Sequel: Saving Sloane Winters
Status: COMPLETE! Check out the sequel 'Saving Sloane Winters'.

Finding Sloane Winters Crazy

T W E N T Y - T W O

Eliza Bess Osztreicher
Glastonbury College for Girls

Head of Glastonbury Student Committee
Assistant Librarian
Year Eleven College Vice Captain

Student No #13802

"... and I admit I was a really stupid idiot. Because Sarah's one of my best friends, and I should be there for her, no matter the problem. Because friends are suppose to support each other in their times of need and I wasn't there for Sarah, and I want to be there for the rest of the ride. So I'm sorry."

I'm scared to look at her.

But I do, and she's smiling wryly.

"Bess, Bess, Bess," she rolls her eyes, crossing her arms and leaning against the Science Lab table, "You make this brilliant apology, but you're saying it to the wrong person."
My brows furrow, "But I was being mean to you too and I wasn't--"

"Yes, you were. But I wasn't the one who took it the hardest, Bess." She checks her watch. "So talk to Sarah. But for the record," Sloane looks at me, smiling, "I forgive you too."

She disappeared out the door, going towards her German class.

Kayla Cecilia Mac Robertson
Glastonbury College for Girls

Unofficial Beauty and Fashion Advisor
Student No# 13829

I'm sitting in the front seat of my crappy Holden, Sarah and Bess-- who have just forgiven each other-- were rambling on about adoption agencies and abortion.

We're waiting for Sloane, and there she is.

She skipping towards us, soaked by the rain that's pelting down. School bag slung around her shoulder, the zipper wide open so that her books were nearly falling out. She waves, sticking her tongue out to taste the rain drops.

I watch her amusedly, turning towards the passenger seat going to ask her what the hell was wrong with her.

But then as she's a few feet away-- there's Teak.

He's soaked too, black hair matted down on his pale smirking face, he says something.
I can't hear.

I see her fidget for the slightest of moments, her right leg is bouncing up and down and she replies.

Impatient, I slam my hand down on the car horn, and the Sarah and Bess in the back jump.
But the two people outside don't.

They look towards the car, Sloane opens the passenger door, an apologetic look on her pretty face.

"I'm going somewhere with Teak," she begins to say, and my hands are clutching the steering wheel, "I'll call when I'm on my way home, is that alright?"

In the rearview mirror Bess and Sarah are giggling, "Have fun!" Sarah winks.

"Are you sure?" I begin to say, feigning worry, "I don't think you should go, you're wet."

She rolls her blue green eyes, "Relax Mac R, I still have a spare change from lacrosse practice yesterday."

She had everything going for her, hadn't she?

"Fine."

She notices my grudging acceptance, and flashes a small smile, before closing the car door and hurrying towards his own car.

He has the door open out for her, and closes it once she's hopped in.

And when she's not looking, he looks directly at me, sees my vicious glare and there's the quirk in his lips again.

There's me losing, and him wallowing in his victory.
♠ ♠ ♠
yo whaddup