Status: Finished

Animal Attraction

Miley Cyrus Style

“Want to know something I just connected?” Jared told me as we watched TV.

“What?”

“Tomorrow is your first day at work.”

I didn’t get what he was getting at until it hit me. “Damn, I won’t be able to meet with Paul until later!”

“Unless… I call him over.” Jared said and wiggled his eyebrows.

I gasped and looked down at myself. “As if! I’m not dressed.”

“You won’t need to be.” Jared muttered under his breath.

“What?” I asked. “This speaking under your breath is getting annoying, Jar.”

Jared’s face flushed. “I’m just saying… if you can seduce him you can do it in anything. You’re Erin fucking Stone.”

He gave me a boost of confidence. I smiled to myself. “You’re right… I just need to wear a little less clothes.”

“Uh… I guess.” Jared said. “So, should I call him over?”

“Yes.” I said as I stood up. “I’ll be in the bathroom getting ready.” I jumped off the couch and headed to the bathroom.

I checked myself in the mirror. How was I going to make a Hello Kitty tank top sexy? I bit my lower lip and thought about it. I looked at my jeans. It was the jeans not the shirt. I saw the scissors on the counter.

“My best jeans.” I muttered as I took them off and took the scissors in my hands and hesitantly measured how short I wanted it. After I made up my mind I squealed a little as I made the first cut. “My best jeans.” I growled this time. “Better work or Jar is going to owe a pair of new jeans.”

I did the same to the other one. I pulled my brand new Daisy Duke-style shorts on. I ripped off any strings hanging out. I checked the mirror. I lowered the shirt so it would slightly show my bra. Suddenly I remembered the Miley Cyrus video for Party in the USA. I kind of had her style.

“Better work.” I chanted like my own mantra. I couldn’t believe I was nervous. I, Erin Stone, was nervous of seeing Paul. Never thought in my life I would ever be nervous of Paul. I had always stood up to him and told him things that would make a grown man cry his eyes out.

I looked at my hair. I ran my fingers through it and made it look manageable. I heard the loud talking outside. My heart accelerated and I cursed myself for it. I looked myself in the mirror.

“You don’t feel anything for Paul Parker.” I whispered to myself. “It is strictly business. It is only to prove Jared that you can get anyone… including good looking, great kissing jerks like Paul. Yeah.” I said more confidently.

I walked out of the bathroom and walked down the short hall and I saw Paul and Jared on the couch. They stopped talking and looked at me.

“Paul,” I said in a very nice tone, “what are you doing here?”

I saw Jared’s face and he was surprised what I did to my jeans. I saw Paul’s eyes wonder all around my body and my smile grew because I knew when someone was attracted to me and Paul was attracted to me… for about twenty seconds then his expression went blank. That was not how it used to work.

“Jared is also my friend.” Paul said in his usual attitude.

“Well, I’m gonna make us some food.” Jared said and left the room.

I walked over and took Jared’s spot.

“So, how have you been?” I asked as I twirled some hair in my finger.

“All right.” He answered shortly.

“That’s cool. Excited for your senior year?” I asked.

“Super.” He answered shortly again and his eyes on the TV.

I pulled my legs up to my chest to make sure he looked at them and I did see him glance at them but only glanced. I scooted closer.

“Do you have anything planned for the summer?” I asked.

He looked away from the TV. “What are you doing, Erin?”

I smiled innocently. “I’m having a conversation?”

“No, you’re throwing yourself at me.” He said.

Let it go, Erin. I told myself.

“I am not.” I said but I had a hard time keeping my voice even.

“Short shorts? You have NEVER worn that. You think it’s an excuse for men to drool over girls.”

He knew that because once he had a girl with short shorts and I shouted it to the girl.

“And you are doing the whole Miley Cyrus look with your bra visible.” Paul set me straight.

Damn… we thought the same thing about Miley Cyrus.

“If I was flirting with you we would be kissing by now. I was trying to be civilized and maybe it’s a bit hot and that’s why I’m wearing short shorts and maybe I didn’t know my bra was showing!” I said as I fixed my shirt and out my legs down.

“You think we would be kissing if you flirted with me? You think I would fall for it?” He scoffed.

His rejection was hit my ego with very heavy blows. I was trying not to let his words get to me.

“I think we should be civilized. After all you’re an adult now and in a year so will I.” I said casually.

“We’ve hated each other for years how can things change?” It sounded like he was saying that more to himself than to me.

“True, but I did kiss you and you tried to get back at me but I didn’t fell for it.” I said and laughed a bit at the end.

Paul stared at me as though he desperately wanted to tell me something.

“Right, because you’re so smart.” He smirked he started to lean forward. “Because that kiss you gave me meant nothing to you.” His face was so close I could feel the heat of his skin.

I leaned back and used my hands for support but Paul didn’t stop coming forward.

“What’s the matter? Scared of a little spark?” Paul smirked.

“I can kiss you without feeling a thing.” I said. I was so stupid and he knew how to push my buttons. He knew if he challenged me in some way I wouldn’t back down to prove him wrong about anything he said.

If he told me I couldn’t reach the moon I would built a rocket just to prove his ass wrong.

His dark brown eyes were boring into me.

I took the nape of his neck and pulled down his lips to mine. It was like an atomic bomb went off instead of sparks or fireworks. It felt so right. My lips were meant for his and his for me. He kissed me back with such ferocity that it turned me on and it was rare when guys ever did that but Paul brought out an animal inside of me.

All I wanted was more of him. It didn’t help that he was shirtless and I could feel his hot skin on mine and it was like my blanket. It contradicted my cold skin. I felt his hand go down my sides and all the way down to my leg were he draped it over his hip and then caressed the skin exposed. His hand moved again and it was going to my stomach and it went under the shirt. His hand was so wonderful. It did wonders with a single touch.

I never wanted it to stop. When I heard my own moan it was like a wake up call. I used my hands to push him away by his shoulders.

At the same time Jared walked in with a tray of popcorn and three sodas. His eyes widen as he saw the scene before him. I scrambled away from Paul and Paul went back to his original position with a grin on his face. I crossed my arms.

“Oooooookay.” Jared said awkwardly.

He sat down between the space Paul and I.

“Let’s forget about that.” Jared said.

“Hmm.” Paul and I agreed.

Jared switched the TV to the FX and Home Alone 2 was on. We all watched in silence.

You liked it. You liked kissing Paul. An annoying voice sang inside of my head. My bad side went over and killed it very painfully.

Eventually I fell asleep. I remembered I leaned my head on Jared’s shoulder towards the end of the movie and then it all went dark and silent. Here are the details I later found out.

Apparently Paul carried me upstairs. He didn’t like the fact that I had slept on Jared’s shoulder instead of his. Paul dropped me on the bed gently and he watched me sleep for a few seconds. He kissed my forehead and left the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Erin's short shorts

Thanks so much for the support guys and keep the comments coming :)