Status: New chapter coming along :)

He Calls a Mansion, Not a House, but a Tomb

Chapter 6

Gerard Way works for a comic company, The Cartoon Network. He drew for comics of many kinds and most I had no idea about the names of.
He spent most his time indoors, which caused me a pain. Literally. He kept sharp hedges around the perimeter of his property. I think it's more effective than the walls around mine.
"Ouch." I swore under my breath, wincing as a branch branch of a hedge stabbed into my forearm. I looked up to Gerard's living room window.
He sat on his couch, slouching so his shoulder blades were at the armrest and the rest of his body laid across the couch. His knees bent up to support a book he had been reading for a few weeks. I didn't see the cover yet. I would love to read what he is, but he's not helping any.
"Gerard!" I heard a muffled call from inside the house. It was Mikey Way, his brother. I had learned that a couple of days ago. It wasn't such a wonderful surprise. When I had first set my eyes upon Mikey Way, I couldn't breathe-- I was so shocked. He was the same Mikey I had met at the diner a few weeks ago.
Mikey walked into the living room and patting Gerard's head before sitting on a living chair. He had said something I didn't catch, but I ducked when I had realized Gerard was sitting up, looking in the direction of the window.
I hated when this happened; I couldn't see through the bushes. I was too frightened to risk the chance of being seen by picking my head up to an inch above the hedge.
I waited a few minutes and then stood up slowly, crouching slightly in the case of them still being there. I sighed in relief as no one was there and then stood properly. I spotted Gerard's book on the coffee table and squinted to see the title:
Trainwreck by Frank Iero
I smiled. Mikey's a good guy.

I followed silently, my right earphone in my ear, the left one hanging over my shoulder. I pushed my shopping cart slowly, turning my head towards the shelves, my eyes still on Gerard who was ahead of me.
I glanced towards him, grinning slightly as he picked out four jars of instant coffee and one tin of vanilla coffee flavouring. I smiled; I knew about how he was teased by friends because he puts vanilla in his coffee.
I remembered to put a few things in my cart every so often, but also making sure that I actually needed the stuff as well. I went into a register two down from Gerard's and smiled at the cashier briefly before I began to put my items on the belt.
Out in the parking lot, I saw Gerard pulling out his cellphone instead of his wallet--where he keeps his bus tickets.
"Hey, baby." I barely heard him. I pretended to check my receipt as I eavesdropped.
"...Alright, I'll see you." I sighed when I failed to hear the actual conversation.
I stood, staring up at the sky from under the weather barrier in front of the store. Dark rain clouds hovered above. I frowned.
Then, a black car drove up and Gerard grinned as he hurried towards it. I looked at the driver, expecting Mikey, but saw a man with long black hair, a smile upon his face. I bit my lip, but stopped myself and took a long, deep breath. I watched carefully as Gerard gave the man a peck on the cheek before they drove away.
I sighed and began to walk to the bus stop to go home. What caught my eye, though, was a stranded shopping bag on the ground. I picked it up and saw a receipt inside. I looked to see at the bottom it read:
CARD HOLDER
---------------------------------------------
GERARD WAY

I frowned, shoving the receipt back into the bag, taking it with me to the bus stop.
♠ ♠ ♠
Didn't take me long to write this chapter. Horrible, I know, because it's short. I can't type long chapters today cuz an annoying (but amazing ~_^) song is stuck in my head and it's the complete opposite theme of this chapter and it contradicted my writing, so, that's why this chapter could be a bit fuzzy. (should that be the right word to use? :S )
I hope you enjoyed the chapter, anyway. ^_^
Chapter 7 coming soon.
Who could GUESS who the black-haired man is?