Sequel: The City Spins Around

The Last Goodbye

My Brother, The Biggest Asshole on the Planet

“Please tell me this is not another surprise elimination,” Patrick muttered when he walked into the room he was directed to go into and saw Adam standing there, all dressed up, indicating that he was about to be filmed.

“Who would have thought that you would get so attached to these girls and have trouble sending some of them home?” Adam responded, not giving him any hints as to what was about to happen today.

“I am not attached to any of them!” Patrick claimed, and Adam looked at him disbelievingly.

“Please,” Adam scoffed. “I saw how hard it was for you to choose who to go home.”

“They’re just all so hot,” Patrick said. “I don’t want to see any hot girls go home,” he said, and Adam rolled his eyes at him. He opened his mouth to say something, but he was interrupted by Delaney walking into the room.

“Excited about today?” Delaney asked with a smile as she walked over to the two men.

“Depends on what’s going on today,” Patrick mumbled.

“I think you’ll like this one,” Delaney said as all of the cameramen began to come into the room and got situated behind each of their cameras. Patrick looked at Delaney, waiting on her to tell him what was going on, but she walked over to some of the cameramen and began talking to them.

Patrick turned to Adam. “What’s going on?” he asked him, and Adam shrugged his shoulders with an innocent smile on his face. “Adam,” Patrick began, but stopped talking when he knew it was no use. Adam wasn’t going to tell him.

“Patrick, you stand here,” Delaney directed, putting her hands on his shoulders and moving him a few feet to the left. “And, Adam, you stay there. Are you ready?” she asked, and Adam nodded his head, while Patrick continued to look at him, wondering what was about to occur.

“Whatever happened to giving me a heads up as to what’s happening for the day?” Patrick questioned Delaney.

“Aww, where’s the fun in that?” she smiled at him before returning to her spot next to one of the cameraman and someone gave Adam the cue to begin talking.

“We’ve got a surprise for Patrick today,” Adam began reciting his memorized lines. “Well, why waste anymore time?” he continued as Patrick gave him a sideways glance, wondering what was going on. “Come on out, you three!” Adam exclaimed, and Patrick’s gaze turned towards the door, which opened and three familiar faces walked through.

Patrick’s eyes went wide as he finally registered what was going on. He immediately went over to them, still shocked that they were in front of him. “What are you guys doing here?” he asked, giving his sister, Erica, a hug before greeting his teammate, Jonathan Toews, and one of his oldest friends, Brady Stevenson.

“They’re here to help you out with choosing the right girl,” Adam supplied, going back to the lines he had learned. “This is Erica Kane, Patrick’s younger sister; Brady Stevenson, Patrick’s friend going back to childhood, who flew out here from Buffalo; and fellow Blackhawks forward, Jonathan Toews,” Adam introduced to the cameras, while they panned in on each person when Adam announced their name. “And, they are here to help Patrick narrow down the girls some more.”

“How long are you here for?” Patrick inquired, still in shock that his friends and family were there.

“For a couple of days,” Erica answered.

They finished filming the segment for the show before Patrick was told that he could hang out with the three of them for a little while before the next part would be filmed. Patrick didn’t need to be told twice, as he quickly guided them out of the room and into the living room, all of them sitting down. “So, tell me about these girls that are left,” Brady said, not wasting any time in getting down to business.

“Well,” Patrick said with a smirk on his face. “They’re all hot.”

Erica hit her brother in the chest, rolling her eyes at his answer. “Tell us about their personalities, not their looks. Because you are not choosing the final girl based on their looks or I will hit you in your head!” she told him.

Patrick laughed at her, missing their bickering. “You really get no say in who I choose or why I choose them,” Patrick retorted with a smile. “But, if you must know about them, I guess I can tell you a little bit about each of them.”

“Please,” Erica requested, and Patrick began going through each girl, telling them what he liked and disliked about each of them. By the time he had finished, Brady, Jonathan, and Erica knew about his and Raylene’s food fight, Leah’s skating abilities, and Rosie and Marissa’s pact to be the final two.

“I don’t like Rosie and Marissa already, and I haven’t even met them yet,” Jonathan said, and the others nodded their heads in agreement.

“You sound like Bur now,” Patrick said, and Jonathan looked over at him, wanting him to elaborate. “He’s been telling me all along about how he doesn’t like them and how he wants me to get rid of them.”

“And why don’t you?” Jonathan inquired.

“Because they’re hot.”

