Status: Finished

Animal Attraction

I've Never

Remember how I said it started out with a kiss? Well, it goes back a bit farther than that… oh… twelve years back! Paul has made sure I feel like I’ve never belonged to La Push. I already had lighter skin because of my damn father and Paul had to exploit that. I think he was jealous I would share my crayons with Jared instead of him. The first thing he did to start this hate between us was break all of my crayons and lie that he didn’t do it. My mother worked very hard so I could get that new set of crayons for me.

They had special value and Paul just broke them easily. Just thinking about it makes me so angry right now! But I have to calm down if I want to tell my tragic story. Yes, tragic because right now if feels like a tragic story. Anyways, Paul was jealous of Jared and has had it out for me ever since I told the teachers Paul would hit me even though he never laid a single finger on me. I had to get back at him and I’m a very good actress. I just thought of dead puppies and the waterfall would begin.

But now let’s go forward ten years. I was fifteen and there was something going on weird at La Push. Paul, Jared and Sam were getting all buff. It was kind of weird because… they were hot. But then Sam got with Emily. But Sam was going out with Leah at the time and when he suddenly was with Emily everyone talked about it for days since nothing else happened in this town.

I made sure to stay away from them, except for Jared. He would still talk to me, but I had to track him down because he wouldn’t talk to me and when I cornered him he wouldn’t look me in the eye and when he finally did he looked relieved. He told me it was difficult to talk about it but one day maybe he would tell me. A week later he told me about the legends being true and how he could turn into a large wolf. Then it got weirder when he started going out with Kim. I didn’t hate her… she was just shy and conservative. Jared fell head over heels for her and he told me was called imprinting which basically means love at first sight. From then on I had to be the third wheeler. When he wasn’t with ‘the pack’ he was with Kim and I. So Kim and I became sort of friends.

The way he would look at her, you’d think he found the fucking holy grail. So lunch sucked and being the third wheeler sucked.

Two years later they are still together and stronger than ever.

I thought the imprint crap was… well crap but being together for two years was kind of a record… for Jared since he used to date around a lot. But this is how my story started.

Let’s see how the dare began.

It was the last day of sophomore year, I was seventeen (finally!) and everyone wanted to celebrate. There was the annual end of school bonfire. I wasn’t invited… but I crashed it. Since Jared is my best friend and Kim as well it didn’t take a genius to figure it out. All I had to do is keep a low profile but that’s not my style.

After school I went straight home. My mom was already at her second job and she wouldn’t be back home until midnight or even later. I went through my clothes and found my beach clothes. A pair of tight short shorts and a sports bra because almost everyone cliff dived as a part of the ritual for the end of school and beginning of summer. I put a sweater over the sports bra and a denim skirt over the short shorts.

I slipped on my sandals. I took my bag that had my cell phone, sun block and tick tacks. You never know when a cute guy might come. Some guys from Forks sometimes would come and they were so cute. But not all of them of course.

There were two honks outside and I could see by my window that it was Jared in his beat up Honda. I smiled and raced out of my house and got in the back seat which was already occupied by Embry and Quil. I didn’t really know them but Jared had become besties with them because of the werewolf shit.

I raised a lazy hand to them to acknowledge their existence.

“Anyone bringing booze?” I asked.

Jared rolled his eyes at me. “Do not get wasted, Erin.”

“Why not? Summer’s here and I’m a Junior, only two more years so I can get out of here.” I said.

If you get out,” Embry said, “everyone knows your grades aren’t the best.”

“I wouldn’t be talking.” I shot back. “You haven’t exactly been to class in the past year and a half.” I smirked and Embry stayed quiet.

“Are you really desperate to get out?” Kim asked me.

“Haven’t you noticed you two are the only people I talk to here? What’s keeping me here? Absolutely nothing.” I scoffed.

“Maybe if you weren’t so bitchy.” Quil mumbled and I wasn’t supposed to hear it.

“You’re one to talk. You spend your entire day with a freaking three year old.” I said and that seemed to push a button because he glared at me. Quil was known for being cool and taking jokes but he didn’t liked my comment. I could care less.

“Why are you friends with her, Jared?” Embry shouted.

“Because I’m actually an exciting person.” I smiled.

“You’re a loner.” Quil shot back. “Nobody likes you because you walk around like you’re better than everyone else.”

I couldn’t let him know how much his words hurt me. I could never show anyone how much they’ve hurt me. But Jared read right through me.

“Shut the fuck up, Quil.” Jared said looking over his rearview mirror.

There was a long silence in the car.

“We’re here!” Kim said a little too excited.

“Thank god.” Jared muttered.

I was out of the car before he even stopped the car. I went straight to the booze. I got a beer and started downing that shit. I should’ve eaten something. I found a couple of kids from Forks and started flirting with a couple of guys. They told me they couldn’t believe I lived in La Push. That I was too pretty to be here. Of course they were only saying that to get me laid but that was never going to happen.

I might flirt… a lot, but my virginity was not something to be messed around with.

