Status: New chapter coming along :)

He Calls a Mansion, Not a House, but a Tomb

Chapter 16

Gerard's POV

"He's got puppy-fleas." Madison said, using a baby-voice. She held Jack in her arms, his little head stretching as far as possible, trying to lick my face.
"Poor baby." I said, petting his head softly. He licked my wrist. I smiled.
"They washed him with some special shampoo at the vet and told me to wash him with it for 5 days." She explained, adjusting her hand under his curved back, like a baby.
"Maybe he got them because Mikey sometimes lets him out on his own." I said, sitting down along with Madison on the couch.
"Kind of sweet how he doesn't stray off." Madison commented, letting Jack lick her hand. I nodded.
"Do you want to stay over tonight?" Madison asked, leaning in towards my face, hovering over my lips. I felt her ankle cross over mine. I smiled.
"Yeah."

Frank's POV

I stared, bored, at my computer screen, giving up on focusing on the movie I was watching. I decided that I had enough of Batman for one night and turned off my laptop.
I sighed. I couldn't think of anything to write.
Mikey had gone to bed already. It was around 11:30 PM. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't write, and I couldn't even watch a movie!
Gerard wasn't home, either. I don't even think it was my place to be worried about him. For all I know, he's probably at Bert's house... Staying over.
I frowned, closing my eyes.
I didn't want to sleep, really. The nightmares had come back. I'd been so good for a while, and then out of nowhere, they came back.
Then, I heard the faint sound of the front door opening from down the hall. Careful, trying-to-be-silent footsteps made their way down the hall. As Gerard was about to pass my bedroom door, I said his name. He screamed.
"Relax!" I exclaimed. Gerard took a deep breath, his palm pressed against his chest.
"Don't scare me like that!" He said, chuckling a bit.
"Sorry." I said, tilting my head.
"Why aren't you asleep?" He asked, walking into the room. I shrugged.
"I can't sleep." I said. He smiled, crawling up onto the bed.
"I can help. I'm like a human teddy bear." Gerard joked, sliding up beside me. I giggled, feeling my cheeks burn slightly. I hoped he couldn't tell.
"Thanks." I said, smiling. He nodded.
"No problem... Is the reason you can't sleep the same reason as before?" Gerard asked timidly.
"A little. I hadn't been having nightmares recently, and then last night they kind of just came back out of nowhere." I explained. Gerard placed his warm hand over mine.
He shuffled closer, his cheek resting gently on my shoulder. I enjoyed the warmth from his body; it made me feel somewhat safe.
"Can I sleep with you?" He asked. I had a mini heart attack until I realized he meant sleep.
"Uh, sure." I stammered.
"Sorry, I just have been having trouble sleeping myself... My bed's empty." Gerard said, staring down at our hands. "I hate sleeping alone." Gerard whispered. I nodded.
"Me too." I said shyly. Gerard left my shoulder and I felt Gerard's soft lips press against the corner of my mouth, linger for a few seconds, then he returned to my shoulder.
I turned off the bedside lamp and laid down on the bed with Gerard.
I was unable to relax, so aware of Gerard's hand on mine, his breath rolling down my chest, a single, ticklish strand of his long hair pressing up against my cheek.
"Good night." Gerard whispered.
"Night." I choked out, closing my eyes again.

Earlier in the night
Gerard's POV


I stared at Madison's small body lying next to me in the bed; the blanket covering her hugging the inwards curve between her ribs and her hips. Her blonde hair, tied up in a ponytail to not be a mess in the morning, shone in the dim light of the streetlamps coming throug the bedroom window.
It was 10:50. I couldn't sleep. Recently, I had been having a hard time sleeping. At Madison's and Bert's. Karma catching up with me? Nah; but, even if it were, it's a bit late in the relationships for repercussions.
I gently leaned over, kissing Madison on the cheek before slipping out of bed and out of the apartment.
Once I was about a block away from her apartment, I heard my cell phone ring. I pulled it out of my pocket. Madison. I picked up.
"Hello?"
"Baby, where did you go?" She whispered.
"Sorry. I'm on my way home."
"I thought you were finally staying over." She sighed.
I frowned. "I'm sorry; Maddy, I d-" I paused, stopping in my tracks on the sidewalk. I savoured the moment for a second; it was completely silent - New York at 11:00, it's hard to find silence. "I don't think I can handle this." I said softly. I took a deep, silent breath as I listened for a trace of a sound on the other end. I dared to speak again, "Madison, are you there?"
"Yes, I'm here!" Her voice was snappy and irritated now. I closed my eyes, biting my lip.
"Maddy, I'm sorry-"
"You're breaking up with me over the fucking phone?" I clenched my teeth, jaw tightening. I'm going to die. When I opened my mouth to speak again, my throat cracked once and let no other sound through. She continued. "Gerard, do you realize how much shit I went through in this relationship? You constantly zoning out, as if your mind is elsewhere all the time, you caring more about some fucking stranger than me!"
I open my eyes.
"Gerard, do you think I'm that stupid? You're so sensitive, and sweet; of course you're gay! But, I think I just denied it all this time because of your prominent narcissistic, ignorant side. You're a freaking cold-hearted jackass and I hope you rot in hell!"
The line went dead. I rose my eyebrows and shut the phone, staring at the screen in front of me for a moment.
Easier than I thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, the end is supposed to be funny :P
I'm still in the I-Know-Where-This-Goes-I-Just-Don't-Know-How-To-Get-There slump :(
Taking little baby-step chapters until I get an idea :D
Commenters get virtual Reese Cups!! OR, if u have a virtual peanut allergy, virtual Skittles!!! XD How exciting, right?