Sequel: The City Spins Around

The Last Goodbye

Bye, Bitch

“Are you sure about this?” Adam asked the same question for the third time in the past five minutes. Patrick glared at him, sick of hearing the same question over and over again. “Hey, I just want to be sure.”

“Yes, I’m sure,” Patrick said, grabbing a piece of paper and ripping it into five pieces. “Here,” he said, throwing a pen at Adam, hitting him square in the chest before falling into his lap. Adam picked the pen up, looking over at Patrick curiously. “You’re going to help me,” Patrick continued, handing the pieces of paper to Adam. “Write down all the girls’ names while I go grab a hat,” he told him, standing up off the couch.

“Are you,” Adam began.

“Sure?” Patrick finished for him. “Yes. I’m sure. Now, just write down the girls’ names,” he said, walking towards the staircase before he stopped and turned back around to Adam. “You do know their names, don’t you?” he inquired. “Or, do I need to fill you in on those, too?” he added.

“Fuck you,” Adam rolled his eyes at Patrick. “Yes, I know their names,” he said, and Patrick shrugged his shoulders before continuing up the stairs. Adam started writing down the names, folding up the pieces of paper and setting them on the coffee table in front of him. Patrick came back a few moments later with his hat in his hands. “Here you go,” Adam said, collecting all the names and throwing them in the hat. “Now, how are you going to do this? Pick one name and that’s who you’re going to pick in the end?”

“That sounds good,” Patrick nodded his head. “Here’s the moment of truth,” he said dramatically, while Adam drummed on the coffee table. Patrick stuck his hand in the hat, pulling out one sheet of paper. He unfolded it, announcing to Adam, “Raylene.”

“So, Raylene’s the winner, huh?” Adam asked, not really sure how he felt about that. He was happy that it wasn’t Rosie or Marissa, but at the same time he had kind of been hoping that it would be Kristalyn or Leah.

“She’s the winner,” Patrick muttered, leaning back against the couch. “Lucky her.”

***

“What do we got going on today?” Patrick asked when he walked into the living room and saw Adam and Delaney standing there. “No, let me guess. A history museum this time?”

“You know that that art museum wasn’t that bad!” Delaney exclaimed, putting her hands on her waist. “You just like to complain,” she accused him, causing Adam to laugh.

“What do we got for today?” Patrick repeated.

“I think you’ll like this one,” Delaney began.

“Yeah, sure, you think I’ll like every date,” Patrick laughed.

“No, you’ll like this one,” Adam assured him, and Patrick gave him a questioning look. “Can I just tell him?” Adam begged Delaney, who rolled her eyes at him. Adam stuck out his bottom lip, like a little child, and Delaney couldn’t help but laugh.

“Fine,” she sighed.

“You’re going to a comedy club,” Adam rushed out.

“Hmmm,” Patrick hummed. “Not bad,” he admitted.

“See, told you you’d like this one,” Delaney smiled. “Now, just let me go get the girls and we can film the first part and then we can get going,” she said, walking towards the staircase to bring the girls down.

Forty-five minutes later, they were all headed into the comedy club. Delaney and Adam were in a separate car from Patrick and the girls, and Adam figured this was as good of time as any to talk to Delaney about her feelings for Patrick. “Soooo,” he began, drawing out the word as he glanced at her, both of them sitting in the back seat.

“So what?” Delaney inquired.

“So,” Adam began once again, trying to figure out exactly how to say what he wanted to say. “What are your plans for tonight?” he asked the first thing that came to mind.

Delaney looked at him curiously. “Adam, are you trying to ask me out?” she questioned.

“No, no, no!” Adam said quickly.

“Then what exactly are you doing? Because this is exactly how you acted when you first met me, always asking what my plans were for the night. I mean, we’ve already went out on a date, and we had no chemistry whatsoever. And, that’s exactly why I’ll never date another person that I work with,” she continued, slowly getting off topic. “But, what were you going to say?”

Adam thought about bringing up Patrick, but he realized Delaney wasn’t going to talk to him about Patrick. “So, you think it’s a terrible idea to date someone you work with?” he asked.

“Yeah, you already know how I feel about that. Why are you asking?” she inquired.

“What happens if you did work with them but you don’t anymore?”

“What?” Delaney asked. “What do you mean?”

“I mean, what if you did work with someone but you don’t anymore?” he repeated. “Like, say they were on the show, but now they’re not?” he tried.

Delaney opened her mouth but then shut it. She thought about what he had just said, and then her eyes widened with realization. “Who do you like?” she asked excitedly.

“What?” Adam questioned, now having no idea what she was talking about.

“Who do you like? Obviously you’re talking about yourself. You like a contestant. Or maybe a former contestant? Who?” she continued asking.

“Delaney,” Adam began, about to correct her and tell her he was actually talking about her and Patrick.

