Status: Finished

Animal Attraction

Not Like In The Books

“Get. Back. Inside!” Paul growled and with each word he said he took step closer to me. Since I wasn’t too far from the door, my back made contact with the door easily.

“No, Jared is hurt and I need to make sure he’s okay,” I said and he was about to take a final step to block me I maneuvered my way out and started to run down the road towards Jared’s place. I heard Paul’s heavy steps behind me and I yelped when he gripped my arm and turned me around to face him.

“Do you have any idea how dangerous it is?!” He growled and his eyes told me he was holding back so much anger.

I tried to get away from him, but I might as well be trying to move a truck.

“Let go, you jerk-face!” I yelled.

“No, you’re going back home where you are safe,” he said and started to drag me.

I took a chance and hit him in the stomach, but it did nothing so I went lower and kicked him in his area and he gasped and let’s go of me. He held on to his package as he gasped for air. I started running again. The road where I was running was one of those where there wasn’t a house for at least another half mile. I turned back to see if Paul was still down. I panicked when I saw that he wasn’t there.

I bumped into something. It was so hard I fell back on my ass. I cursed as I looked up and saw… someone who was not Paul. She was at least 5’8 and she was very beautiful, you know the kind that it’s usually in magazines because they looks just so darn perfect? She had jet black hair that matched her eyes. She had very pale skin that reminded me of… Edward Cullen. Only one thought went through my head as I realized she was a vampire ‘Shit, shit, shit and shit’.

I scrambled backwards, fear evident in my eyes. The woman crouched like a leopard ready to pounce and its dinner and laughed. It was all game to her. I got up and tried to run the other way, but she was right in front of me.

“Boo!” She said and I yelped and she laughed.

There was a deep and menacing growl from my right side which happened to be the woods. I turned and saw a pair of eyes. I recognized the wolf as Paul because of his gray hair. I yelped in surprise when the woman wrapped her arms around me and had my back against her chest. She removed my hair from my neck and exposed it.

“Another move, mutt, and you got yourself a vampire girlfriend,” the woman said and I felt her teeth on my neck.

I squealed in fear. You would too, if it happened to you! I felt the hot tears run down my cheeks. I should’ve listened to Paul. I thought I was going to die. Paul growled louder, then another growl was heard and two more wolves appeared on either side of Paul. One was black and huge and the other was a russet color and bigger than the black one. I had no idea who they were, but I was sure it wasn’t Jared because he was injured.

The vampire walked backwards and used me as a shield. She was afraid. Three against one was not to her advantage. She pushed me to the floor and I fell hard on the ground, but I was free. She zoomed away and the black one and Paul raced after her. The russet one went behind the woods into the shadows. I waited for someone to come out. Jacob Black walked out wearing only his shorts. He helped me up. He checked my neck.

“Are you okay?” He asked.

I nodded.

“You don’t feel any pain?” Jacob asked and he took my face into his hands and made me look at him straight in the eyes. “You’re not burning up or anything?”

I smacked his hands away and stepped away from him.

“What kind of questions are those?” I asked.

“If she bit you enough to pass the venom… then you would’ve started the transformation,” Jacob said.

“Transformation to what?” I asked, but he didn’t need to tell me because his eyes said it all. I gasped in horror. “Seriously? I would’ve been turned?!”

“She didn’t bite you enough to pass venom, you just have a bit of teeth marks,” Jacob said.

“What happened?” Embry came to us breathless. I noticed a pink lashes down his left shoulder. It looked like someone scratched him. I wondered if that’s what Paul left him.

“Erin, here, Jacob gestured to me, “went out when there was a rouge vampire and she almost got bit,” Jacob said as he crossed his arms across his chest. He looked very… alpha.

“I was going to see Jared,” I growled not appreciating the tone he used when he said my name.

“Jared’s fine… he will be fine, he just needs rest,” Embry said. “Where’s Paul and Sam?”

“Sam was the big black one?” I asked, but Jacob didn’t answer my question, instead he answered Embry’s.

“Yeah, they chase after the leech, I have to take Erin back--”

“I’m going to see Jared!” I shouted at them and continued to walk towards Jared’s place.

“Nah-uh, Paul is going to have my head if I don’t take you,” Jacob said. “The man is imprinted, I’m not taking the chance of pissing him off. He was a hot head before and now that he has you to look after it seems everything sets him off.”

It was weird to hear that Paul cared for me so deeply. It was just unnatural for me. “Look, I’m safe with you, right?” I asked Jacob.

Jacob nodded.

“Then, as long as I’m with you I’ll be safe. Take me to see Jared, Jacob, he’s my best friend and I need to see that he’s okay,” I pleaded with my eyes. “Jacob, please.”

“Whoa, did she just say ‘please’?” Embry said in a joking manner.

“Shut up, you moron,” I shouted at Embry.

“Not so nice anymore,” Embry mumbled.

Jacob sighed. “Fine, stay close,” he said and took my arm.

I winced and Jacob let go of me.

“She must’ve bruised me,” I said.

Jacob placed his hand behind my back and looked around like he had x-ray vision or something. With Jacob next to me, the cold night wasn’t as cold. I hoped Paul was all right. I really didn’t want him to get hurt because of me. There was a howl and my heart pounded. Someone was wounded. I just knew it in my heart.

“Paul,” I said and took a sprint towards where Paul had chase off the vampire.

“Erin!” Jacob took my arm.

“Let me go!” I yelled and for the second time I hit a boy in the balls and continued running. I ran fast until I felt my lungs burning and screaming at me to stop, but I didn’t. I ran with all I had in me. I couldn’t stop the images of a bloody Paul. It hurt to think he was hurt. I stopped when I had no idea where I was going. I was breathing fast and I could feel my sweat on my face.

I heard groaning. It was human groaning. I turned around and saw a tanned body on the floor. Paul was injured. I stopped when I saw the same vampire woman only a few feet away from him. She was going to take off his head. She was crouched and with her hands on his head.

“STOP!” I yelled with no idea how I was going to stop her.

She actually stopped and looked at me.

“Don’t, please… don’t hurt him,” I said as I thought of something to hit her with, but I was sure wouldn’t kill her.

She hissed at me. “Why?”

“Because… you’re hungry and you need blood…” I finally got an idea I squat down and picked up anything sharp I could find. For some reason I found a shard of glass. It wasn’t pointy, but it would do what I wanted it to do, distract the vampire. Her eyes went to my hand immediately and I saw the hunger in her eyes.

I brought up my free hand and dug the shard glass into my wrist. Before I could breathe she was in front of me, salivating me.

“Foolish humans and their self-sacrifice,” she said before she brought her mouth to my wrist. She moaned as she began to suck my blood. I always thought it would be different to have a vampire suck my blood, I didn’t think it would be so disgusting. I heard the slurping and her moans weren’t helping the situation. I didn’t feel any teeth. She only tighten the hold on my wrist and more blood would come out.

“Don’t…I’ll kill you…” I heard Paul’s weak voice. I heard as he tried to move, but all I could hear were his groans of pain.

I felt my body get weak and I was going to hit the ground, but her arms went around me and held me up. She pulled out and did an ‘ah’ sound, as if she just drank a very cool soda on a hot summer day. She licked my blood off of her lips.

“Exquisite blood, dear,” she said. “I almost regret killing you. You’re just so good.”

Her words brought panic inside of me and I wanted to move, but I was weak from the loss of blood. She was about to attack my neck when I felt a pair of arms go around my waist and pulled me away and at the same time a wolf attacked the vampire and bit her neck until it came off.

“Don’t look,” Jacob’s voice said and shielded me with his chest. All I heard was the breaking of bones and the snapping of it. I jumped every time I heard it. “Shush, it’s all right.”

Jacob picked me up bridal style and started to run away from the fight. It felt like I was in a car and the window was open. My hair flew everywhere. I had no idea where he was going. It continued for about five minutes before he stopped. I heard his chest move up and down in deep breaths.

“Where are we?” I asked.

“We need to know if there’s any venom in you,” Jacob said.

“You didn’t answer my question,” I said weakly. Then a bright light came into my sight. I heard voices all around me, but it was all blurry. I was going to pass out.

“Erin! Stay with me,” An angelic voice said it was male, that much I could tell. “Stay with me, Erin.”

“I want… to sleep,” I said as I threw my head back and I felt a cushion behind my head. I wasn’t in Jacob’s arms anymore.

“How much blood did she lose?” the same angelic voice said.

“I don’t know, by the time I got there she was already weak in the arms of the lee--vampire,” Jacob said.

“I need to suck on her blood and make sure no venom is there,” the angelic voice said.

“Is there another way?” Jacob asked.

“I’m afraid not, Jacob,” the angelic voice said.

I gasped when I felt a mouth on my wrist and I pulled away afraid he would suck me dry.

“It’s all right… I’m going to help you,” he said in a soothing manner.

Something told me to trust him. I stopped fighting and felt as he began to suck my blood, but it wasn’t for too long.

“There’s no venom, all the vampire did was suck on her wrist venom never entered her body,” he said.

“Thanks Carlisle,” Jacob said.

“Carlisle?” I asked as I opened my eyes. Indeed it was Dr. Carlisle Cullen. The adopted father of the Cullens’. “Paul?” I asked worried about Paul. He was injured too.

“I’m going back to check on him. You’re in good hands, Erin,” Jacob said. “Right? Jasper is all right?”

“Jasper has gone out to feed with Emmett and they should be back in two days, so she’s all right,” Carlisle said.

“I’ll be back, Erin,” Jacob said.

I heard Jacob leave.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Did you see that coming? It’s a nice twist, sort of. Thanks for the comment :D