Sequel: The City Spins Around

The Last Goodbye

Now You'll Never Reach the Mile High Club

“And we’re back!” Adam exclaimed into the camera, where they were filming live from the elimination ceremony. “And, we’re now going to learn who will stay in the running to win this hockey phenom’s heart, and who’s on the road back home. Pat, let’s hear the final two girls that you’d like to keep here,” Adam told him. He had already asked ten of the girls to stay, and he now had two other ones that were going to stay.

Adam looked ahead at the five remaining girls: Penny, Bethann, Raylene, Shawna, and Kori. He couldn’t believe that Patrick hadn’t chosen Raylene yet, and he wondered if his offhanded statement about liking Raylene as a contestant had actually had the opposite effect, causing Patrick to want to send her home. Or, maybe she was the one that had shot Patrick down, Adam couldn’t be sure. Though, Raylene seemed like she was too sweet of a girl to ever turn Patrick down.

Patrick held a rose out in front of him before saying, “Raylene, will you stay?” Raylene nodded her head, running up and taking the rose from him. So, it obviously wasn’t Raylene that had shot him down if Patrick was keeping her for another week. Adam continued to stare at the girls, wondering who the last girl to stay was going to be.

“Finally,” Patrick said, picking up the final rose. “Bethann, will you stay?” Bethann quickly ran over to him, kissing him on the cheek before taking her rose and joining the other girls off to the side.

Adam stepped forward, looking at the camera. “And, that’s it for tonight. Penny, Shawna, Kori, I’m sorry, but you’re not the ones for Pat. You’re going to have to go upstairs and pack your bags,” Adam told them before looking back into the camera. “Make sure to tune into next week to see who stays and who goes.”

As soon as the cameras turned off, Penny, Shawna, and Kori all made their way towards Patrick. “How the fuck could you not choose me?” Shawna practically screamed at Patrick, who cowered down, obviously afraid of the girl who was so much taller than him. “I can’t believe you chose some of them over me!” she screeched.

“And, you didn’t choose me?” Penny questioned. “I could have given you the time of your life. But, now you’ll never reach the Mile High Club,” she told him, kissing him on the lips before walking away, right behind Shawna.

Patrick turned his attention towards Kori, waiting to hear what she had to say. “I hope you rot in hell, you asshole,” she said simply before following the other two girls up the staircase towards their rooms to pack their things.

Patrick could hear snickering behind him, and he wasn’t surprised to see Adam laughing at him. Next to him was Delaney, who was trying to hold back her laughter. “Laugh it up, you guys,” Patrick muttered.

“Oh, I will,” Adam said. “Those girls sure told you,” he added. “So, now that they’re gone, you can tell me which one of them was the one that turned you down.”

“Adam, leave it alone,” Patrick told him, glancing at Delaney out of the corner of his eye to see what her reaction was going to be. Delaney shuffled uncomfortably in her shoes, watching Patrick and Adam.

“I just want to know!” Adam exclaimed.

“Why? So you can make fun of me. I think I’ll pass,” Patrick rolled his eyes.

“Just tell me!” Adam said.

“Fine, it was Kori,” Patrick lied, knowing that Adam wasn’t going to give up until he had a name.

“Kori?” Adam howled with laughter. “Oh, this is great! Just wait until the guys learn that Kori turned you down!”

Patrick looked at Delaney, wondering what she was going to say. “You ready to do this interview?” she asked, not mentioning anything about what the girls had said to him or about Patrick’s lie. He nodded his head, as Delaney said goodbye to Adam and made her way to the interview room. She sat down in her normal seat, and Patrick sat across from her, as the two of them waited for the cameraman to get situated.

An awkward silence enveloped them, neither of them knowing what to say, especially with the cameraman in the room. Neither one of them wanted to bring up the kiss, especially with another person in the room, but they knew they were going to have to talk about it sooner or later.

“Okay, we’re rolling,” the cameraman announced, and Delaney sat up straight, staring at her notes in front of her, getting ready for the first question.

