong scent, but I put my lips to the brim and took a drink anyways, ignoring my rational mind. I’ve been wanting to just break away for a while, and now’s my chance.

The alcohol warmed my insides, and I smiled. I barely had any and my mind already felt slightly hazed over. I continued consuming the contents of the bottle, regardless of the consequences, regardless of anything.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lengthy, eh? I didn't realize it until after I finished writing it x3

Here's Nathan: Nathan