‹ Prequel: Us; I love that
Status: Slowly active

We're forever; I'll remember that

Two lines of bright

A few seconds had passed, but nothing happened. I was beginning to think that meant it was defective, or something, but I caught site of a color emerging and my eyes locked onto it. I felt my breathing get just a tad heavier as the color became clearer, and clearer, until it was finally done progressing. I shook my head, not knowing what it meant. Searching for the box, I grabbed it, nerves overcoming me. I stared at the back, reading the directions that were plainly written, until I came down the color-coding. I took a deep breath-for the millionth time-steadying myself as I read what the color meant, not knowing what to say either way.

I shut my eyes before I could even see the results, taking a deep breath.

“Denise!” I called, not even realizing her name flew out of my mouth instead of ‘mom.’

The door slowly opened, her curly hair peeking through the corner. Her soft eyes glowed, a small, encouraging smile played her lips as she entered, wrapping an arm around her arm around my shoulder.

“What is it?” she asked in her calm voice; I knew where Nick got it.

“I-I don’t want too…” I trailed off, holding the strip in my hand. She nodded understandingly, taking it away gently.

“You know, these won’t always be right… but it gives you a good idea,” she said comfortingly. I smiled slightly, moving to sit down on the toilet. Whatever the test said, I knew I still had Nick, but I still wanted to find out and the suspense was killing me. Was my life really like a book?

“Well, dear, are you ready?” she asked, staring down at the strip herself.

“Yeah, okay,” I breathed, running a hand through my hair nervously.

She moved the strip in front of me, my eyes staring at two bright lines. I furrowed my eyebrows, looking up at her.

“It’s… it’s positive,” she said in slight surprise, her eyes scanning my wide eyes and open mouth. All these thoughts ran through my mind, all ending up to Nick. Who knew two bright lines could really change my life?
♠ ♠ ♠
Really, really short, but I had to start the new one. Can you believe it? Positive!!! comments will make my day! Don't forget to check out Fire and Ice, please.