‹ Prequel: Us; I love that
Status: Slowly active

We're forever; I'll remember that

Words of love

Nick gently placed his hand on my waist, pulling me even closer to him, just staring into my eyes. I smiled shyly, feeling his intense gaze was something I still wasn’t used too. His eyes became nervous a few seconds later, and I brought my hand up to his hair, tangling them in the curls gently, relaxing him.

“I, uh, I kind of have to say something…” he started slowly, looking down.

“Okay, go ahead,” I whispered in return, smiling when he pulled me onto his lap.

“I’m staying in New York, as you know, and I was just wondering what’s going to happen. I mean, we obviously need a place to live and I think it’s only right if we live together, you know… since we’re getting married and having a baby,” he spoke softly, his eyes lighting up at the words ‘married’ and ‘baby.’ I stared at him in awe, knowing not many men wouldn’t be happy about this. But Nick was different, so amazing and perfect for me… I was extremely lucky. Nodding in agreement, I motioned for him to continue. “An apartment isn’t going to be big enough…” he trailed off yet again, his words clicking. Shock filled me and I couldn’t stop a wide smile from taking over my face.

“A house? You mean it? We’re going to get an actual house soon!?” I asked excitedly, seeing a smile take over his own features.

“I was hoping, if you wanted. I got that raise and with the way things are going, I should be getting a lot more money, especially if I get a real deal and signing… and if my things go well, I think we’ll be set.”

“Oh my god, Nick! You are so… so brilliant! Amazing! Perfect!” I practically shouted, giving him a peck on the lips in between each word. His cheeks flushed a light shade of red, but that smirk appeared on his lips.

“I’m here to take care of you, to give you whatever you want. I love you so much, and things are going so great after they just tanked not too long ago, but I have you, and I have this baby that’s coming, and I have everything I need.”

“I love you, too…” I trailed off, gripping his face in between my hands. “Did you notice how fast we grew up? Age nineteen… and we’re acting like we’re in our mid twenties,” I laughed, earning a chuckle from him.

“It’s a good thing, though. I think we were always more mature than others.”

“Do you want to know what I think?” I whispered shyly, feeling the need to be completely open with him.

“I always do,” he answered quickly, staring into my eyes. Taking a deep breath, I thought about it for a second.

“I think that, getting married this young… it’s actually a really great thing. Like, Fiona and Jason. They seem so happy and it’s a symbol that we love each other. Just like when we… made love, it was so perfect and it wasn’t just something to do. I think it was supposed to be this way all along. I just hope you don’t stop loving me when I get all moody from all the wedding stuff and the baby…” I finished slowly, biting my lip and placing my hand on my stomach. His eyes shot down to it, showing admiration, and a smile palyed his lips before looking back up at me.

“Not loving you is out of the question, Mitchie. I don’t think you really understand what you mean to me. It-it’s not an obsession of you, I guess, but it’s an obsession, to me, of ho much I love you… how strongly I feel about you. I don’t want to sound weird, but I think I can say that now and not have to worry about you thinking otherwise. When you agreed to marry me, I don’t think I showed you how much I appreciated it, how much I really, truly was happy and excited… the only other times I felt so strongly was when you first kissed me and told me you loved me, and when we did actually take those steps and make love. Do you know what I see when I look at you?” he whispered, rubbing his thumb over my cheek. My eyes glazed over and I let out a shaky breath, sniffling back tears as I shrugged, gripping onto his shirt.

“What do you see?” I begged feebly.

“I see beauty, intelligence, strength, kindness. I see everything I always dreamed and beyond. I see how much I love you, and I see what I want to tell you; that I want to fall asleep with you in my arms, and I want to wake up to your beautiful face every morning, wishing for a smile when you see me. I see someone so special to me, that it kills me to be away from you, even for a minute. I see a great person, and a woman who’s going to be a great mother, and I see that I love you more than I can ever say…” I felt tears roll down my cheeks, my heart swelling at his words. Was he real? Was he mine? He was… he was mine and I loved him, even if all we could say was ‘I love you.’

I pressed my lips to his quickly, feeling him kiss back immediately with so much passion… I got lost in it. My hands tangled in his curls, deciding to move down to his shirt. My fingers played with the small, top buttons, undoing them to reveal just a little of his toned chest, his silver dogtag catching my eyes when I pulled away to breath. His full lips were a light pink, his dark eyes shining with intensity and love: his beauty was too much too handle… and I couldn’t anymore.

“Then show me,” I whispered breathlessly, feeling his hands move up my leg and my shirt, his fingers tracing up and down my back so teasingly. He pulled my close, smashing his lips onto mine, letting out a small moan as I straddled his waist. My heart began to pound faster and faster as he lifted me off the couch, allowing my legs to lock around him, and he carried me up the stairs. His lips moved down to my neck, sucking on it so teasingly. He seemed so reluctant though, as if he thought he weren’t good enough: I was sure I proved him wrong with the moan that flew out of my mouth.

We reached his room and he reached one hand out slowly, his lips moving back up to mine, fumbling for the doorknob in the dark. The door creaked open and he carried me inside, allowing me to pull his shirt over his hand, my fingers tracing all the muscles. He pulled my shirt gently over my head, mumbling something into my neck that sounded like ‘I love you,’ and I smiled weakly, letting my eyes flutter closed as kicked the door shut with a slam.

