Sequel: The City Spins Around

The Last Goodbye

She's Too Good for You

Patrick watched as Delaney walked back towards the set, having just talked to her boss. He had a feeling that she was going to get in a lot of trouble for what Raylene had just said. Plus, Adam had had to go and add in the little detail about Patrick and Delaney kissing a while ago. Fortunately, Adam had at least waited until the cameras were turned off before he had revealed that tidbit.

“So?” Patrick asked, and Delaney shook her head. “You’re not fired?” he continued, needing to make sure.

“Nope,” Delaney told him. “In fact, my boss was so enthralled he asked me if you and I wanted to do a reality show of our own. Apparently, he thought we’d be good entertainment,” she laughed. “Of course I told him no. I didn’t think you wanted to do it, and I sure as hell am not going on a reality show.”

“No, no more reality shows for me,” Patrick told her.

“And, besides, there’s nothing going on between us, so what good would a tv show of us do?” she asked.

Patrick turned his head to look at her. “There’s still nothing going on between us?” Patrick asked. He had hoped that now that the show had ended that maybe Delaney would want to pursue a relationship, but obviously that was only wishful thinking on his part.

“Patrick,” she began, and then she suddenly stopped.

“What?” Patrick asked desperately, wanting to know what she was going to say.

“Adam did have a point,” she muttered.

“What?” he exclaimed.

Delaney looked up at Patrick. “He said that I had always used the excuse that we worked on the same show,” she spoke, more towards herself than to him, and Patrick finally understood what she was talking about. Right after Raylene had made her speech, Adam had agreed with her and said that Delaney had always said that the only reason she wouldn’t go out with Patrick was because they worked on the same show, but now the show was finished, and there was nothing stopping her from being with him.

“Yeah, that is the excuse you always used,” Patrick nodded his head.

“And, the show’s over now,” she continued muttering.

“Yeah.”

“And, I did feel something when we kissed on the ice.”

“Me, too,” Patrick smiled, hoping she was going to finish her thought process soon and that she would just say that she wanted to be with him.

“Maybe we should give this a try.”

Patrick’s smile grew even larger. “Yeah, we should,” he said, wrapping an arm around her waist and pulling him towards her, kissing her deeply.

“Yeah, we definitely should,” Delaney agreed before reattaching their lips.

***

Patrick and Delaney walked through the house, hand-in-hand. Patrick was more than happy to finally be moving out of the house and back into his apartment once again. They walked into the living room, and both immediately stopped in their tracks, seeing Adam and Raylene on the couch, looking awfully comfy with each other. “What’s going on here?” Patrick inquired, looking between the two of them.

“Well, you may not have been right for Raylene, but maybe another hockey player is,” Adam smirked.

“Good for you two,” Delaney smiled at them.

“Oh, and we have a confession,” Raylene spoke up.

“What?” Patrick asked slowly, not sure if he wanted to hear it or not.

Raylene looked over at Adam, wanting him to begin. “Fine,” he sighed, looking at Patrick. “So, the whole ending to this show may have been a setup.”

“What do you mean?” Delaney questioned.

“Do you remember when you decided to pick the winner’s name out of a hat, and…”

“You what?” Delaney exclaimed loudly, cutting Adam off, as she slapped Patrick in the shoulder.

“Just let him finish,” Patrick said, keeping his attention on Adam. “What about when I decided to pick the winner’s name out of a hat?” he asked, narrowing his eyes at Adam.

“Well, remember how you asked me to write down all of the girls’ names on pieces of paper?” he continued, and Patrick nodded his head. “I wrote Raylene’s name down on every single one of the pieces. You were going to pick Raylene no matter which piece of paper you chose,” he admitted.

“What? Why? I thought you had a thing for Raylene. Why make her the winner?” Patrick questioned.

“I knew she’d be the only one to cooperate with the rest of my plan. Rosie and Kristalyn wouldn’t have. Rosie’s too much of a bitch to, and Kristalyn would have wanted you all to herself,” Adam explained.

“What was the rest of the plan?” Delaney inquired.

“Well, I went to Raylene, telling her that you and Kaner were into each other, and I told her why you wouldn’t date him. So, I asked her to help me out and reject Kaner at the end.”

“And, you didn’t mind?” Delaney asked Raylene.

“I knew there was something going on between the two of you,” Raylene told her. “You could just see it when you two were together. So, when Adam asked me to help the two of you out, I couldn’t say no.”

“Well, thank you,” Delaney said sincerely.

“You’re welcome,” Raylene smiled at her, as Adam wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

“You know, Bur, she’s too good for you,” Patrick joked, nodding towards Raylene.

“Yeah, I could say the same to you,” Adam said, glancing at Delaney.
♠ ♠ ♠
Terrible, terrible ending. I know.

And, I know some of you are hating me for the couples I had at the end, but this was exactly who I had planned to end up together when I first thought up the idea for this story. And, while some of you are very, very persuasive, I couldn't just change it from that. Sorry!

Thanks to every single one of you that read this. And, to the commenters, I love you guys so much!

Oh, and one last thing, check out my new Patrick Sharp story if you'd like =)