“You can tell me,” Delaney interrupted him. “Come on, maybe I can even help you.”

“So, you don’t think it’s bad for me to date someone if they’re not on the show anymore?” Adam inquired as they pulled up outside of the comedy club. He looked out the window, and he could see Patrick and the girls standing outside.

“No, I’d say that’s fine, as long as it’s not the girl that Patrick’s going to pick,” Delaney shrugged her shoulders. “I mean, you and the girl won’t be on the same show anymore. I don’t see a problem with it at all. So, tell me, who is it?” she asked excitedly.

“Raylene,” Adam answered quickly before pulling the door open and stepping outside, leaving Delaney in the car, a wide smile on her face.

She stepped out after him, walking over to him and leaning in. “Good pick,” she whispered in his ear before walking over to the cameramen to talk to them.

***

Adam stood at the front of the room, practically bouncing on his toes, waiting for the director to give him the cue that he was on camera. They were doing a live show for the elimination ceremony, and currently they were showing highlights from the comedy club date Patrick had been on the day before.

Patrick glanced at Adam, wondering why he was so fidgety at the moment. “Dude, are you on crack right now?” he joked, and Adam glared at him.

“Nope, I’m just anxious to see who you chose to stay,” Adam replied, rolling his eyes at his friend.

“Something’s going on with you, and I’m going to figure out what it is,” Patrick said just as they were told that they were going live on air in one minute.

“There’s nothing going on,” Adam assured him, glancing down at the note cards in his hands that held his lines he had memorized before handing them to an assistant.

“Three…two…one,” the director counted down, and Adam flashed a smile at the camera.

“Here we are at another elimination ceremony. Thanks for joining us tonight. You just saw all the highlights from Pat’s date with the remaining five girls, but why don’t we get right down to it. Pat, let’s hear who the remaining three girls are going to be,” he said, looking over at Patrick.

“Sure,” Patrick nodded his head, turning behind him and grabbing the first rose. He glanced out at the girls. Sure, he knew who the final girl was going to be, but he hadn’t picked who the other two finalists were going to be. Looking from one girl to the next, he thought he’d make things interesting. “First, I’d like to ask Rosie to stay,” he said, holding the rose out for her.

Adam had to resist the urge to roll his eyes when he heard Rosie’s name called. She ran up to Patrick, throwing her arms around him and kissing him hard on the lips. “Of course I’ll stay!” she told him, snatching the rose from him and standing behind him.

Patrick grabbed the next rose, turning back around to the girls. “Raylene, will you stay?” he asked, and the blonde nodded her head, giving him a sincere smile as she grabbed the rose and stood next to Rosie.

Patrick looked between the remaining three and tried to figure out who he should keep. Only one of them could stay, and he hadn’t really decided yet who that would be. “Kristalyn,” he finally announced, and he could swear he heard Adam let out a sigh of relief from beside him.

“Thank you!” Kristalyn exclaimed, running up to him and grabbing the rose.

“I’m sorry, Leah and Marissa, but you’ll need to head upstairs and pack your bags. Make sure to tune in next time when Patrick meets the families of Kristalyn, Rosie, and Raylene,” Adam told the camera before it turned off.

Leah walked over to Patrick, telling him that she was actually happy that he had kicked her off, as she had never felt any chemistry between the two of them, and now she was able to go back home and dance.

Marissa, on the other hand, was not as happy with his decision. “You’re a fucking asshole!” she yelled at him before going over to Rosie. “And, why the hell are you still here? Did you fuck him? Give him head? What? What makes you so much better than me?” she continued screaming at her ally in the house.

Raylene and Kristalyn watched on from afar, both of them staring with wide eyes, when suddenly Marissa took a swing at Rosie, catching her in the nose. “Mother fucker!” Rosie screamed, attacking Marissa, as a fight broke out.

Patrick and Adam quickly walked over to them, pulling the two girls apart. “Not on this side of the fight too often,” Adam joked, pulling Rosie back, as she elbowed him in the ribs, trying to get away from him. “Shit!” he yelped in pain, but continued to keep a tight grip on her waist, not letting her get away. “You should have sent both of them home,” Adam told Patrick, who merely laughed as Marissa seemed to relax in his grasp.

“Asshole!” Rosie yelled at Adam, as he continued to hold her back.

“Marissa, go upstairs and pack your things. Rosie, stay here and play nice,” Patrick ordered, and Rosie finally settled down as Adam let her go.

“Fine,” Rosie pouted, walking to the couch and sitting down. “Bye, bitch!” she yelled at the top of her lungs to Marissa, who flipped her off as she climbed the stairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I know some of you aren't happy with the direction this story is going *cough*Addie*cough*, and I'm sorry about that. But, it'd be great if you'd stick with me til the end. There's only going to be probably 3 more chapters left to this story. In the meantime, comments would mean the world to me!