Status: Finished

Animal Attraction

Picture Perfect

“Whoa, hold the phone.” I said as we were outside Emily’s door. “Paul is going to be here,” I gasped in realization, “you tricked me!”

“I didn’t know we were going to be finished so soon.” Jared said in his ‘innocent’ tone.

I glared at him. “Liar, liar pants on fire.” I said and turned my back to him but the door opened. Emily stood there with a kind smile. I was already used to the scars on her face so I didn’t flinch or anything.

“Jared, Erin how lovely.” Emily said opening the rest of the door.

Jared walked in but I felt like I was stepping into unknown grounds. Jared pulled on my wrist and jerked me inside of the warm and toasty house. I whined as Jared led me to the living room where a lot of shirtless guys were, minus Leah.

The living room went dead silent as we entered. My eyes went directly to Paul who had his eyes set on the hold Jared had on my wrists. I didn’t know it was jealousy. I just thought he was being annoying.

“Jared, you brought the bitch along.” Embry smirked.

I flicked him off. “Ooh, nice one dork.”

“Says so the one using comebacks from middle school.” Quil scoffed.

I turned my heel to leave and I was at the door when it was closed by an arm. It belonged to Paul. Damn, he was tall and radiated heat just like Jared. I told myself not to say anything that I knew about shape shifting into werewolves.

“We need to talk.”

“I thought I made it clear last night that I don’t give a shit?” I growled as I gripped the door knob and twisted it but it wouldn’t open because of Paul. “I will press chargers for kidnapping.”

Paul sighed and removed his arm. I smirked in his direction.

“You’ll pay for this, Jared.” I yelled.

“Looking forward to it, darling.” Jared called back.

“Backstabbing bastard.” I mumbled as I walked out of the door and I had only taken a few steps when Paul took my wrist and spun me around.

“You need to listen to me.” He said in a tone that said he was controlling his anger.

“No, I don’t.” I scoffed and took back my wrist.

He groaned and rubbed his face and threw his head up to the sky. “Why me?”

“You are a dumb piece of shi--”

His lips stopped me from continuing my sentence. He kissed my roughly like there was a need or desperation in the kiss. He crashed our bodies together until it was a bit difficult to breathe. I was kissing him back. That was a mistake.

A bucket of cold water hit me and I turned my head to the side and Paul pulled away.

“What is your plan?” I yelled in his face. “Get me in bed?”

There was a flash in his eyes that he had considered.

“You’re a fucking jerk, Paul, this is a new low. I liked you better when you talked back to me.”

“Things are--”

“No they are not different. Not for me. You were the one who started this.” I said and turned my heel and continued to walk.

“You were the one who started this.” He yelled.

I stopped in my tracks and turned back slowly.

“I did?” I scoffed. “You broke my fucking crayons.”

“You would only share them with Jared.” He said as his cheeks blushed.

Oh my… freaking God, The Paul was blushing.

“You were jealous.” I smirked and crossed my arms.

“A little.”

“So you took it out on my crayons?!” I threw my hands in the air.

He groaned in frustration as he pulled his hair. “You will never let it go, will you?”

“No, I won’t Paul, because for the past twelve years you have made my life a living hell and two amazing kisses will not change a thing.” I spat and instead of walking I started to run.

I ran fast. I continued to run all the way to my house. It wasn’t that far from Emily’s since La Push was so small that I could literally walk anywhere. I arrived at my house and stopped when I noticed a rental car outside of my house. They were here.

How did they get in? I thought because I remembered locking that door. Might as well get it over with now.

I walked up to my porch in a dramatic slow fashion until a strong arm stopped me. Once again Paul was stopping me.

“Things have really changed and you need to listen to me!” Paul yelled.

He’s such an idiot, but so am I because I responded to his anger like I had always done.

“How? Paul one day you’re glaring at me like you want to kill me and the next--after that stupid dared kiss--you become this… ugh… infatuated guy. If you’re up to something that will make me humiliated to get back for kissing you then I suggest you get that stick from your ass and pull it out!”

Paul was shook. “Why must you be such a hot head?!”

“Look who’s talking?!” I yelled back.

“What’s going on here?” A male voice said.

