Status: Finished

Animal Attraction

Purple

Paul and I went through the entire store and looked for old music. He was really into the rock bands from the 90’s. I was really into any rock. If there was a drummer, and a dude with a killer voice then I would listen. I tried to listen to some heavy death metal, but I just couldn’t do it. At least I tried, right?

“Okay, I have found our song,” Paul called out from half way across the store. I walked over to him and he handed me the headphones and I listened to something.

I smiled as I heard Muse, but the song was Hysteria. I wondered why he picked that song to be our song. I sang along with Matt, such a beautiful voice. I swayed with the music and watched as Paul’s eyes looked at me like I was some kind of goddess and he was my faithful servant.

“Give me your heart and your soul!” I sang. “Why this song?”

Paul smirked. “I just wanted to see you dance to it.”

I laughed and smacked his chest. “I freaking love Muse, favorite band, hands down.”

“Whoa, not officially, what about Metallica and Iron Maiden?” Paul asked as he took the headphones from my ears and placed them on his. He started to do an air guitar on the solo. I laughed and removed the headphones from his ears.

“They’re immortal, but I like Muse because of their accents,” I grinned. “Accents are sexy.”

“Psh, I turn into a large wolf, can they do that?” Paul scoffed.

I shook my head. I went over to Al who was on the computer.

“Okay, prepared to be amazed, I just found this band called Otep and their lead singer is a chick! And she’s good!” Al turned the monitor so I could look. “This is called Rise, Rebel, Resist.”

“Perfect little spouses In perfect little houses Its family fun time Lets commit a hate crime…” and it was repeated several times.

“Whoa,” I said as I listened to the lyrics. “Dude, you need to get copies of their shit because it is fucking sick!”

“I know right, I’m so getting in contact to get their stuff,” Al said and he looked over to Paul. “So, you and that guy you always used to talk shit about?”

I looked over my shoulder to look at Paul. He had his headphones over his ears and what sounded like Iron Maiden ‘The Trooper’. I turned back to Al. There was a thing going on between Al and I before he got a girlfriend, I never had the courage to tell him because I was afraid he would reject me. It nagged me that I never got the guts to go for it.

“Why are you so surprised?” I asked.

“Maybe because every time you would come here it was because of something he did or said, remember? You came running here with your eyes balling--”

“That was in the past, we’re way past that,” I said and smiled. “I’m… fine.”

“Are you sure?” Al asked. “I mean the things he said about your mom--”

“The past, Al,” I interjected because I didn’t want to remember.

Al sighed dejectedly. “I just don’t want to see you get hurt.”

I grinned. “Thanks. Call me when you get the album of the band.”

He saluted me. “Yes, boss.”

I walked over to Paul and smacked his fine ass. Paul jumped and removed the headphones. I giggled and my eyes shined with mischief.

“You think you’re the only one who can do that?” Paul smirked and before I could stop him he smacked my ass, hard.

“Ow! You ass-face!”

Paul laughed and blew out his hand as if it had been a gun.

We walked out of the music store and continued to walk down the streets of Port Angeles. I was very excited to be with Paul. We joked around and remembered old times of when we used to prank each other. I glued his face to his desk. He was falling asleep and I was sitting next to me and I had crazy glue with me.

I managed to put some on the desk and on cue Paul’s face hit the desk and stayed asleep for about two minutes and then the teacher called on him and he tried to lift his head, but he was stuck! Oh, I laughed so hard.

But then Paul filled my backpack with fish and I had to get a new backpack. Yeah, that prank sucked ass.

We went inside of a diner and we ordered our food. I started to play with the napkins. Paul excused himself from the table and went to the bathroom. A minute after Paul’s departure someone took his spot.

It was a beautiful man. He had pale skin and gorgeous features. He was tall and thin, but he had muscle. I met his eyes. They were a purple color. I blinked in surprise. His eyes were purple that was impossible.

“Can I help you?” I asked.

“Your mutt boyfriend is coming back soon, so I only have a couple of seconds to tell you this,” the man said softly. I almost didn’t understand his words because his voice was so beautiful, but then the words processed in my brain. He called Paul a mutt which meant… vampire. At the realization I backed away, but he took my hand and held me there. He leaned across the table to whisper something to me. “I’m after you, Erin, you little bitch. Your mutt killed my mate and now I’m going to kill you!”

I gasped in horror and in a blink of an eye he was gone. I looked around the diner, but there was no sight of him and everyone else acted like it was normal. Paul walked out of the bathroom and the second he stepped out of the bathroom his eyes darted to me and his nostrils flared in pure anger. His body shook.

I jogged over to him.

“Calm down, there’s a lot of people, Paul, please calm down!” I pleaded as I looked around and people were giving us a weird look. I took Paul’s hand and dragged him through the back to the alley.

Paul doubled over and groaned in pain and I stepped back just in case. Slowly he stopped. Paul looked at me.

“I’m good,” he said in a calm tone I didn’t believe. “Who was it? I know it wasn’t any of the Cullen’s because I already know their scents… this one was different. Was is it all over you?”

“Uh,” I muttered and tried to say something, but I didn’t know what to say. I wasn’t really sure what had happened either. “I don’t know.”

Paul narrowed his eyes at me. “I know you’re lying, Erin. You’re scared, why are you scared?”

“I’m not scared!” My old self came out.

“You’re my imprint and I’ve known you my whole life, I think I would know if you were scared,” Paul pointed out. “What. Happened?”

I let out a shaky breath. “You went to the bathroom and shortly after a man sat in front of me. He was pale, beautiful--”

“That’s really irrelevant,” Paul muttered angrily.

“--and he had purple eyes.”

“Purple?” Paul raised an eyebrow.

“My guess is that he has red eyes but he was wearing blue contacts… making purple,” I said. I was really careful about what I was going to say next. “He was the mate… of the vampire girl that almost killed you.”

Paul’s eyes went huge and he started shaking again because it wasn’t long before he put the pieces of the puzzle together.