‹ Prequel: Us; I love that
Status: Slowly active

We're forever; I'll remember that

Emotional run

“Are you okay?” I whispered again, holding Nick’s face in my hands.

“I’m fine. I think you should go talk to your dad, though. I’m sorry… I shouldn’t have yelled at him like that…” he sighed, sitting himself up better, giving me a weak smile.

“Oh please,” I scoffed, shaking my head. “He’s such a jerk sometimes. He doesn’t need to touch you or even yell at you like that. I’m sorry,” I mumbled, trailing my fingers up and down his cheeks, smiling when he leaned into my touch.

“Did you really mean… what you said? That-that you’d marry me, even if he didn’t walk you down that aisle?” he asked softly, his eyes filled with emotions. He was letting me read him in such a weak time and I was thankful.

“I meant everything I said. You’re the best thing that happened to me and you can’t back out. Once you asked me to marry you, you signed that deal,” I grinned, getting him to chuckle, his soft laughter filling my ears.

“I love you so much,” he mumbled onto my lips, capturing them in a sweet kiss. I shut my eyes tight, flicking my fingers around in his curls, forgetting that we were all still in his pajamas. He hands shot up to my waist, pulling me down onto his lap. That same tingly feeling erupted in my body, this time in my stomach, like a million butterflies were flying around, dying to escape. My mind kept racing as his tongue slid into my mouth slowly, flicking around with mine. A small moan worked it’s way to the back of my throat as his hand gently brushed my back, gripping me closer, but he slowly pulled away, a sheepish smile on his lips, his eyes asking me to go talk to him. Sighing, I kissed his nose, getting up off his lap and moved to the door, stepping out into the backyard. My eyes scanned the outside, spotting him over by the fence, his tall figure slouching in the cool air.

“Dad,” I whispered, coming closer to him. He didn’t look up, he only looked away. “Dad, your acting so childish-”

“I guess you would know, right Mitchie? Are you so lonely that you have to have a baby?” he whispered in his low voice, turning to face me.

“I didn’t plan on getting pregnant, okay? Nick didn’ just take over one night and tell me, ‘oh, hey, Mitchie… I’m ready to have a baby?’ that’s not how we work, dad.”

“No? but what if he said he wanted to have sex? He did, didn’t he? And you didn’t want to disappoint.” I stared at him in shock, feeling the blood rush to my face.

“No, actually. We talked about it first, we decided to take that step when we were ready.”

“The first time and you get pregnant?” he growled, throwing his hands up. I bit my lip, looking at him.

“That wasn’t the first time. Not that it’s any of your business, but we are sexually active, and it’s not just for the fun of it. It’s because I love him so much… just because you don’t show emotions doesn’t mean I don’t. you know… in my whole life, I don’t think I’ve ever heard you tell mom you loved her, maybe you do, but you don’t show it. Don’t be mad if I do.”

“Don’t go there with me Mitchie. This is different and you know it. You are my daughter. How am I supposed to react to some punk getting my daughter pregnant?”

“Stop, would you just stop!” I yelled through gritted teeth. “He’s a complete gentleman. He-he’s perfect! He’s so good to me, if you’d open your eyes you’d see! Mom sees it, his parents see it… but you don’t-” I started, having him interrupt again.

“What exactly does he do for you?”

“He tells me he loves me whenever he wants. When he holds me… I feel safe and I know he means it. He’s there for me whenever I need him and even when I don’t, he gives me a reason too-”

“But what is he going to do for you!” he yelled, getting a glare from me.

“He’s doing what he loves and I believe and support him one hundred percent. Next time you talk to him, why don’t you really have a conversation? See how intelligent and sweet he is. He-he loves sports and music… you two would get along great if you just let him. What you did in there… you should have never done, but he’s the type of guy that will forgive you if you just approach him. I’m not telling you to apologize and he won’t either, I’ll make sure of it… since he did NOTHING wrong, but just remember this, dad: if you don’t suck it up and get to know the real guy he is… then I’m really not going to speak to you again.” I think it set in when he slowly moved his eyes up to mine, worry filling them.

“I just don’t want to lose my baby…” he whispered, sighing heavily.

“You aren’t.

“Yeah,” he snorted, rolling his eyes. “You’re his baby and your carrying his baby… I’ve already lost you.”

“You’re my dad and he’s going to be my husband… there’s a big difference. Thankfully,” I laughed, smiling when he pulled me into a hug.

