Sequel: Saving Sloane Winters
Status: COMPLETE! Check out the sequel 'Saving Sloane Winters'.

Finding Sloane Winters Crazy

F O U R T E E N

Sloane Erin Mallory Winters
Glastonbury College for Girls

Visual Arts College Captain
Edelstein (Burgundy) House Captain

Student No #13783

Finding ways of escaping boring lectures, Sarah collects them.

She’s good at them, whenever she feels her appearance isn’t good, she’ll escape them to the bathroom too. It happens all the time, Kay and Bess aren’t surprised.

But I’m suspicious.

Sarah is walking by my side now, for once, she’s clinging onto her books, looking down at her scruffy school shoes, a strange whimpering sound coming from the back of her throat.
I kick a rock, swinging my arms, shoving my hands into my blazer pockets, shivering, I face her. “Now, tell me, what the hell is wrong with you?”

Brown eyes widening she looks at me, and they dart across the field before they’re back on her shoes again. “Nothing! I’m fine!” She waves her hand, a sign to push the matter away, but her eyes are still across the field.

I narrow my eyes, looking over the field, searching… and there’s Patrick, and… his friends.
His best mate Matt is looking at her from underneath his too long brown hair, sly and dirty grin on his freckled face, and he tilts his head inconspicuously to Patrick’s side, grin, if possible, is bigger than ever, when his eyes meet Sarah’s.

I stare at him for a moment, and my mouth turns up into a sad smile, “Oh.”

Sarah’s hands fumble, her books dropping to the ground, and she huffs, crouching down, her long hair shielding her face, but her hands don’t go towards her books, they go towards her eyes, dabbing salty tears with her cotton sleeve.

I sigh, bending down to help her, book by book. I look at one, eyebrows furrowing, “You don’t even do Advanced History… or German Hearing.” I hold up the two books, brows raised.

Sarah sits on the floor, bringing her knees to her chest, eyes bloodshot from tears. “I’m so sorry Sloane.” She rambles, “I did it again! I made a mistake, and I so regret it now! I’m such a fucking idiot and I… I dunno… I think I even actually liked Patrick! And I just had to go sleep around with his best friend!”

I sit there, legs crossed, listening, “Don’t be sorry.”

She nods, thankful for the kind words, because usually I would say something like, ‘You did it again, didn’t cha?’

My smile pulls into a grin, and I try to be cheery, for Sarah’s sake, “C’mon then, Kay’s gonna flip if I don’t give her my homework sheet before seventh period.”

And then we’re up again, walking across the field, and I look around again, searching.
There it is. A face I shouldn’t be excited to see.

His intense gaze is following my back, lips into a thin line, and he stands up when I look at him.

And as much as I wanted to see him, I mustered all my will power to say no, shaking my head, becauseright now, my friend needed me.

And as irresistible and addicting as Teak Richardson could be,
He could wait.
♠ ♠ ♠
SO LISTEN WE GOT A CALLER ON LINE ONE WHAT'S THE PROBLEM.