Sequel: Saving Sloane Winters
Status: COMPLETE! Check out the sequel 'Saving Sloane Winters'.

Finding Sloane Winters Crazy

T W E N T Y - S I X

Kayla Cecilia Mac Robertson
Glastonbury College for Girls

Unofficial Beauty and Fashion Advisor
Student No# 13829

"I am not happy with this at all, just so you know."

Sarah frowned at me, then shrugged, "I know, and nobody said you had to be happy about it anyway, and besides; I think they're great together."

I didn't bother coming up with an argument, or a scoff, because it's typical for Sarah to say that.

Entering the thought train of Sarah Cook: Sloane Winters, Teak Richardson. Sloane Richardson-- oh, that sounds pretty. He is fit! Sloane has some taste! Maybe they'll get married! And have blonde babies who are good at painting and playing the drums and also have tattooes. Maybe they've already done the biggie already, hope they used protection though-- I think they would, Sloane's not stupid enough to get up the duff. God, I'm a plonker-- why the hell am I using English slang? Maybe Bad-arse-Tatt-guy's a virgin? Nah, prob'ly not. Gordon Bennet, is that Mandy Sommers? Shit, her skirt's hiked up to her arse! And is that-- oh fuck, it's Patrick! Oh fuck, can my never ending babbling make my eardrums burst so that my head explodes and I die?!

Maybe not the last part, but honest to God; I'm not lying.

I'm being truthful and honest.

Honest, truthful, honesty, truth. They're all synonyms.

And do you know what the synonym of 'disaster' is?

Teak Richardson and Sloane Winters.

We go out to the park later, Sloane declined, said she had plans, and of course; those plans did involve Teak Richardson.

So it was just Bess, Riley, Kay and I-- but because I felt sorry that Riley was the only guy, I let him bring along some dude from his footy team. Turns out when you bring a guy from your footy team, he brings along a footy too.

So we're kicking it around, Riley is showing Bess how to hand pass the ball, but I think it's just an excuse to touch her.

When it comes to me, I kick it as hard as I could, and don't even notice that it went in the goal posts. Sarah's cheering, and the random guy grinning at me.

But I don't even notice that either.

"This is gay." I say after a while.

Bess rolls her eyes, "C'mon, you can't still be hung up over that Sloane and Teak business."

"Yes I am," I'm reminding myself of a sulky child, "It's not going to end well."

"Why are you so convinced about that?" random guy asked, he's pretty smart-- at least for a big brawny footballer, "I know I don't really know 'em or shit, but they seem pretty cool together. Even if that Teak guy's like anti-social or rude."

"Exactly, you don't know them." I hiss.

"He's not that bad, Kay."

"Pfft, yeah he is."

Riley's quiet through this, Bess notices, because her eyes are always on him nowadays, and she tugs his school shirt, "Riles?" she asks.

He shrugs, running a hand through his dirty blond hair, "Dunno, he's never been this way with others before-- I mean; opening up and stuff. He was only ever close with his mum, Quinn and me before Sloane came along."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

He gazes at me, brown eyes hard and calculating, whether or not he should tell me-- he's deciding. It's weird seeing him without a jovial smile on his tanned face. "Teak has... trust issues."

Sarah looks up, "Seriously? Why?"

Riley sighs, "It's not my place to tell, can we just play?" he turns to random guy, "Jaiden, you can team with Kay, I'll be with Bess, Sarah can be umpire or shit."

This Jaiden guy looks at me, and now I'm putting his warm blue eyes, stylishly messy auburn hair and friendly grin to my memory.

"Guess we're a team." he says, holding the ball for me, "Do you wanna start?"

I'm sighing, looking at my broken nails.

"Do you wanna start?" Jaiden repeats, like maybe I didn't hear.

I make my face react, my shoulders shrug-- and there's that grin again.

It's kind of infectious, makes me want to wipe off my grimace, dance in a bikini, eat strawberries and fall in love.
♠ ♠ ♠
GOT A NEW HAIRCUT AND NOW A PROUD OWNER OF A LEATHER JACKET FROM CHAPEL STREET MY HOMIES