Sequel: Saving Sloane Winters
Status: COMPLETE! Check out the sequel 'Saving Sloane Winters'.

Finding Sloane Winters Crazy

T W E N T Y - O N E

Sloane Erin Mallory Winters
Glastonbury College for Girls

Visual Arts College Captain
Edelstein (Burgundy) House Captain

Student No #13783

"Have you got anything on after school?"

I'm startled, my composure dropping to the ground along with my books.

I'm going to pick them up, but he beats me to it, gathering all the scattered loose leaf paper on and handing them over to me. His palm brushes my fingers, and I feel the unwanted tingle rush through my spine.

I hope my hands don't feel clammy, like Bess' always does.

I pull my blazer around myself, muttering a small thank you, and continue walking; he follows me. I refuse to look at him, "What did you ask again? I wasn't listening."

Lie. And he knows it, he's smirking now.

'I asked if you have anything to do after school."

So it's true. He's going to ask me out? No, he's not that cliché. Teak's not a normal boy, and that's why I'm dreading to answer this question.

Racking my brains, I answered hesitantly, "No... my art club meeting was cancelled."

"Are you sure?" he questions, soft as his footsteps on the floors.

"I'm pretty sure." I confirm slowly, dodging student traffic as I try to get to my German class, "Why?"

I haven't received an answer yet, figuring that he was blocked by the many students; I turned my head, to see him right beside me, looking at his leather shoes as we're walking. I repeat the question, thinking he hadn't heard, "Why?"

He looks up, and sighs, "My mum."

"What about your mum?" I say frustrated, he's not giving me the answer straightaway, and despite how awkward I felt, the girly part of me was excited.

"Patience," he laughs shortly, shaking his head. He ducks behind me, to avoid a bunch of year seven boys, and I can feel his chin brushing lightly on my left shoulder, his warm breath fanning on my ear. “My mother,” he says the word quite fondly, “wants to have you over for dinner.”

“You told your mum about me?” I’m secretly flattered at this, but it drops at his answer.

“No, in fact; Riley did,” is his curt answer, “And now Quinn and her want to meet you.”

I ponder this over, not paying attention as I bump into someone. “I am so sorry—“ I begin to say, but I recognize the familiar face, it’s Bess and she looks desperate, “Bess?”

She looks up from her 5’3 height, and a look of relief washes over her pale baby face. “Sloane! Um, is it alright if I could talk to you? I just… I really need to talk.”

‘Er, now’s not really the time…?” I respond, looking behind my shoulder at Teak, who’s straightened his back and is walking half a meter away from me.

He shakes his head again, “No, I’ll be fine.” He flashes a lopsided smile, before turning the other way down another corridor.

“Okay then.” I mumble at his retreating figure, wondering if he was as disappointed as I was.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay, I thought I wasn't going to update this weekend, but then I went 'What the hell? I might as well just do it'.