People started cliff diving and I was taking my time until the waves got bigger because that was when it was actually more fun. Then I heard squeals from a couple of girls and I knew they were here. I looked over and saw as Sam, Paul, Jacob and Seth made their way over here. Sam went to Emily and Seth went to his new girlfriend. Jacob wasn’t interested in any girl, which at a time I thought he was gay… but he proved me wrong when I found about Bella. Anyways, I groaned as I saw Paul.

He had no shirt on just shorts. I couldn’t deny he was hot. His body was but I saw past the body. I saw the jerk who broke my crayons. I glared at his direction and just when he was going to look towards me I looked away and flirted with Forks guy whose name I still can’t remember.

“What do you do for fun?” The guy asked me.

I licked my lips slowly and twirled my hair in a single finger. The dumber they think I am the easier it is get them to make their move. “I like to… watch movies.”

“Do you read?” He asked as he inched closer to me.

I shook my head. “Boring.” I said in a sing song voice and giggled.

“You’re my type of girl.” He said leaned in and we kissed.

He wasn’t half bad. He could stop using so much saliva though. I moved on his lap and his hands went to my ass. His hand disappeared under my skirt and that’s when I stopped him.

“Hey, we’re just having fun.” I said.

“Come on, Erin, I want you.” He said with lust in his eyes.

“No. Now if you want to continue making out we can do that but I’m not having sex with you.” I said with stern eyes.

He sighed. “You’re a tease.”

I smirked. “I know that.”

“You’re worth it.” He said pulling me down for another kiss.

But then a warm arm tugged me away from the guy and off of his lap. I looked up and saw Paul.

“This is a party not a fucking orgy.” Paul said. “Have respect for others.” He said more to me but I was glaring at the forest.

“What’s it to ya, man?” The guy said standing up but realized Paul was a lot taller and buffer.

The guy cowered down. What a pussy. I rolled my eyes.

“Get the fuck out.” Paul said firmly.

I tapped my foot as the guy left. I took my arm back, at least I tried. He had a firm. He turned me so I could be in front of him. I stared at his chest.

“If you’re not going to respect yourself then at least respect the people around you.” Paul spat.

“Hey, man, leave her alone.” Jared said.

“She needs to learn how bad she’s making us look by being so easy. Everyone is going to think girls from La Push are as easy as she is.” Paul said.

I looked up to meet his eyes. I narrowed them and glared. He glared right back at me. With all the strength I had I pushed him away and since he was caught off guard he stumbled backwards.

“Fuck you, Paul!” I said walking over to the cliff.

I zipped down the sweater and took it off. I took of the skirt too. I looked at Paul with a death glare that would surely have him six feet under. The waves her high.

“Don’t.” Paul said dangerously.

I stopped glaring and smirked evilly.

I flicked him off with both hands as I walked backwards and when I felt my foot at the edge I did a backward flip and went into the air and put my hands to my sides as I dived into the water feet first. The cold water gave a rush that pumped my blood. People from the edge of the cliff clapped and cheered. I swam to the shore where other people were sitting down after they had jumped.

They gave me high fives.

I got back to the party and when I looked around Paul was talking to a girl from school in his year. I looked away and went to get my sweater. I put it back on. Jared pats my back.

“That was awesome.” Jared said.

“I am the best cliff diver.” I said proudly and it was true. I could do all kinds of tricks thanks to gymnastics. I took them as a kid.

“That you are.” Jared said.

Kim, who was next to her, looked in awe. “How are you able to do that? I can’t even get to the edge.”

I shrugged. “Years of experience. It’s like a drug, once you do it you just can’t stop.”

The hours passed and more and more people were getting drunk. Jared, Kim, Quil, Embry and his girlfriend and I made a group around a fire. Someone had brought a bottle of Patron Tequila and now we were playing ‘I’ve never..’ Since the boys were wolves they could stand more alcohol.

After my third straight tequila shot I was feeling weird, I had about six beers before the tequila and I knew I was going to have a major and killer hangover tomorrow.

“All right, all right… my turn.” Quil said. He muses for a while. “I’ve never… kiss two people at once.”

I sighed deeply and took the tequila shot along with Embry’s girlfriend, Rose. Embry looked at Rose with a jealous look.

“What?” She said. “Erin drank too.” She pointed at me.

“Yeah, but it’s… me.” I scoffed.

“Whatever, it was one time.” Rose said.

“Erin’s turn.” Kim said she was a little tipsy but she only had one shot. She doesn’t get out much.

I thought about it. “I’ve never… been in love.”

Everyone took a shot. Everyone looked at me in a different way.

“You’ve been with a lot of guys, and you’ve never loved a single one?” Quil asked.

I shook my head.

“Let’s switch games. Truth or dare!” I declared. This was my downfall. I should’ve continued with the drinking game.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! Thanks so much for the support guys. Here's the second one. The next one is good. Keep the comments coming :] Oh and no, Paul hasn't imprinted yet. Mine is a little different than the rest