Status: New chapter coming along :)

He Calls a Mansion, Not a House, but a Tomb

Chapter 5

GERARD's POV

I heard the front door open and close as Mikey arrived home.
"Hey, Mikey!" I called, pausing the movie before standing up and scurrying over to the corridor.
"Hey, Gerard. Here; my gift to you." Mikey announced dramatically, handing me a book.
"Thanks, Mikey..... Why?" I asked, examining the book's cover with a cringe. I'm not a fan of books that are thicker the length of my thumb. Including that Twilight junk.
"It's for r-ee-a-diiing." Mikey mocked me, making the gesture of flipping through pages with his fingers. I frowned.
"Funny. Anyway, what's the book about?" I asked, waving it in front of him. Mikey shrugged, smiling. I sighed; I had to read the stupid thing myself.
I walked back into the living room, turning on the light. I turned off the television and sat down with the dictionary of a novel.
" 'Trainwreck'. Hmm." I whispered to myself, slighting interested in the title alone. I flipped the book onto its face to read its synopsis.

Sarah Jackson was a small-town girl. Her parents had normal jobs, she went to a normal high school, had normal friends, and had plans for a normal life.
Buuut, that isn't what she exactly had in mind.
She's been fed up with her boring, repetitive life. She packed her bags, and told no one she was leaving. Except her trusty Diary, which she carried around with her everywhere.
She took her wallet, and caught the first train to anywhere.
Who knew she would get caught in a whirlwind of adventure?
She got an exciting new job, met new people and had a place to herself. In her eyes, her life couldn't have been better... Until she chose to walk home alone one night.
No one knows what happened to her. She disappeared without a trace. Her job didn't help her, her 'friends' didn't care. And her apartment was just an empty space.
Lost in her own little world, she's screaming to be found.


"Mikey?" I called, staring at the book.
"Hm?" He called from the kitchen.
"Thanks." I said as I flipped to the first page of the book.
"Trainwreck" by Frank Iero"
"What a stupid last name; I'd change it." I muttered to myself before skipping the pages to the first chapter.

FRANK's POV

I continued with the monotone sound of pressing the Enter and the Backspace key repeatedly. I stared up to the lily yellow ceiling, into nothing. I didn't feel the need to blink, I was either too focused or too dazed.
Then I remembered. I stopped my fingers and looked to my blinking answering machine. I hadn't remembered to check the rest of the messages. I took a deep breath, readying my reflexes to delete the horrible message I knew was still there.
I stood up, and walked too slowly towards the blinking light. I bit my lip, inhaling heavily. My index finger hovered over the 'play' button. I took one deep breath and pressed the button.
'You have One new message.'
Huh? I had, like, 5 yesterday! Did Richard erase them?
I exhaled sharply and wobbled over to the couch and dropped down onto my stomach. I inhaled the somewhat sweet scent of the fabric. I closed my eyes.
A small nap would do me good.

After waking up, I felt claustrophobic from being in the house too long and decided to head out.
I was on the same bus as I was the night before, praying the man would be there again. Today my prop was an iPod. I scrolled through my Library, searching for something decent to listen to. I smiled as I spotted 'Cinema Bizarre', I hadn't listened to them in a while. I clicked to play 'Deeper And Deeper' and simply tapped my finger to the beat.
My eyes looked to the window, watching at buildings pass in a blur as the bus was surely going too fast.
I was sure it had been about 5 minutes and I had not been paying much attention to the music. I was too bored. Nothing had happened. No one got on the bus.
The bus came to a full stop for the first time in a while and I looked to the front and I mentally smacked myself when I smiled for a fraction of a second. Since I'm a stranger to him, it would probably be creepy to smile.
I looked through the window across from my seat, pretending to be interested a billboard outside.
The man sat down across from me, in my sight, exactly where I had been looking. I flashed a small, polite grin. The kind which anyone would give to a total stranger in awkward silence.
I chuckled to myself and bit my lip when I started paying attention to my iPod again.
'You're my obsession
The question and conclusion
You are, you are, you are...'


When the man had reached the same stop as before, I stood with him, letting him go first yet again. And so it began again.
I walked behind the man a few meters off, just staring at his long, black hair blow in the wind gracefully. The wind blew against my wet lips and I shivered. I hope I don't sneeze.
I heard a cellphone ring and a dim blue light ahead. The man answered his phone with a happy welcome. I half-smiled.
He was talking pretty loudly.
"Yeah, I was reading on the way to work." He said.
I couldn't hear the other end.
"No, not now. I saw a guy."
"A little... Yesterday night."
I was intrigued. Was he talking about me?
"Alright, see you, Mikey." He hung up... Mikey? What a coincidence.We He turned as I followed down the suburban road. The only difference this time is that there was no light at the end of the road near the park. I twisted my mouth to the side, confused. I would think it was some kind of safety thing. But, I suppose it was only because I was behind him last night.
I watched carefully, slowing down as he did. He stopped suddenly and I almost tripped. I carefully took a breath and continued to walk casually. He stood at a mail box at the beginning of the path to the house. I couldn't help but glance at the envelopes he was looking at.
I smiled.
Nice to meet you, Gerard Way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I decided to add in Gerard's perspective. I think it would be a little interesting to see what Gerard was thinking. ;p
Comments are lovely. ~_^