Status: Finished

Animal Attraction

Grand Theft Auto?!

“GRAND THEFT AUTO?!” My mother screamed at me. I looked over to Brock and he had his lips pursed and his face was red because he didn’t want to laugh.

“How is it grand theft auto? I just borrowed Landon’s rental car.” I pointed to the car.

“Landon called me saying the car was missing and he was this close to calling police. Do you have any idea what would’ve happened if they had caught you?”

“I’d explain to the cop that it was my… Landon’s car and that it was no big deal.” I said and for some reason I looked over to Edward and Bella and they had sympathetic looks.

I just rolled my eyes and wanted to punch them both. Well, jusr Bella because I couldn’t punch Edward without breaking a bone or something.

“You would’ve gone to jail--”

“And Landon would’ve dropped the charges, mom, come on, it’s not a big deal.”

My mom exhaled deeply and she closed her eyes. She was counting to ten. She always did that when I got in trouble. She was a very patient person but even someone as patient as my mom had limits.

“Look… you are making yourself look like you have no class.” My mom said. “I know his children make you uncomfortable and it’s awkward for me too… because…” She paused and looked to Brock. “Can you gives a bit of privacy, Brock?” Brock walked away.

My mom took me aside so no one could hear.

“I loved your father and it’s weird seeing him with… her and them.”

I crossed my arms across my chest and glared hard at nothing in particular.

“Do you want to give them the pleasure of thinking you weren’t raised right?”

I remained quiet. Anything I would’ve said would about them would be curse words and storming off.

“How did you know where I was?” I asked.

She chuckled. “The second I saw that Brock was leaving I had my suspicions but when Landon called about the car being gone, along with the keys and you, I knew you were here.”

“So what now?” I asked.

“You’re grounded.”

I whipped my head so fast it hurt. “WHAT?!”

“You took your fath--”

“HE IS NOT MY FATHER!!!” I yelled. All that built up anger was out. “I DON’T CARE WHAT THEY THINK ABOUT ME BECAUSE IT DOESN’T MATTER TO ME. THEY COULD THINK I WAS WHITE TRASH FOR ALL I CARE!!!”

I gave her the keys and walked away from her.

“Erin!” My mother called after me but I started to run. I ran past Edward and Bella and I saw Edward’s look of confusion before I ran back towards La Push. That was stupid of me. If was a fifteen minute drive but it was a very long walk to La Push.

I was a very proud girl so I stuck with it and continued to walk. I stuffed my hands in my jeans. All I wanted was a peaceful summer. But no, fate had something else in mind. ‘Why don’t we bring her absent father and snotty brother and sister to make her life miserable and then make her have some sort of feelings for the one person she hates more than her father’ Yeah, fate had a twisted way of playing with people.

I looked at the sky. It was still gray. After I walked for fifteen or twenty minutes I saw a familiar car approach. It stopped besides me. I opened the door and got in. Jared had a weak smile on his face.

“My mom called you.” It wasn’t a question.

“I am your best friend.” Jared said as he made a U turn. “Your mom says you can stay at my place until you cool down.”

“Is your mom--”

“My mom is the one who suggested it.” Jared smiled. “Don’t worry, bud, she knows you’re having a hard time.”

“Hard time isn’t my choice of words but it kind of fits. How about I am having a shitty time? Or a fucked up time?” I laid my head back on the seat.

“I bet your mom is having all those times too.” Jared said.

“Could we not talk about how messed up my life is? How about your world? What is the 411 on the Supernatural?” I smiled and Jared smiled wider.

“It is all under control thanks to us.”

“No vampire on the loose?” I questioned with disappointment.

“Heck no.”

“I saw Edward and Bella.” I said and Jared whipped his head to me like I had done.

The car started to move off the road.

“Jar!” I screamed and he snapped out of it.

“You were with a leech?”

“Uh, correction, bud, I said I saw him.”

Jared let’s out a breather.

“Why so tensed?” I asked.

“N-nothing.” He lied.

“Do I smell bad?” I smelled myself.

“Just a tad but I just figured you were wearing too much perfume.” Jared shrugged.

I raised an eyebrow. “When do I ever wear perfume?”

“Oh… right.” He giggles a bit.

“It’s no biggie. He was with some friends I know and nothing happened. I was with Brock.”

Jared rolled his eyes. Jared was kind of jealous of Brock.

“Aw, don’t give me that look,” I grinned as I tried to ruffle his head but he moved his head away and I laughed, “you’re still number one on my list.”

“I just don’t think he’s a good influence.” Jared mumbled.

“All right, dad, I’ll stay away from the bad boy.” I joked and Jared shook his head.

“Why are you joking about it? I’m serious.”

“Jared, you should know better than anyone I don’t like to be bossed around and especially told what to do.”

Jared looked at me worried.

“I’m just looking out for you like I always have.”

“I know.” I said.

We arrived at La Push and we passed Paul’s house again. I had never gone so close to his home so many times before. Not in the seventeen years I’ve lived here. Jared parked his car outside his house and I got out. I could still see Paul’s house.

“He’s not home.”

I looked at Jared like I was just caught getting a cookie before dinner. So I did what I always did when I was in denial. I scoffed and laughed.

Jared smiled knowingly and we walked inside of his house. It was difficult for me to get used to whatever I was feeling for Paul. It was an attraction I felt. A pull towards him but it wasn’t normal it was… different. I knew it was passion and desire to taste his lips again. Whatever it was it was getting bigger and it scared me if it took me over and I wouldn’t be able to control myself.

Jared and I went to the kitchen and started to make dinner. His mom was off at work. I made myself some eggs with ham and I poured ketchup all over the eggs.

“You’re so gross.” Jared said.

“Your face is gross.” I shot back.

“How can you eat eggs with ketchup?”

“How can you have that face?” I pointed my fork at his face.

He rolled his eyes. “Is that only comeback you have?”

I narrowed my eyes. “Maybe.”

“Gosh, you are so weird.”

“And you’ve known all along so you’re weird too because you’re with me.” I looked over to the fridge and I saw something on the side of it.

I stood up and walked over and saw that it was the drawing I had made to Jared before Paul had destroyed my crayons. It was of me and him holding hands at a meadow and the sun was deformed because it was red and the rays were squiggly lines.

“You still have it?” I asked.

“Are you kidding? Of course, it’s like the beginning of our ultimate friendship.” Jared stood up and walked over to me.

“It’s the last drawing I did before Paul destroyed my crayons.”

“But I gave you mine.” He said.

“It wasn’t the same and it wasn’t so much about the crayons but that he… just didn’t care about my feelings. He has never cared about feelings.”

“He does now.” Jared mumbled.

“What?”

“I said… uh… he will once you make him fall for you.” Jared smiled nervously but I didn’t notice it.

“Right. He’ll be wrapped around my finger and then I’ll break his heart.”

“Whoa… uh… what if you fall for him?” Jared questioned.

Once again in my denial state I scoffed and laughed. “As if. I hate him so much. It makes me sick to think I might kiss him again.” I lied. I was just itching to kiss him again.

I saw the glint in Jared’s eyes and his smirk.

“You need to be careful.”

“If I would ever feel anything towards Paul it would only be physically.”

“So you’ve looked at his body.”

“He walks around shirtless. It’s kind of hard not to. With his… abs and glistening chest after a run.” I rambled and when I noticed what I had done I snapped out of it. “Not that I’ve looked too long.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Remember to check out the website:

Release

Image

Image

Thank you for the comments. Please continue to do so :] More comments. Faster updates.