Sequel: The City Spins Around

The Last Goodbye

Maybe We Should Live Out Your Fantasies

“So, you ready to do this interview?” Delaney asked Patrick, guiding him into the small room he had found the first day when he had been exploring the house. He saw the cameraman already in there, getting everything prepared for the interview. “Okay, let me explain how this is going to work,” she began as she sat down in one seat, motioning for Patrick to sit down in the one opposite of her. “Tonight’s will be pretty short. I’m just going to ask you a few questions about the show, the girls, stuff like that, and they’ll film your responses,” she explained.

“Okay,” Patrick nodded, leaning back in the chair, waiting on the first question.

“First question,” Delaney began. “I know this is the first day, but how has your experience been so far?” she asked, reading out of her binder that had a list of questions she had to ask him tonight.

“Like you said, it’s only been one day, but it’s been fun so far,” he replied. “You picked out a good bunch of girls,” he said with a smile.

“Speaking of the girls,” Delaney said. “What do you think of them? Do you think you could find that one special one that you’re looking for?” she asked, knowing the question was extremely corny, but that was what the writers had given her.

“Yeah, that special one, that’s one way of putting it,” Patrick said with a laugh, knowing he really had no intentions of finding the one person he wanted to spend the rest of his life with on a reality show. He was only twenty-one years old, and there was no way he was going to settle down with someone yet, and he definitely wasn’t going to choose her based on a reality show.

“The girls,” Delaney said, going back to her question. “What do you think of them?”

“They’re hot,” Patrick answered, using Adam’s answer from earlier that day.

“You have no other thoughts on them?” Delaney questioned.

“They’re really, really hot?” Patrick offered, and Delaney shook her head, knowing this interview was going nowhere. “What do you want me to say?” Patrick asked, knowing Delaney didn’t like the answers he was giving her. “I’ve known these girls for a few hours. I can’t tell one from the other,” he admitted. “I really don’t know what you want me to say.”

“Nothing,” Delaney stated, shutting her binder, and looking at the cameraman. “We’re finished.” The cameraman nodded, and shut of the camera, quickly gathering his things and leaving the room. Delaney put her things in her bag and began to stand up when she felt Patrick’s hand on her arm. “What?” she asked, looking across the table at him.

“I’m sorry,” he apologized.

“It’s fine,” Delaney said dismissively.

“Delaney,” Patrick called when Delaney continued to walk towards the door. She stopped, turning her head to look at him. “I really am sorry,” he said sincerely. “I just don’t know what you expect me to say when I just met the girls today. I don’t really know anything about them,” he explained.

“I understand,” Delaney told him. “It was a pretty stupid question. Besides, I should have expected that answer. I mean, you’re a guy after all,” she added with a laugh.

“So, are we cool?” he asked her.

“Yeah,” she nodded her head. “We’re cool.”

***

The following morning, Patrick walked down the stairs expecting to find the girls waiting for him, only to find Adam standing there instead. “What are you doing here?” he questioned. He hadn’t expected to see Adam today, as it was the first date with all of the girls, and there was really no reason for Adam to tag along.

“I’m coming with you,” Adam said, a big smile on his face.

“What?” Patrick asked.

“I’m coming with you,” Adam repeated. “Well, I’m going along with the crew. So, while you’re spending the whole day with twenty girls hovering all around you, I’ll be working my charm on Delaney once again,” Adam clarified.

“You know she’s never going to go out with you, right?” Patrick asked.

“You’re going to be eating those words one day,” Adam promised him. “Besides, didn’t you put in a good word for me with her?” he asked. “You had some one-on-one time with her yesterday, didn’t you?”

“I don’t think me saying something good about you is going to do much,” Patrick said, remembering that he hadn’t exactly made her happy the night before.

“What’d you do? Try to hit on her and piss her off?” Adam questioned.

“No, I just answered a question with your words and pissed her off,” Patrick replied. Adam looked over at him questioningly, not understanding Patrick’s statement. “She asked me what I thought of the girls, and I told her they were hot,” Patrick explained.

“Dude! No wonder you have to go on reality shows in order to get a girl anywhere near you!” Adam exclaimed. “You never say something like that when there’s a hot girl in front of you!”