“I’m sorry Mitchie. I really am. I just… I’m getting older and your growing up. Give me time and I’m sure I’ll warm up to Nicholas,” he sighed yet again, letting me go. “Now, leave me alone,” he smiled, turning back around. I rolled my eyes, happy to have him back to normal… if that’s what you could call it.

Making my way back into the house, I found that the kitchen was empty, voices coming from the living room.

“She’s pregnant? Are you serious?” a voice growled, sounding like Blake. I furrowed my eyebrows, leaning against the wall to listen.

“I think we established that, yes,” Nick sighed, running a hand through his hair. “I don’t think it’s any of your business, obviously.”

“It is too my business!” he raised his voice, Nick not speaking for a moment.

“Just because you like her doesn’t mean you get to go for her now. This isn’t high school, Blake. You were blind to how I felt about her when she first came here and you just wanted her… but I love her, I always have. She agreed to marry me. She’s carrying my child. I love her more than anything so stay away from her,” Nick hissed, stepping closer to Blake. I switched my gaze to his face, seeing him become intimidated by Nick, but he wasn’t giving up.

“Afraid of a little competition?” he laughed dryly. I bit my lip, holding back a gasp as Nick shoved Blake forcefully, his back hitting the wall with an enormous thud.

“This has never been a competition. She was free to like whoever she wanted. She could’ve went for you, she could’ve went for Mike or Ron, or even Jason, but she didn’t, she went for me after I opened up to her. I’m in love with her and if you even get any sort of idea in your head… I swear on my life-”

“Nick,” I whispered, seeing him back down immediately, his eyes holding shame when he looked up at me. Blake stepped forward, pushing down his shirt, giving me an innocent look. “Don’t waste your breath, he isn’t worth even a tiny bit of your life,” I growled, stepping forward to grab Nick’s hand. He looked relieved, pulling me into a tight hug, his eyes closing.

“Blake… I think you need to leave,” Joe’s voice sounded from the corner. My eyes darted up to him, his strong arms across his chest as he leaned against the piano. In a huff, he slammed the door, leaving the three of us in the room. Nick suddenly sniffled, worrying me. Pulling away, I stared into his hazy eyes, watching a single tear trickle down his soft, red cheek.

“Nick,” I whispered, wiping it away. He grabbed my hand, holding it in place on his face.

“I’m so sorry. You-you must think I’m some monster-:”

“No. No Nick. Your protecting me, like you always do. I need you to protect me, to keep me strong, and your doing such a great job. ..”

“So many people think this isn’t right,” he breathed shakily, reaching up to touch my face. I leaned into his touch, taking in his scent.

“Our family supports you Mitchie. We support you and Nick fully, no questions asked. Forget about all those weirdo’s telling you otherwise!” Joe grinned, shaking his shaggy hair. I let out a small chuckle, turning back to Nick’s serious and gloomy face.

“I don’t want you to make a mistake with me…”

“Nick. How could you even say that? Listen, what Blake said… about competition? I don’t know where the heck he got that idea. Just because he apologized? I wouldn’t want to even be in the same room as him without you there. Nick… don’t ever doubt that I love you, please. I mean it when I say it. Your perfect to me…no one is ever going to catch my eye like you. Say that I love you,” I whispered, gripping his curls between my fingers. He shook his head stubbornly, closing his eyes. I pushed my lips to his, trying to show him how much I loved him. He slowly kissed back, giving us both that passion that I always yearned for from him. His hands wrapped around my waist, one moving to the back of my head, gently pulling me closer. I pulled away, only to push my lips back on his a little faster, feeling him calm down and kiss back normally. Snaking my hand up his chest, I rested it just above his heartbeat, feeling the strength and fastness of it, the warmth… I loved him more than life. “Say it, Nick. Say how much I love you,” I whimpered as he pulled away.

“I can’t tell you that, I can only tell you how much I love you,” he breathed, grazing his lips over mine, his chocolate brown eyes staring back at me. “And that’s so, so much.”

“I love you. Don’t doubt it, please. I need you to be confident… in everything, for me?” I whispered, smiling slightly. He let out his soft laugh, getting me to smile wider.

“You know I’ll do anything for you.” he pressed his lips to mine again, gently, showing me just how amazing he was, and there was no doubt in my mind that I wanted to be with him forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
I like this jumbled chapter. Sorry if it kind of sucks, though.
Forgive the mistakes? I haven't checked it.

COMMENTS??