Sequel: The City Spins Around

The Last Goodbye

You Made Cake at Nearly One in the Morning

Adam and Patrick stood at the front of the room with three girls remaining in front of them, all wishing that the last name that Patrick called out to stay for a little while longer was their name. “And, finally,” Patrick said, taking the last rose and holding it between his thumb and index finger, looking at Robin, Yvette, and Felicia. “Yvette, will you stay?” he asked, holding the rose out for her, leaving Robin and Felicia standing there in shock.

“Of course!” Yvette exclaimed, running up to Patrick, forgetting about the outstretched rose, but instead wrapping her arms around Patrick, pressing her lips to his.

“And, that’s all the time we have for tonight!” Adam cut in, trying to get the attention off of the mini-make out session that was taking place between Patrick and Yvette. “Make sure to tune in on Thursday to see the most recent date Pat and the girls go on!” he added before the cameras turned off.

Patrick finally pulled away from Yvette, only to have Robin walk up to him, her arms crossed over her chest, obviously furious at him for not keeping her around longer. But, before he could hear what she was about to scream at him, he was pulled away by Adam into the kitchen.

“Well, I’d say thanks for saving me from the wrath of Robin, but I have a feeling you pulled me in here for a reason. So, what’d I do wrong?” Patrick asked, hoping Adam wasn’t going to lecture him on Delaney or anything.

“Why’d you keep Marissa and Rosie?” Adam questioned, and Patrick looked at him curiously.

“Why does it matter?” Patrick asked him.

“You kept those two around after what they said to Raylene,” Adam stated. After Patrick had had his conversation with Raylene, he had told Adam about what Marissa and Rosie had told her, after Adam had asked him what Raylene had wanted to talk to him about.

“Again, what does it matter?” Patrick repeated. “So, they’re going to stay around a little longer. It’s not like I’m going to choose them in the end. They’re just some hot girls. I’m keeping them around to look at,” he said, not realizing how shallow that made him sound.

Adam shook his head, leaving the room without another word, leaving Patrick standing there, wondering what his deal was. He didn’t know what Adam’s problem was, as he knew that if Adam had been in his shoes, he would have done the same thing by keeping Marissa and Rosie, knowing they were two of the most attractive girls in the bunch.

Patrick was pulled out of his thoughts when Delaney entered the kitchen. “What are you doing in here?” she asked him, looking around, but seeing no one else in the room.

“Adam wanted to talk to me. Apparently he’s pissed at me about something stupid or something,” Patrick said offhandedly. “Anyways, what’d you need? Time for the interview?” he asked, knowing the schedule. She nodded her head, and Patrick motioned for her to exit the kitchen first, while he followed her into their normal room.

As they sat in there waiting for the cameraman to get everything situated, Delaney looked over at him. “You said Adam was pissed at you?” she asked. “What about?”

“It doesn’t matter,” he said, but he knew Delaney wasn’t pleased with that answer. Patrick sighed before continuing. “He doesn’t agree with who I kept tonight,” he told her. Delaney didn’t say anything but instead simply nodded her head, opening her binder and getting prepared for the interview.

“Okay, camera’s rolling,” the cameraman said, and Delaney nodded her head.

“Pat, let’s talk a little bit about the art museum, shall we?” she asked. “How did you enjoy that date?” she asked, trying to contain her laughter, knowing that Patrick hated the museum.

“How did I enjoy it?” Patrick questioned, and Delaney nodded her head. “I hated it,” he said bluntly, and Delaney widened her eyes in surprise, shocked that he didn’t even try to hide his dislike of the museum. “I don’t get how people can find looking at paintings for four hours entertaining at all,” he spoke.

“You didn’t enjoy anything?” she asked him.

“I enjoyed when we got to leave,” he said bluntly, and Delaney rolled her eyes at him.