Paul and I stopped glaring at each other and towards my porch. My ‘dad’ was standing there. I shut down the urge to roll my eyes and say ‘Uh, arguing, what the fuck else?’. I looked over to Paul and panicked. I did not want him to know about this.

Jared is my best friend and that’s why I told him but Paul couldn’t know about it, but of course it was too late now.

“Who are you?” Paul said narrowing his eyes over to Landon Miller my dad, but let’s call him Landon from now on because I don’t think I can honestly call him dad or father.

Landon walked down the porch and he might be 5’11 but Paul was at least 6’5. Paul squared his shoulders.

“I’m her father and you young man should not to a lady like that.” Landon said. This time I shut down the urge to laugh. He cared now. He’s just a little too late. A couple of years too late.

I looked over to see Paul’s reaction and he was already looking at me. His mouth was slightly open and he was speechless.

“Don’t worry, Landon, Paul here was just about to leave.” I narrowed my eyes towards him warning him this was none of his business and he should go away and leave me alone.

“This isn’t over, Erin, and I’m… sorry.”

That completely caught me off guard. My mouth opened a bit to say something but he was already leaving. Did I just dream that? Did Paul just really say he was sorry to me? To me?! Maybe I could listen to him. Ha! No, that’s just part of his plan to hurt me. I thought but that wasn’t it but that’s what I thought.

“Erin.” Landon spoke.

I blinked and looked over to my biological parent. I didn’t smile but didn’t frown either. He did smile though. He had really nice eyes, which I guess is what my mother fell for.

“You’re so beautiful.” He said and hugged me.

My arms stayed by my side. This was ridiculous. I couldn’t do this pretending he was absent for all of my life. I couldn’t just let him in like the door was always opened. That door was shut a long time ago and it was locked and I threw away the key.

He pulled from the hug noticing I wasn’t hugging back.

“Come and meet my wife and kids. They’re roughly your age. How old are you?”

It was like a punch to the stomach. I swallowed the sour taste in my mouth. “Seventeen.”

“Oh, just like my son Sean.”

Was this man even fucking smart? Did he really needed to tell me all of that? I didn’t care that he had other children and a wife and had the fucking perfect life over a whole country and ocean. I liked it better that way.

The door of the house opened again and there stood a very pretty woman. Her clothes were so expensive and so where her jewelry. She looked like she had walked out of some expensive French store. Two people walked out from behind her. One boy, Sean, and another girl who was wearing the same kind of expensive clothes as the mother.

I was standing there wearing old jeans, shirt and a sweater that I’ve owned since I was fifteen. My shoes were muddy and since I had been running my hair was everywhere. I stuck out like a sore thumb. It just made me feel more awkward and uncomfortable.

“You must be Erin, you look much better in person.” The woman said. She had the accent just like Landon did.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“I mean in your pictures you look all right but in person you’re much prettier.” I didn’t know if that was a compliment or not but I just shrugged it off.

“Wait, I never sent any pictures… oh, my mom.” I sighed as I kicked the ground angrily but subtly so they wouldn’t notice.

“Come in, dear, it’s freezing out here.” The woman said.

That got me pissed. It was my own home! I looked over to Landon.

“Your mother left the key to the house under the rug in case you weren’t home to welcome us.”

“Welcome isn’t the word I would say.” I muttered lowly.

“Huh?” He asked.

“Nothing.” I gave him a fake cheesy smile.

He smiled back.

We walked inside of my house and on to the living room where they had been watching TV.

“Your home is very cozy.” The girl complimented. She was about fifteen or fourteen.

“Where are you staying?” I asked as they sat down but I stood up.

“We’re staying at a nice motel in Forks.” The woman said. “Oh, we haven’t introduced ourselves.” She laughed like it was something silly. “I’m Margaret, this is Sean and this is Angie.”

“Is that short for Angela?” I asked.

Margaret shook her head. “Just Angie.”

I raised an eyebrow and shrugged. That was weird. But I guess it wasn’t uncommon.

“I’m Erin, but I’m sure you already know about me.” I flashed the boy and girl a smile, fake, again.
♠ ♠ ♠
The family

Image

Image