Status: New chapter coming along :)

He Calls a Mansion, Not a House, but a Tomb

Chapter 14

Lindsay's long, black hair blew in the wind as she ran down the city street. Her eyes shone brightly, reflecting the bright lights of New York City. It was midnight and she was ecstatic. It was her first time in the big city and she wanted to make the most of her time here.

I groaned and closed my laptop.
"What?" Gerard asked from his position beside me on the bed. He had been laying there since I woke up.
I set my laptop aside. "I hate writer's block. It's like, I write one paragraph and then get stuck on what to do next and I end up deleting that paragraph to type out a new one that might help but noo, it has to make it worse! I've written 2 sentences in the past three days." I ranted, gesturing frantically and overexaggerately. I picked it up from Gerard. Gerard sat up and crossed his legs.
Gerard smiled. "Feel better now?" He asked. I took in a deep breathe, letting it out slowly.
"Yes, thank you." I smiled. Gerard chuckled.
"It's 2:00 AM. This is unhealthy." I commented, running my fingers through my hair. He smiled.
"What is?" Gerard asked.
"The fact that I can barely sleep more than two hours at a time." I explained. He nodded.
"Why? Nightmares?" He asked. I shrugged.
"Sometimes..." I whispered.
"Would it help to talk about it?" Gerard asked. I frowned and leaned to the side, resting my head on Gerard's shoulder. Gerard wrapped one arm over my back, his hand holding my shoulder; the other one he used to support himself as he leaned slightly backwards.
"I... I had a boyfriend a few months ago." I began. Gerard tensed up a bit. I frowned and began to back away.
"No, I'm listening." Gerard said, holding me closer. I half-smiled and relaxed on his shoulder again.
"He was really nice at first; that's why it lasted a year." I said. Gerard nodded.
I paused, inhaling at his neck. Gerard smelled good, like mint mixed with coffee and juniper. I smiled against his skin, enjoying its softness. I don't think Gerard noticed.
"But, something happened and he became... violent." I explained, trying to find the right wording for everything in this vast story to keep it vague and simple.
I closed my eyes, trying not to cry. I didn't want to see a psychiatrist because of this; I cry so much. Not that I don't have a good reason to, I just hate to cry-- especially in front of other people.
Gerard shifted slightly and I felt a gently touch on my cheek. I opened my eyes and I saw Gerard looking down at me; the most sympathetic expression I could have ever imagined on his face. His thumb gently brushed under my eye, wiping away a small, growing tear that was just about to fall.
I frowned and closed my eyes again. For a moment, it was still and silent and I liked it very much. I didn't like to talk or have big discussions about emotions. Sitting in silence with another person who understands can be perfect. And it was now.
Gerard's lip then softly pressed against my forehead, lingering for about 5 seconds before leaning away again. I smiled and wrapped my right arm around his neck and nuzzling my face into the crook of his neck.
His lips kissed the side of my head and we stayed in silence for a little while longer.
"I'm sorry, Frank." Gerard whispered into my ear. I smiled.
Gerard is so nice to me, it makes me sad and happy at the same time-- sad because he already has a boyfriend and happy because I was just a stranger to him and he helped me so much. Gerard has a boyfriend... Mikey bothered me with that. Was Gerard lying to me, or something? Maybe he said he had a boyfriend just to keep me at a distance. Bert did kiss Gerard. Well, on the cheek... But, still.
I opened my eyes and leaned away. Gerard looked at me with confusion. I sighed lightly.
"I need to sleep..." I whispered, carefully lying down. Gerard nodded and climbed off of the bed. He switched off the light as he left the room and I closed my eyes.

Gerard's POV

I called Bert. The moment he answered I sort of regretted it.
"It's 2 in the fucking morning, what do you want?" He groaned groggily. I bit my lip, trying to stop from smiling.
"Hey, Bert." I said.
"Oh, hi, Gerard!" Bert's tone changed completely and he seemed happy to hear from me. I chuckled and rolled over on my bed.
"Hey, what's up?" I asked.
"It's 2:00 AM... What do you think?" He asked.
"You're watching reruns of Bewitched?" I teased.
"How did you know?" He played along. I smiled, resting my cheek in the palm of my hand. "What's up?" He asked. I frowned.
"Nothing! What, just because I decided to call my boyfriend at 2 in the morning it means that something's wrong?" I said defensively.
"Well, usually that's what happens." He teased. I smiled, closing my eyes and imagining his face-- his just-woke-up-at-2-in-the-morning face; his long hair either in a loose bun or ruffled about everywhere, this eyes half-closed because of exhaustion, the smile he wore that I could hear in his voice.
"I just wanted to hear your voice, that's all." I said softly. I heard Bert chuckle on the other end. "Hey, don't laugh at me!" I exclaimed in a loud whisper, smiling myself.
"You didn't have another dream where I die at the end, did you? Because, as your boyfriend, I don't really care for that part of your subconscious." He said. I smiled.
"I love you." I said, grinning to myself.
There was silence and I choked on air.
"I love you, too." Bert said and I could breathe again. I smiled.
"The phone is never a good way to say 'I love you' for the first time." I noted. Bert laughed.
"I'll see you, okay? Good night." Bert said.
"Okay, bye." I said and we hung up.
I rested my burning cheek against my cool pillow and tried to relax. I only fell asleep until after 3:00.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please <3
Commenters geettt.... hm... a slice of virtual cake? ~_^