Sequel: Saving Sloane Winters
Status: COMPLETE! Check out the sequel 'Saving Sloane Winters'.

Finding Sloane Winters Crazy

S I X

Sloane Erin Mallory Winters
Glastonbury College for Girls

Visual Arts College Captain
Edelstein (Burgundy) House Captain

Student No #13783

On the second day of our temporary stay at Xavier, I didn’t go to school. I didn’t see Bess, or Sarah. I didn’t see Teak. I texted my twenty six year old cousin Tim to call me in sick, while I was in fact, trashing Bess’ house all alone.

And I also needed a break.

Yeah, I know what you’ll be saying. The girl needs a break? A break from what? The Xavier boys? Who would want a break from them? They’re outrageously hot! And you should be surrounding yourself with them whenever possible! What is wrong with—

Take it easy, or you’ll spill your black coffee.

You’re forgetting that you don’t know everything.

Like for starters, that lattes are way better than black coffee.

Third Day.

I come out of my German Hearing class, positively beaming, because I have found out how smoke alarms work.

Light a match, put it directly under the smoke alarm, or if you are not 5’8 like me, throw the match onto something flammable and then it will go off!

Then cover your ears, find a pencil, and press the button.

Genius huh?

I’m not as stupid as I sound.

Second reason I am happy, is because Kay is now going to be staying at Bess’ house with us for a month, and it’s nice to have another sarcastic and realistic mind in a house full of four teenage girls. Last night, to celebrate we baked a cake full of the weirdest recipes ever, including bananas, a whole bottle full of vodka, pecan nuts, currants and chicken salt. We ate it, and then got sick, so we didn’t have the energy to do something illegal.

Kay ate most of the cake, and was too sick to come to school, as much as she wanted to see what Xavier College looked like. I told her it looked like a castle, with modern technology. And she said, “Seeing is believing.”

There is an announcement on the PA speaker.

“Could Teak Richardson and Riley Smith please report to the Auditorium for details of your music competition. Teak Richardson and Riley Smith. Report to the Auditorium. Music Competition.”

Teak.

Ah, how could one forget about him?
Remember?
The perfect guy with the tattoos?
Do you have Alzheimer ’s disease?
Guess not.

He did music?
How lovely.
He did music.
I did art.

I wonder what he played, the piano? No, I couldn’t imagine him doing that. The cello?
I laughed aloud.

I found Bess, and she started complaining about something, she seemed a bit distant, what had happened yesterday?

We made our way to the parking lot, and I saw Teak and someone else, apparently called Riley hopping into a Ford Falcon, we were near them. A few feet from their car.

Bess shut up, her shoulders hunching, her hands tightening on her books. What’s wrong with her? I can see her blushing, and the blonde next to Teak looking at her.

The distance was closing.
And the distance closed,
And the distance closed,

And it closed. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Pdisclaimer.