[&&]

My head rested on Nick’s bare chest, feeling my whole body trying to calm down. His hands ran through my hair and I pulled the sheets closer to my body, moving my head to look up at him. He smiled shyly, stopping the movement of his hands to ask ‘what’s up’ with his eyes. I let out a sigh, smiling idiotically.

“I don’t really know,” I muttered, feeling my cheeks heat up. He smiled sweetly, pulling me away just a little to sit himself up. I did the same, wrapping the sheet around myself a little better, trying to push the fact that I was practically lying on top pf him in his small bed away.

“I just thought of something,” he said softly, wrapping his arms around my waist, pulling me back into his chest.

“Mhm,” I mumbled, shutting my eyes and smiling as I made myself comfortable.

“When exactly do you want to start planning this wedding?” Shock came over me and I turned to look at his shy expression, smiling once again. “I’m kind of eager,” he admitted with a laugh.

“Me too, Nick. Why can’t we start tomorrow? You know… it’s the holiday weekend so I don’t have to be back for about a week and the same for you, right?”

“I think tomorrow’s good,” he whispered in his soft voice, kissing my temple. My eyes shot over to the clock, reading the numbers: 11:30. It was late and everyone would be back soon.

“We should get dressed,” I sighed, eyeing his smirk.

“I agree…”

“Umm…” I mumbled, turning to face the floor where our clothes piled up before turning to face him again.

“I think we need to learn to get dressed in front of each other,” he said shyly, moving over gently.

“I think so, of course…” We looked at each other, biting our lips before turning away at the same time, standing up; me with the sheet, him with the blanket. Me made our way over to way the clothes were, looking at each other nervously. “This is so stupid. You don’t need to be nervous,” I stated, moving a hand to my hips.

“Like you do?” he scoffed, earning a blush from me. “Just…” he paused when I lifted a hand up to his face, pulling his lips to mine. We moved in sync, like we always did, and that dizziness came back to me.

That kiss put the stupid reluctance away and we both grabbed for our clothes, letting the covers drop, and began to get dressed. I tried my hardest not to stare at him, even for a second, but my eyes kept moving back to his toned body and my cheeks heated up fully, but thankfully we were both dressed quickly, running our hands through our hair and ready to get back downstairs before they came.

Nick grabbed my hand, lacing our fingers together before leading me down the stairs just as we heard the door opening. A lot of chatter surfaces and it seemed like everyone was back at the same time.

“Hey guys,” Joe grinned, jumping inside with Frankie on his back. Blake came in next, a small smile on his lips, and gave us a wave. I looked at Nick who returned the smile and Blake looked relieved, making his way into the kitchen with Joe close behind.

“Kevin and Danielle called us, they’ll be a little later,” Denise sighed happily, letting go of Mr. Jonas’ hand top come closer. She smiled brightly, setting her purse down. “How was your night?”

“It’s was great,” Nick answered softly, looking down at me momentarily. “What about yours? Did you and dad have a nice time?”

“Oh yes. We forgot how nice time away was,” she chuckled, her friendly eyes meeting mine. I smiled in return, watching her turn away and head towards the stairs. “I’m beat. I’ll make breakfast in the morning, so don’t get up too early. Franklin!” she called, hurrying up the stairs. Small feet rushed into the room, looking around swiftly.

“It’s way past your bedtime, Frank. Mom’s upstairs,” Nick nodded towards the stairs, smiling at his brother.

“Fine Nicky,” he sighed, rushing over to Nick. I smiled down at the little boy, watching him grab Nick’s waist. He lifted him up with a huff, ruffling Frankie’s hair.

“Night tank,” he said softly. Frankie smiled jumping down to look up at me.

“Night Mitchie,” he grinned, running up the stairs before I could even say anything.

Nick turned back to me, yawning, resting his forehead against mine.

“I’m going to bed. We’ll tell my mom in the morning, about the wedding planning. And as for… your pregnancy-” he whispered, taking note that his father was close by.

“Maybe we’ll tell them tomorrow?” I suggested, feeling the heat move through me as he rested a hand on my face, a smile on his lips.

“Be up soon?” he asked, pouting just a little. I grinned, kissing his lips quickly.

“Yes.” He smiled, moving to run up the stairs, saying a goodnight to his dad before he disappeared. Sighing, I started turning around, pausing when I heard Mr. Jonas.

“Uh, Mitchie? Could you stay for just a moment?” his stern voice questioned, but he had a softness to it and I obeyed. “I know we haven’t talked much, but you’re a wonderful girl and I’m happy to have you here. You make Nick more happier than I’ve ever seen him, and he is my son, so I want best for him… and that’s you. Feel free to come to us with anything, alright?” he smiled sincerely, resting a hand on my shoulder. I smiled again, feeling like today was a day for comforting words, and I nodded.

“Thank you, very much.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a filler as well, but I think it's cute. haha.
Just a heads up: the rest of this story is probably going to be just cute and romantic, but if I come up with drama... maybe. haha.
Sorry I don't update so much, but I'll plan on it more.

Shameless promoting, ha: The Distance Between Us... care to check it out??

COMMENTS>