Status: Finished

Animal Attraction

Giving In

I groaned as I woke up. I didn’t know how much time had passed, but all I knew was that it was still dark outside so it wasn’t the morning yet. I inhaled deeply and the scent was wonderful and unfamiliar. The memories flushed back and I sat straight up and I got dizzy.

“Shit, shit, shit,” I said as I held my head.

“Not so fast,” I heard the angelic voice from before who belonged to Carlisle Cullen. He came into view from the door across the room.

I looked around and saw that I was in a bedroom. I was in a bed that was very soft, irrelevant, but I just thought I’d let you know. I used the headboard to lean back. I looked around the room and saw that there was tons of book and in a corner and there was a bookshelf of CD’s, cassettes and those really old ones that looked like freebies. I couldn’t tell whether it was a boy’s or a woman’s because there was no posters of anything on the walls. My eyes landed on Dr. Cullen.

He had a kind smile on his face as he walked towards me and stopped at the edge of the bed.

“How are you feeling?” He asked.

“Okay, I guess,” I said.

I lifted my right hand and saw that my wrist was bandaged. I checked my neck and felt one too on my neck, but it wasn’t around my neck, just where the vampire woman had left little teeth marks.

“What time is it?” I asked.

“It’ll be dawn in three hours, so it’s three in the morning,” Carlisle said.

“Shit, my mom’s going to have my head,” I cursed and banged my head against the board lightly.

“Don’t worry, I called your mother--”

“You called my mom?!” I screeched. “Are you nuts? Do you want me dead?! Because she will finish what the vampire didn’t.”

Carlisle laughed. I didn’t find amusing. I was serious.

“I explained to her you were coming to visit us because Alice really wanted to show you her new car,” Carlisle said.

“You lied to her, basically,” I said.

Carlisle nodded.

“Who’s Alice?” I asked.

“Knock, knock,” someone giggled from the door and a short haired girl walked in. She wore a dress and she was pale as Carlisle and the same eyes as Carlisle. “I’m Alice Cullen.”

“Oh, so apparently, we’re besties, even though my mom knows I don’t associate with… never mind… she knows I come to Forks a lot. I think she’ll be happy to know it’s not the bad kids I hang out with,” I said as I tried to move, but winced. “Bitch hurt me too much.”

“It seems she really liked your blood because she took a lot,” Carlisle said.

“Yeah, I’d guess I’ll curse my mom for making my blood so tasty,” I muttered.

Alice giggled. “She’s funny and what you did was so brave of you.”

“What did I do?” I asked unsure if the knew or how they knew.

“You saved your boyfriend’s life,” Alice said.

“Uh, not my boyfriend, okay? He’s… and I’m… it’s complicated,” I said.

She shook her head. “It’s going to happen because it’s not up to you or him to decide. It’s like fate has it decided.”

“Well, fate can take that and shove up its ass,” I said.

“Why would you risk dying if you didn’t care for him?” Alice asked.

“Because…” I had no answer to that. “I… stay out of it.”

Alice giggled for the third time and I found it very annoying.

“Whose room is it?” I asked.

“Oh, it’s my brother’s, Edward,” Alice said.

“He needs to make it… manly, I couldn’t tell if it was a girl’s or a boy’s,” I said.

“I’ll take that into consideration,” Edward said as he walked in his room.

“I thought vampires didn’t sleep why would… oh,” I laughed. “Bella Swan, I forgot about her.”

“It’s not like that,” Edward said.

“Oh, yes it is,” I said and chuckled. “Ah… it’s funny… in a way.”

“How does she know so much?” Alice asked.

“One of the mu--shape shifters, Jared, told her,” Edward said.

“You’re the mind reader, correct?” I asked and Edward nodded. “What am I thinking right now?”

‘Come break me down, break me down, break me down… what if I wanted break? What if I?’ I thought.

“The Kill by Thirty Seconds to Mars,” Edward said.

“Hmm, I would find it very annoying very fast,” I said.

“Paul’s here,” Edward said and turned to the door.

The door swung open wide.

“Paul! Calm down, she’s fine!” I heard Jacob yell.

Paul stood at the door frame shirtless. There was the pink marks on his skin. He wasn’t mad. There was pure concern in his face when he saw me. He walked over to me, ignoring the Cullen’s. He walked over to the left side of the bed.

“Hi,” I said.

Paul crawled on the bed until our lips met. It wasn’t frenzy or passionate, well it was, but the different kind of passionate. The kind you see you in sappy movies and go ‘ah’. My heart swelled with relief and security. Even if the Cullen’s weren’t going to hurt me, I felt a lot better in Paul’s arms. It had to be the imprinting talking because the me that I knew would never think that.

We pulled from the cute kiss slowly.

“You’re such an idiot,” Paul said as he shook his head.

“This idiot saved your sorry little ass,” I growled.

He pulled all the way back to look at me in disbelief.

“I had it handled!” He defended himself.

I laughed. “Oh, please, the leech had her hands on your head and ready to take it off like a bottle cap!”

“Nice analogy,” Alice said.

“Thanks,” I flashed a smile at her.

“This wouldn’t have happened if you would’ve just stayed home!” Paul bellowed.

“Excuse me for caring about my best friend!” I said sarcastically. “He’s the only friend I have. He’s like my brother and I would do it again!”

“You almost died! You were almost turned!” Paul said.

“I wish she had so you and I could truly be enemies,” I said without thinking. “Shit, never mind, I like to eat. I really, really like to eat, sleep, and be out in the sun.”

Paul’s face said he took my first words into consideration.

“Erin?” I heard a familiar voice. Jared walked in the room. He looked way better than I did. He came to the other side of the bed. “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine, Jar,” I said and watched as Paul walked away.

“Where are you going?” Jared asked. “Your imprint was just about to get turned.”

“Apparently, she would’ve preferred it so we could stay enemies,” Paul spat venomously.

“And apparently this asshole can’t accept the fact that I saved him,” I shot back with the same venom.

“I would’ve rather died than put you in that danger, Erin,” Paul growled. “But you’ll never learn because you never think about anyone than yourself.”

“Fine, next time you’re laying on the ground half dead and a vampire is about to rip your head off, I’ll just stand there because that’s what I do, think about myself!” I shouted as he left the room.

Angry tears formed around my eyes. There was a thick tension in the room.

“Fucking asshole!” I shouted.

“Hey, he’s just… mad at himself,” Jared said.

“I don’t get what you mean,” I said as I wiped away the tears.

“He feels like he failed you,” Edward said. I looked at him puzzled. “His job is to protect you. Instead you protected him and he feels like a failure.”

“That’s… dumb macho crap,” I said.

“It’s how I would feel if it happened to Kim,” Jared said and quickly knocked on wood three times.

I chuckled. I checked Jared and tried not to worry about Paul.

“How are you?” I asked.

“I’m fine… I told you I was going to be, when Seth told me you were coming Paul was listening and he went straight to you,” Jared said.

“Yeah, I know,” I said. “This is a crappy night.”

“Erin… you’re so reckless… this was so much worse than last time,” Jared hugged me. “If I lose you, I’m going a rampage, I swear.”

I laughed and hugged him back. “I almost died because of you.”

“And I’ll make it up for the rest of my life,” he said.

“You bet your pretty little butt,” I said.

“I think it’s best if she rest,” Carlisle spoke up.

Jared and I pulled away from our embrace. The rest of them left too. I got comfortable in the bed. I closed my eyes. I was surprised how easily sleep came to me.

Not that it lasted because a few hours later I woke up screaming and the reason was the nightmare I had. It was basically the vampire woman chasing after me. I had no one to protect me. The forest seemed to never end and her laughter echoed into the woods and I was crying. Point is… it was a shitty dream. I woke up around seven in the morning meaning I only had four hours of sleep. I’ve hard worse times.

I sat up.

I didn’t want to be in the Cullen’s so I asked Jared if he could pick me up. He told he was going to be there in a few in his car. I thanked Carlisle for his hospitality. I met his wife Esme and even Rosalie, but she didn’t come near me because she needed to feed soon. I was waiting in the living room for Jared. Alice talked to me and I pretended to be listening. I wasn’t into what she was. Which was fashion and blah, blah.

I heard the door bell and I ran to the door.

I opened it and I was relieved to see Jared standing there. I hugged him.

“Oof,” he said as he caught me. “Erin, you’re not as light as you used to be,” he joked and we laughed.

“Jerk,” I muttered I turned to the Cullen’s. “Thanks so much for saving my life.”

“Any time,” Carlisle said as he had his arm around Esme. I waved at them and Jared and I got inside of his car. We wouldn’t be at La Push until forty minutes.

“Paul wants to talk to you,” Jared said.

“Can’t I just never deal with him?” I asked hopeful.

Jared shook his head. “You two need to work things out.”

I groaned. “I almost died, please, let me enjoy the rest of my life.”

“I know that you and Paul can be good together, if the both of you just see past your fucking pride!” Jared shouted.

He shouted at me before. I was always the one with the pants in our relationship. I crossed my arms across my chest and pouted.

“I hate you,” I muttered.

“I hate you, too,” he said.

He drove and I was silent. I turned up the music when I knew it was one of my favorite songs. ‘Infected’ by Bad Religion.

“You and me have a disease, you infect me, you infect me. I’m afflicted, your addicted, you and me, you and me!” I sang trying to make the tension go away. “I’m on the edge!” I continued to sing until Jared joined me.

We did guitar noises when the solo came on.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you and me have disease. You infect me you infect me!”

Minutes later we arrived at Jared’s house, which was right next to Paul’s.

“He’s not going to bite,” Jared said and laughed. I whipped my head and glared at him. I punched his arm with my unwounded hand. I got out of the car and crossed Paul’s yard. The door opened before I took a step on his porch. He wore a muscle shirt and a pair of jeans. I tried to ignore the fact that he looked so hot.

“I’m sorry,” Paul said and I raised an eyebrow. “Thank you for saving me. I wish it happened differently, but thank you.”

He was being civil. I could do the same. I walked up to him and he opened his door and let me in. It was the first time I would ever be in his house. It was pretty normal.

“Your mom’s at work?” I asked.

Paul nodded and led me to his living room. He gestured me to sit down and I did. He sniffed.

“Do you mind if… uh… you take off your clothes?” Paul asked and he added something else quickly. “The smell of vampire on you makes me want to punch a wall. I have some sweats and a shirt you can borrow.”

I chuckled and nodded. He led me to his room. He opened the door and we walked in. It was semi-messy. He was like me. He just left things on the floor. I saw the posters of women in bikinis on the beach with the logo of Playboy at the corner of the poster. It didn’t smell like a guy. Not like Brock’s room. Brock’s room smelled like overdue cheese, but Paul smelled like fresh pine. It smelled good. That I was definitely not expecting.

He handed me a pair of sweats and a plain black shirt. I started to undress in front of him and he quickly turned around. I found that very sweet. Other guys wouldn’t have passed up the chance of a girl getting undressed in front of him.

I slipped out of my clothes until I was only in my underwear. I walked up to Paul and I turned him around. His eyes were closed. I chuckled as I tip toed and brought his lips down to mine. I listened to my heart. It told me that Paul was the one. There was no one else. He kissed me back so tenderly that it was making me insane with desire. I walked backwards towards his bed and his steps didn’t falter. He helped me lay on the bed without breaking the kiss.

We broke the kiss for air. His eyes asked me if I was ready. I nodded. He kissed me again with more urgency and I moaned right into the kiss. My heart raced rapidly. One of his hands was lost in my hair and the other lightly caressed my arm up and down.

His finger tips barely touched my skin and I was already in complete fire. I could tell he was holding back. I took control. I flipped us over and made everything more animalistic. I kissed his lips. I couldn’t believe the energy I got. An hour ago I was a bit weak and now I had the strength of a horse. Paul sat up so that I was straddling his lap.

He kissed my neck hungrily and I threw my head back in the pleasure he gave me. I felt him getting hard against my leg. I wanted it inside of me. I wanted all of Paul. I wanted him to be my first and only.

He removed my bra very professionally.

“I want you so bad, Erin,” Paul said.

All I could muster was a moan.

“Pauly! Sweetie! Where are you?!” A female voice called from outside his bedroom door. It wasn’t his mom, that much I knew.