It's A Scandalous Affair

Innocence

When Playing video games, Waverly Owls should look before they shout.

Joie had literally all day to pack. Well, at least until 9:00 tonight. A first night in party, from what she heard all the people in the courtyard speaking of. And she thought there’d be some variation of kids. The Return program students would be on a more mature and delicate level aside from the real students. Hearing them speak, she couldn’t tell any difference of how old they were. But since she herself never had a high school experience, she couldn’t decipher if the similarities in age groups were good or bad.

301…302…303…304! She reached her room.

“Callie Vernon,” She read the other name engraved on the gold slide positioned on the white door or room 304. It must have been her room mate. Without another thought, she pushed open and walked into the cool room.

The room was a pale sky blue, with crisp white shag carpet. There were two dark cherry wood four poster beds. The room could easily be described as huge. With the spacious beds, it didn’t look crowded a bit. Even with the matching vanities and cushion topped stools.

“It’s so…elite” She laughed to herself, dropping her stuff on the ground by the empty bed. From the looks of it, her room mate had been here already. There was a purse with a discarded lip gloss by its side and a light pink mini skirt. Both beds were left untouched so Joie took the one closest to the bay window.

Changing into a red sports bra and a pair of sweats, Joie lugged some of her bags over to the bed. On the bed’s side there were dresser drawers underneath it along with the dresser beside the bed itself.

“Ahh, Welcome to Waverly,” She said to herself, welcoming the coming hours of packing ahead of her. And it was only noon. She had all day.

Joseph.

Joseph Jonas sat in the small front office with his mother and two younger brothers. Attending Waverly’s ‘teach to be taught’ program wasn’t quite a thrill for him. He was happy to be out of high school. But his mother had told him that it would be a nice experience. And his younger brother would be attending Waverly as a Senior. First term senior. So that made Joe a second term. That was so dumb, in Joe’ opinion. We aren’t students anymore so we shouldn’t be called second term. We shouldn’t even be here. This program was Waverly’s latest idea. He read the flyer they sent, saying what this whole program was about. Learning to help others, basically. Like the kids at Waverly even caredabout others.

He looked to his little brother as Frankie played with his Transformers and smiled. He’d grown to admire children since he was fourteen years old. They made him think about innocence, something that really didn’t live past high school, middle school even. That’s when everyone tried to grow up too fast, living for only now. Trying to be on their own, but not knowing what they want to do. Joe may not have been the most innocent, but he stayed true to himself. As long as he knew where he came from and what he was raised with, he was Joe.

His cell phone buzzed in his pocket. Picking out the i-Phone, he checked who it was. Heath.

Dude! There’s this hot chick here for the program. Shes in Dumbarton(you know what that means!). got her to go to the party tonight. Where R U?

Joe sort of doubted that Dumbarton was still considered the dorm with the hottest girls. It was only considered that because of Tinsley Carmichael, and before her, Skye Hamilton.

I’m in the front office. My brother is enrolling.

Joe texted back and kept the phone in his hand. Heath Ferro was Joe Jonas’s best friend. It probably didn’t seem unlikely when they were at Waverly because of their equally amazing good looks. But Heath was a downright man whore. And Joe, Joe had never had sex in his life. But Heath was a good friend to him; just a little careless.

Nick?

Yeah.

Keep ‘em safe, bro ;D

Of course; he had to. Nick knew girls, but he had no idea about Waverly girls. Their conniving ways and vicious envies. Their tricks and lies. They were something on a whole new level away from regular girls you date. They were dangerous.

Of course, he thought again. He would prep Nicholas tomorrow morning.

Joie.

Joie was halfway through filling what she could into drawers, folding each piece neatly. She was busy singing along to All Time Low from her Mac Book when Easy Walsh decided to pay a visit to his girlfriend in Dumbarton, Heath tagging along. Originally, it was only Easy, but Heath insisted that Callie would appreciate him. With a roll of his eyes, he said no more and let Heath along. Carefully, they walked past the second floor. Everyone knew that Dumbarton’s dorm mistress, Angelica Pardee, had the most annoying squawk when she was mad.

“How’d you know Callie would be here?” Heath asked once they were past Pardee’s door and going up to the third floor.

“I dunno. It seems natural that she’d make sure they gave her her prized room. She had the same one all through high school.” Easy answered.

Heath shrugged, but quirked his eyebrow once he heard something. It sounded like…rock. He couldn’t tell the band but that was irrelevant. And once they reached the room with Callie’s name on the plaque, they were further confused. Easy had been with Callie for a year and never had he heard her listen to anything like this. She was that Justin Timberlake/ Britney Spears type girl.

They slowly opened the door to reveal Joie, bobbing her head as she sang along.

Heath’s eyes traveled down to something he thought incredibly sexy. On Joie’s lower back, a tattoo showed. Heath couldn’t make out the words, but that kiss mark was distinct along with the scattered hearts.

“Dude, look,” Heath whispered to Easy, nudging him. Easy saw it immediately and was instantly intrigued. Even he had yet to get a tattoo.

Joie grabbed the jeans she had draped on the bed and went to carry them to the walk-in closet. She was on her way back when she finally chose to notice the guys in her doorway.

“Shit!” She breathed, almost dropping the handful of hangers she had. “You do realize this is a girl’s dorm?”

“Yes. We’re sorry, we were looking for Callie.”

“Oh her? I haven’t seen her at all. She came through, though.” She shrugged. She didn’t seem to be fazed by the fact she was in sweats and her hair was in a sloppy ponytail in front of them. She proceeded to lower the volume of the music before turning back to them.

“Heath, isn’t it?” She smiled, making him smirk.

“You got it, Honey.” He winked and she laughed, amused. She didn’t need anyone to tell her what Heath was about, she could see it in his eyes.

“Hey, do you know where Brandon is? I wanted to know if he wanted to go out for lunch” She asked, readjusting her shirt which had ridden up.

“Back in our room. 402 in Richard’s dorm.” He answered, “I’ll see you later tonight?”

“Of course.” And with that, the boys left her to change her clothes.

She got some weird, some hungry, looks from the boys in the Richards dorm. I guess girls aren’t supposed to be here? She simply smiled politely and made her way to the fourth floor of Richards, room 402. Once she was there she knocked on the deep oak wood door.

Not ten seconds later was Brandon Buchanan at her service. “Didn’t think I’d see you thissoon.” He laughed, causing her to join in.

“Yeah, I know. But I got hungry and I have absolutely no sense of direction out here.”

“You’re not from New York?”

“Nope. I’m a California girl.” She shrugged. He nodded and smiled.

“Sure, let me grab my shoes.” He disappeared from the doorway and she caught site of another hot guy playing an X-box.

“Yes! Die friggin’ loser!” He shouted, mercilessly pressing buttons. She giggled, causing Brandon to hurry and shut the door behind him. He apologized and she simply laughed.

They walked outside and onto the stone pathway leading to the front of the school.

“So what would you like?”

“A good hamburger. I don’t know, I’ve never been out here.”

“Really? What the hell brings you to Waverly then?”

“Eh, my mom. It’s a long story,” She smiled, sighing.

“We’ve got time,” He encouraged.

“Maybe another time, Brandon.” She said and brought up a subject of Dandelions until they reached the car.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment?
These chapters come out longer than I think they will.
And its a good thing?

-Treasure.<3