Sequel: Saving Sloane Winters
Status: COMPLETE! Check out the sequel 'Saving Sloane Winters'.

Finding Sloane Winters Crazy

S E V E N T E E N

Sloane Erin Mallory Winters
In therapy again
And really needs a hairbrush


"It happened."

Patient and calculating, Doctor Olendzki inclines her head, "What happened, Sloane?"

I breath out, "He-- I, we kissed."

It slaps me in the face then.

I kissed him.
I kissed Teak Richardson.

"He kissed me," I say slowly, more to myself, and my hands rake through my tangled hair, "I'm weak."

"Weak?" Doc's painted eyebrows rise, and she jots this down in the leather bound journal with all her notes.

"The one thing, I forbid myself to do, I do it anyway."

"And what's that?"

"Become weak." The word rolls around in my tongue, it tastes terrible as I'm trying it out, "I don't want to be weak!"

"What makes you weak?"

"Him," I say through gritted teeth, "I said I hated him last time, didn't I? I do, I do hate him. I hate that he can do this to me! He's making me weak!"

"Why does kissing him make you feel weak, Sloane?"

"Because I'm one step away from falling in love." My voice is matter of factly, I'm sure of this. "And if I fall in love, I can't hate him anymore. And that's weak." My hands are shaking, and I sit on them, feeling the plush velvet couch again, "Love is weak. I don't want to be weak."

"Are you happy Sloane?" she asks softly, setting down her journal, and moving to sit beside me, "When you're with him, are you happy?"

"Maybe, well yeah, I guess." I shrug lamely, "It's like he can make me feel... complete, without doing anything, just having him beside me; I feel whole." I laugh at how I sound, "My god, that was cheesy."

"Love is cheesy," Doc smiles, "Love is also happiness too, Sloane."

My own laughing smile drops, and I shake my head, almost frantically, "Not for me, it isn't. It can't be."

"Why can't love be happiness for you? If anything, I think out of all my visitors, you deserve the most happiness, Sloane. Albeit, you're young, but you deserve love too."

I nod, hesitant, "But, he's still dangerous, he's going to break me, remember? I sure of it." I know of it.

"You're young, Sloane. Cherish it while you've got him. And if he's not the one, you have a whole life ahead of you. But right now, I think that you should just be with him. You love him, don't you?"

I shake my head, "No, I don't."

She smiles secretly, "Of course you don't."
♠ ♠ ♠
doom da