Status: New chapter coming along :)

He Calls a Mansion, Not a House, but a Tomb

Chapter 17

FRANK's POV

"Je, tu, il, elle, nous, vous, ils, elles."
"Uhh... Je, tu, il, elle, vous, ils, elles."
"Do you have something against 'nous'? You always forget it." I joked, showing the paper to Mikey again. He groaned, irritated that he couldn't remember.
"I can't do it - it's too hard!" He whined, plopping on his back onto the sofa.
"What are you guys doing?" Gerard asked as he walked into the living room.
"Mikey asked me to teach him French, but he's already given up." I said to Gerard, teasing Mikey at the end. Gerard grinned.
"I didn't know you speak French." He said, sitting down on the floor next to the couch. I shrugged.
"I was teaching it at the New School until the accident; so my course for this semester has been canceled." I explained.
"That's so cool." Gerard said, his eyes seemed to sparkle.
"Well, he's done a charming job of having me realize I'm limited to one language, so, goodbye, people - I'm off to work." Mikey joked theatrically as he bowed before leaving the room.
Gerard sits down where Mikey was and smiled. "Teach me." I grinned; he looked so adorable. His hazel eyes were bright and warm, his hands folded over his crossed ankles.
"You're definitely more eager that your brother." I commented. Gerard smiled.
"Okay, we start with the basic subject pronouns: je, I, tu, you, il, he, elle, she, nous, we, vous, you plural, ils and elles, they." I explained. Gerard stared at me with wide eyes.
"You speak fast." He said. I blushed and nervously covered my mouth with my hand. Gerard frowned and leaned forward, taking my hand away from my mouth. "No, continue!" He said. I couldn't get over the fact that he was still holding my hand.
"Okay, let's just start with something simple. Like, you're name. To say 'my name is' or 'I am...' is 'Je m'appelle Gerard'." I explained slowly. Gerard smiled.
"I officially like French." He said, grinning like a little child.
"Why?" I asked.
"It makes my name sound cool: Geerrrarrdd." He said, using the soft, slightly rolling 'r' that I used. I blushed.
"My accent isn't very good; but at least I made you like it." I joked.
Gerard and I kind of forgot about the teaching thing and just played around with the sentences for a few hours.
"Merci pour le venin."
"Um... You're welcome?"
Gerard laughed. "I like that."
"You liked 'cette'."
"It's pretty!"
"You really are gay."
"You better believe it."
I giggled as Gerard crawled over to my end of the couch. "Careful." I whispered, gesturing to my cast. He was.
He laid next to me on his side, pressed up against the backrest of the couch. A lock of his soft hair sat on my cheek. I smiled at him, bits of after-laugh still gently coming out. He grinned.
His hazel eyes were green as the light got into them. They shone like stars - I had never seen them like that.
Then they closed as Gerard leaned in, pressing his lips softly against mine. I melted for a moment before I remembered something.
"Hey!" Gerard yelled, touching his burning cheek.
"You have a boyfriend." I said, trying hard to mask my pained face as my hand throbbed. I'm such a girl; my hits always hurt me more than the other person.
"Frank, it's over between Bert and me." He said, biting his lip. I froze; my eyes tearing a bit.
"Oh, God, I'm so sorry." I said, cupping Gerard's red cheek in my hand. Gerard chuckled.
"It's alright... I should have told you beforehand." Gerard said, blushing. I think. It's hard to tell with his cheek all red. I smiled. "Um... Can I kiss you again?" He asked nervously. I laughed, nodding.
Gerard grinned and kissed me just as gently as before.

We laid on the couch on our backs, my head on one armrest, his on the other. Our leg(s?) were tangled together and somehow the pads of our feet were facing each other and there were mini-wars going on around there. I writing and he was reading.
I looked up from my notebook and saw Gerard's book closed, his finger holding the page, on his chest. I smiled as I saw his cute little ponytail, his chin resting on his shoulder as he rested his eyes. He was of course still awake; his foot was still at it with mine.
"Frank..." He whispered with his eyes still closed.
"Yeah?" I said.
"Uh - how's the book going?" He asked, looking up at me, his hazel eyes shining. I smiled at me.
"It's okay... Lindsay's got a job in a nightclub on 45th Street..." I spoke shyly, knowing how crappy it sounds.
"Is that a real street?" Gerard asked.
"No. I can't think of anything good." I sighed, running my fingers through my hair.
"I bet you can; don't be so hard on yourself." Gerard said and I felt his hand rest on my ankle. I looked back at him. He had this cute, almost childishly hopeful, spirited smile on his face. I couldn't help but smile back.
"Thanks." I whispered, looking back to my laptop screen.
"Well, Frank, I've got to go to work; handing in some art to the animators and then I'll probably be out for a while." Gerard said as he careful stood up off the couch. "'Kay?" He added, as he came towards me, leaning down to kiss me on the forehead. I felt my cheeks burn and I nodded.
Gerard smiled. "Bye, sugar." He said as he left the room. I felt butterflies in the pit of my stomach, and I felt a bit nauseated. I shut my laptop and rested my head back on the armrest.
After a few minutes of silence, the phone began to ring. I couldn't really get up, so I let it ring out and the machine answered.
"Alright; machine - Gerard, it's Bert. Listen - I know you're a bit busy but maybe we can get together - movie? Dinner? I'm sorry about the other night. Call me?"
And he hung up.
I was frozen for a moment. They broke up... They did. Gerard said they did. And the message isn't exactly perfectly relationship-y, I can't bring myself to fully think of it as an apology message.
Now I really did feel nauseous.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it took so long for another chapter; BUT, I found a way to get where I want :)
And also:: OH MY GOD - 41 subscribers?!? I had to refresh the page to make sure it wasn't a mistake - I swear to god last time I checked I had 14!!! XD
THANK YOU ALL