“Okay, Pat,” she began. “Last week you said that the date at the beach just wasn’t your thing,” she said, and Patrick nodded his head in agreement. “This week you went on a date at an ice rink. This was obviously more in your element, correct?” she asked.

“Oh, definitely,” Patrick stated. “I feel at home when I’m on an ice rink. I’m glad I got to go there with all of the girls,” he said. “It was definitely cool to see that some of the girls had experience in ice skating. I learned a few new things about a few of the girls.”

“And, you had a little competition with one of the girls, correct?” she asked.

“Yes,” Patrick said bitterly. “Raylene played hockey growing up, and I decided to challenge her in a shootout with me playing goalie. Of course Adam had to jump in there and throw me off, and Raylene ended up making the goal and winning,” he recalled. “If Adam hadn’t of interfered, I would have won,” he continued.

Delaney started laughing at just how competitive Patrick really was. “Okay, let’s talk about your decision to not keep Shawna, Penny, or Kori around,” Delaney said, changing topics.

“They just weren’t the girls for me,” Patrick said simply.

“Okay,” Delaney nodded her head, realizing she wasn’t going to get any other sort of answer. “What would you like to see in the future? What kinds of dates and such? I think they’re still trying to figure out what to do for later episodes,” she explained.

“I’d love to see more dates dealing with sports,” Patrick began. “And hockey. Obviously hockey is my life, and it’d be great to see how the girls are around hockey, whether they get into it or hate it.”

“That’s a good suggestion,” Delaney commented.

“Don’t believe all the people that say I’m just a dumb hockey player,” Patrick said with a smile.

“Okay, well, that’s it for this time, not too many questions. Thanks for the interview,” she told him with a small smile as the cameraman shut off his camera and exited the room quickly.

Delaney stood up to leave when Patrick placed his hand on her arm. “Delaney, we need to talk. You can’t keep running away. We have to talk about what happened at the rink,” he told her.

Delaney reluctantly sat back down in the chair, knowing that he was right. “Listen, it was a mistake. I never should have kissed you. Hell, I never should have put myself in that situation to begin with. I shouldn’t have stayed back when you asked me. This is all my fault,” she said, putting her head in her hands.

“Delaney, you can’t tell me that you didn’t want that kiss as much as I did,” Patrick told her.

Delaney shook her head, which was still in her hands before looking up at him. “Pat, I never said that. Yeah, I wanted to kiss you. I wanted you to kiss me,” she admitted. “But, that doesn’t mean I should have let it happen. Pat, I’m the producer of the television show that you’re starring on. You’re supposed to be kissing the contestants, not me!” she cried.

“Delaney, you wanted it to happen, I wanted it to happen. What’s wrong with that?” Patrick asked.

“What’s wrong with that?” she questioned loudly. “Did you not just hear everything that I just said? And, besides that, you and I, Pat, we shouldn’t be together. Not only am I the producer of your show, but let’s look at the age difference. You are twenty-one years old. I am twenty-six,” she stated.

“So?” Patrick asked. “It’s five years, big deal! Is it because I’m younger than you are?” he asked.

“Pat, it’s just not going to work!” Delaney told him, standing up and grabbing her binder, making her way to the door.

“Tell me you didn’t feel anything,” Patrick told her. Delaney turned around, keeping her hand on the door handle.

“What?” Delaney asked quietly.

“Tell me you didn’t feel anything,” Patrick repeated. “When we kissed. Tell me you didn’t feel anything when we kissed.”

Delaney was quiet for a moment before she said, barely above a whisper, “I can’t do that.”

“It’s obvious that we have feelings for each other.”

“Yes, we do. But, we can’t act on those feelings. I’m sorry, Pat, but our relationship has to remain professional,” she said, quickly opening the door and slipping out before Patrick could say anything else. She was in such a big hurry that she didn’t even notice Adam leaning against the wall right next to the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, you all are split down the middle when it comes to who Delaney should be with.
It was a 50/50 vote between Adam and Patrick!
Keep letting me know what you think!