Love At First Sight

Love At First Sight[Chapt. 5]

Gerard pulled up to the spot that I was to escape from. I opened the door of the car,I looked at Gerard's face for one more time. I could still here the cops coming I'd better hurry. I stepped from the car and Gerard grabbed my hand. I looked back and saw him crying some more,I was crying too. "Don't leave." He said. "You just told me to leave." I said,it was the truth. Then suddenly Gerard pulled me back into the car and gunned the engine to full blast,I look over at him,his face is drawn tight in concentration. I put my hand on his shoulder but he just looks at the road. "Hold on." He said,as me spun around and flew into the woods. The sound of sirens finally fades. We drive a little longer then he stops the car and turns it off. "I'm sorry.i just couldn't leave you.' Gerard said and I knew he meant it. "I love you to much." Gerard said ans stared to cry. "I love you so much,no matter what you do." I said and took his hand. He looked at me and smiled. "Really?" He said. "Really." I replied and I meant it. I always would. "What are we going to do now?" I asked him. "I don't know,I guess hide out somewhere." He stared off into space,I was scared. Off on the run? I'd never run away from home before.... "We can stay at my uncle's house." Gerard said suddenly. "It's a state away though..." He said,looking discouraged. "We have a lot of driving to do then." I said and he smiled. "We better get going before the cops get us." He laughed and started the car. It was going to be a long trip.