Erica rolled her eyes. “My brother, the biggest asshole on the planet!”

Patrick was about to respond but was interrupted when he was told that all four of them needed to get ready for dinner, which they were going to have with all of the girls. Patrick walked up the stairs and changed his clothes, not having any idea what they were doing for dinner. When he walked back downstairs, he saw his sister in a dress, and Brady, Jonathan, and Adam all dressed up nice. He let out a sigh of relief that he had dressed up fairly nice as well and wasn’t out of the loop.

He went to stand in between Jonathan and Erica and waited for the girls to come down the stairs. Only a few minutes later, he saw the group of girls, and he looked at the three new guests to gauge their reaction on each of the girls. He knew Erica was immediately going to hate Juliette, who was wearing an extremely revealing, short dress, while Jonathan was going to dislike Kristalyn by the end of the night, with her telling all of her sorority stories.

“Tonight,” Adam began talking into the camera, pulling Patrick out of his thoughts. “We will be having a fairly simple dinner, letting Erica, Jonathan, and Brady get to know the girls. The girls are going to have to impress Patrick’s friends, as at the end of their stay in a couple of days, Jon, Erica, and Brady are each going to get to eliminate one of the girls for Patrick, leaving the final five in the house. So, shall we get started?” he asked, as they made their way into the dining room, which had all been set up for a nice dinner.

“You three get to eliminate a person?” Patrick questioned, looking over at Jonathan and Brady.

“Each of us get to eliminate a girl,” Brady smiled at him.

“Oh, great,” Patrick muttered sarcastically.

“Don’t worry,” Brady told him. “I’ll make sure to look out for your best interests,” he assured him, and Patrick knew that he meant he would keep the hottest girls there for him. “It’s that one that you’ve got to worry about,” he continued, pointing at Erica.

“Whatever!” Erica exclaimed, shoving Brady a bit as they sat down at the round table. They all got their food, and they began getting to know each other. “So, why don’t you tell me where you’re all from,” Erica suggested, and everyone went around the table, saying where they were originally from.

They continued their conversation, some girls clicking with his friends, others not so much. As they finished their dinner, the girls were instructed to go back to their rooms and that they would have a date the following day, which made the girls extremely happy, as they hadn’t had a date with Patrick in a while.

“So,” Patrick began as he, Adam, Brady, Jonathan, and Erica remained at the table. “What do you think of the girls?”

“I think they got the strangest bunch of girls in the universe!” Erica told him, causing everyone to laugh but nod their head in agreement.

“They may be strange, but they’re also hot,” Brady responded.

“Try being here since the start,” Adam said. “You missed some of the girls at the beginning. Like the flight attendant that wanted to help you join the mile high club,” Adam recalled.

“Like you’re not already a part of that club,” Jonathan rolled his eyes.

“Hey now!” Erica exclaimed. “I do not need to think about my brother having sex on a plane. Ewwww!”

“You know it’s happened,” Jonathan continued.

“Stop!” Erica yelled, putting her hand over her ears, as the four guys began laughing.

“Remember when Raylene beat you at hockey?” Adam asked, trying to change subjects for Erica’s sake.

“Can we not bring that up?” Patrick requested, still bitter about that day.

“Wait a minute,” Jonathan said, his interest piqued. “Did you just say that one of the girls beat you at hockey?” he asked, and Adam nodded his head enthusiastically, a huge grin on his face. “How? That’s your job!” Jonathan exclaimed.

“She cheated,” Patrick said through gritted teeth. “With him,” he pointed an accusatory finger at Adam.

“What? Explain now,” Brady ordered, and Adam launched into the story he loved telling so much, exaggerating certain points every so often, which made Patrick interject and say things didn’t happen that way.

By the end, everyone besides Patrick was laughing. “I can’t believe she beat you!” Jonathan said through his laughter. “I mean, I always knew you weren’t the best player on the team, but to have some random girl beat you at your own game? I never expected that!” he continued making fun of Patrick.

“She cheated,” Patrick stated.

“Say whatever you want to make yourself feel better,” Brady said, patting his friend on the back. “But, either way, the girl beat you. I think she may have just become my favorite one in the group,” he smirked, as Jonathan and Erica nodded their head in agreement.

“Again, you guys sound like Adam,” Patrick mumbled.

“Hey, don’t make that sound like a bad thing!” Adam exclaimed, as everyone once again burst into laughter.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, sorry about the delay of updates.
I really am trying to work on ideas for this story.
In the meantime, comment on this chapter?