“Okay, let’s move on to a different topic, then,” she said, changing subjects. They continued talking for a little while longer until they had finally covered all of the topics that were in Delaney’s binder. “Okay,” she finally said. “That’s the end,” she smiled, as the cameraman quickly got all of his things together and left, wanting to get home as soon as possible.

“Good,” Patrick sighed. “No offense,” he quickly added. “It’s just I hate having to do these interviews after every elimination,” he told her.

“I understand,” Delaney said. “Can I ask you a question?”

“Sure,” Patrick answered.

“You mentioned what Marissa and Rosie said to Raylene and how you didn’t agree with them doing that, right?” she asked, and Patrick nodded his head, wondering where she was going with all of this. “Why’d you keep them then?” she asked.

“You sound like Bur,” Patrick rolled his eyes.

“Please tell me you’re not trying to set me up with him again,” Delaney begged.

“I’m not,” Patrick assured her. “Besides, if I wanted to try to set you up with someone, I’d try to set you up with me,” he told her. Delaney stared at him, unable to believe he was saying this right now. “What?” he asked when he saw the expression on her face. “You’re better than all of those girls out there,” he told her.

Delaney opened her mouth to say something, but Patrick cut her off by kissing her. He smirked when he felt her kiss back. “We can’t do this,” she said against his mouth, though she didn’t move away from him. Patrick didn’t listen, though, instead placing his arms around her waist and pulling her closer. “We can’t do this,” she repeated. “Adam would kill us,” she said, and Patrick finally pulled away, leaving Delaney breathing hard. “You can’t do this to Adam,” she told him, and she knew he was finally realizing what exactly he was doing behind his friend’s back.

“I can’t do this to Adam?” Patrick asked. “Or you can’t do this to Adam?” he continued, and Delaney looked at him confusedly. “Is the only reason you don’t want something to form between us because then everything you’d been saying to Adam would have been a lie?” he questioned. “You kept saying that you couldn’t date him because you worked with him. If you started dating me, then that excuse would blow up in smoke,” Patrick told her.

“This is ridiculous!” Delaney exclaimed. “We’re not going to date. We can’t date. Patrick, you are a contestant on a reality show where you’re trying to find a girl,” she spoke slowly, hoping he would comprehend what she was saying. “Do you realize that I’d get fired if I tried to start a relationship with you?” she questioned.

“So, you’d like to date me, but you’re afraid of getting fired?” Patrick smirked, twisting her words around.

“No!” she practically yelled. “We cannot date,” she said, trying to keep her voice calm. “Besides, would you really want to do that to Adam?” she asked him. “Adam would never forgive either one of us if we started dating,” she told him.

“Do you have feelings for Adam?” Patrick suddenly asked. Delaney was quiet for a moment, but Patrick continued to stare at her, waiting on an answer. “Well? Do you?” he continued.

Delaney bit her lip, trying to prolong having to answer the question. “I don’t know,” she said, barely above a whisper. Patrick stared at her, wondering if he had heard her correctly. If she had really had feelings for Adam, she surely would have done something about them, right? He looked up to see Delaney had already opened the door to the room, quickly exiting, trying to leave as fast as possible.

***

Patrick laid on his bed, throwing a football up in the air, thinking about his latest conversation with Delaney. Was she serious when she had told him that she might have feelings for Adam? Or, was she just trying to give him an excuse to stop liking her? He shook his head as he caught the ball in his hands. Why was he so worried about it? Why did he care so much? He had ten girls on the other side of the house that liked him, so why didn’t he concentrate on them?

He heard a loud clash coming from downstairs, and he slowly got out of bed, making his way towards the staircase. He crept down them, hearing noises coming from the kitchen. He walked into the kitchen, seeing Kristalyn and Raylene standing in there. “What the hell are you two doing?” he questioned, looking at the clock on the microwave to see it was after midnight.

Raylene turned around, a spoon sticking out of her mouth from where she was licking icing off of it, looking like a child who had just gotten caught by her parents. Kristalyn spun around, her eyes wide as she realized Patrick was in the room. “We were just making a cake,” Kristalyn smiled at him. “Want some?” she asked him, motioning towards the cake that sat on the counter.

“You made cake at nearly one in the morning?” Patrick questioned, and Raylene nodded her head, wondering if he was mad at them for some reason. “Good, I’m kind of hungry myself,” he said, grabbing some plates from the pantry, along with three forks.

Kristalyn quickly served the cake as the three of them sat at the table eating. “What’d you come down here for?” Kristalyn asked him as she took a small bite of the chocolate cake.

“I heard a crash,” Patrick replied. “Decided I’d come down here and check it out.”

Both girls started laughing as Kristalyn said, “Oh, that crash would have been when Raylene dropped the bowl.”

“Hey!” Raylene interjected, and Patrick spun his head around to see what she was going to say. “You threw a dish towel that was soaking wet with cold water at me and I reacted!” she explained. “Anyone would have thrown the bowl out of their hands to get a cold dish towel off of them. Wouldn’t you have?” she asked, looking over at Patrick.

“I don’t know,” he replied.

“Of course you would have!” she claimed. “Anyone would have. So, really, Kristalyn, it’s your fault.”

“Oh no, it’s not!” Kristalyn argued.

“Girls,” Patrick interjected, and both girls stopped yelling and looked at him. “Why argue when we’ve got cake?” he asked with a smile.

“Good point,” Raylene said as Kristalyn stood up to put her plate in the sink after having finished eating her cake. She accidentally slipped on the floor where there was a spot of water, causing her to fling her plate at Raylene. The plate flipped over in air, causing it to land face-down on Raylene’s head, icing left over on the plate ending up in her hair. Raylene’s eyes widened, as she looked over at Kristalyn, who had managed to stay standing up by catching herself on Patrick’s chair. “You did not just do that!” Raylene exclaimed, removing the plate from her head.

Raylene grabbed the rest of her cake in her hand, standing up, ready to propel it at Kristalyn. Kristalyn caught her hand, twisting it slightly, making Raylene accidentally shove the cake right into Patrick’s face. “Oh my God!” she exclaimed, as Kristalyn started laughing. “I am so sorry. I didn’t mean to!”

Patrick stood up, and Kristalyn knew exactly what he was going to do, and she quickly ran out of the room, protecting herself. Raylene, however, still stood frozen to the spot, shocked at what she had just done. Patrick grabbed the rest of his cake off of his plate, and Raylene started backing up slowly. “You don’t want to do this, Pat,” she told him, beginning to walk faster.

“Oh yes, I do,” he replied, nodding his head as he followed her.

“Pat, please,” Raylene begged as she backed up against the counter. Patrick stepped right in front of her, pushing his hips up against hers to keep her in place as he shoved the cake in her face, smearing it all around. “Oh my God!” she yelled, wiping the cake out of her eyes. She reached over to grab the cake pan off the counter and grabbed a huge chunk of cake, spreading it all over his face and down the front of his shirt.

Patrick stayed where he stood, still keeping Raylene in place with his hips, as he reached over and grabbed some cake himself, putting it on the top of her head and patted it down. Raylene’s jaw dropped, and both of them grabbed as much cake as they could, trying to smear it all over the other one.

By the time they were finished, cake covered both of their heads and upper body. “I think that’s the end of it,” Raylene said, laughing, something she had been doing the whole time their food fight had been going on. “It’s a shame. It was a pretty tasty cake.”

Patrick leaned down, kissing her, licking his lips as they separated. “You’re right, it is damn tasty,” he commented before taking a step back to free her from her position against the counter. However, Raylene was frozen to the spot, still shocked from the kiss she and Patrick had just shared. “But, now I’ve got to go take a shower,” he said, a smile on his face as he left the kitchen, Delaney the furthest thing from his mind at the moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, after re-reading this, I realized Patrick is a manwhore.
Kissing three girls in one chapter, haha!

Anyways, comments?