“You’re the one that said it to begin with,” Patrick pointed out.

“I said it to you!” Adam reminded him. “Delaney was no where around, nor was any other woman. Now, she’s never going to go out with me, associating with guys like you!” he told him, hitting him in the back of the head.

“Ow!” Patrick cried, rubbing his head where Adam had hit him. “You associating with guys like me isn’t going to make her not want to go out with you. You being the womanizer that you are is going to make her not want to go out with you. Besides, she and I are cool now,” he informed him.

“Yeah,” Adam said, not believing him.

“Really, we are,” Patrick assured him.

“I’ll see what she has to say when I hang out with her today,” Adam said as suddenly a door opened and Delaney, followed by all of the contestants, filed into the room. “Hey, Delaney,” Adam smiled at her.

“Adam, Pat,” Delaney nodded. “You guys ready for today?” she asked, speaking more towards Patrick than to Adam.

“What are the plans for today?” Patrick inquired. The girls instantly quieted down, waiting to hear what Delaney had to say since they didn’t know where they were going, either.

“Why don’t we let our host announce that one?” Delaney asked, and Adam stepped forward as all the women turned their attention towards him. The cameras started rolling as Adam began to speak.

“Today, you, Pat, and the twenty contestants will be going on a picnic on Lake Michigan,” he recited his lines that the writers had given him the previous night to memorize. “A nice picnic on the beach, followed by maybe a walk or two, or even some swimming,” Adam said, and the girls started chattering with excitement. “Ladies, why don’t you get ready for the day, and meet us all back down here in fifteen minutes,” Adam told them.

“Fifteen minutes!?” they heard one girl cry as they all pushed each other, trying to get to their rooms first so they could get ready for the date.

“A picnic on the beach?” Patrick questioned, looking at Adam.

“Hey, don’t blame me. I just read what they give me,” he told him.

“You don’t like a picnic on the beach?” Delaney inquired.

“We’ll see,” Patrick replied, sitting down on the couch, waiting on the girls to get back. He watched as Adam walked over to Delaney, trying to flirt with her.

“So, what are your plans for tonight?” he asked her.

“Adam, I’ve already told you that I can’t date you,” Delaney reminded him.

“Who said anything about a date?” Adam asked. “I just simply asked you what your plans were for tonight. You were the one that brought up the idea of a date with me. Is dating me on your mind a lot? Maybe we should live out your fantasies,” Adam smirked.

Delaney rolled her eyes before looking up at him. “You asked me what I’m planning on doing tonight?” she asked, and Adam nodded his head. “I’m planning on spending the evening with an amazing, hot, Blackhawks hockey player,” she said seductively, and Patrick’s head quickly bolted up, shocked that she was actually going to go out with Adam.

“I knew you’d change your mind,” Adam smirked.

“And, his name is Patrick Kane,” she added, and Adam’s smile fell from his face. “In case you forgot, I’m interviewing Pat tonight.” Patrick started busting out laughing, and Adam turned around, glaring at him.

“Smooth move,” Patrick told Adam, who proceeded to punch Patrick in the arm. “Will you stop hitting me!” Patrick exclaimed.

“You’d rather spend your evening with a wimp like this than with me?” Adam inquired, looking at Delaney.

“I’d rather do my job than spend an evening with you,” Delaney corrected, just as the girls began filing back into the room. “Okay, is everyone ready?” she called out, trying to mentally count the number of girls in the room to see if everyone was in there.

“Juliette and Cameron aren’t down here yet,” one of the girls announced, and Delaney sighed, walking up the stairs to go get the two women.

“I told you she’d never go out with you,” Patrick said, walking over to where Adam was standing. “Why don’t you give up already? Besides, after tonight, there’ll be some booted off girls that will need your attention,” he added with a laugh.

“Good point,” Adam said. “How are you even going to choose which girls to vote off? Pick the ugliest ones?”

“Look around, Bur,” Patrick said, motioning towards the girls. “They’re all hot here. I can’t pick based on hotness.”

“Looks like you have some hard decisions to make before tonight,” Adam said, as Delaney came walking down the stairs, followed by the two stray girls. “Good luck with that.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments???