Status: Currently working on the 4th chapter!

Oh My Soulmate

Chapter Three

It was the way she looked at me. I felt alive for the first time in my life. It felt so natural when she watched me. It felt as if we had known each other for centuries. I wanted to grab her and hold her in my arms and never let go. But I was here for business not pleasure. I could feel her gaze on me and inside I smiled. When she smiled it only mirrored what she made me feel inside. Why was she making me feel this way? I kept getting sidetracked from the situation at hand. I had to stop Cyrus not find love. John, get your head in the game. I shook my head to rid my thoughts of her. I didn’t even know her first name. I only knew her last name. Robins. But I felt like I knew everything about her. I had to talk to her.

“Let me guess she always gets her way.” She turned to face me. I was surprised to see her still sitting in the classroom. But when she turned and laid her eyes on me, I just wanted to plant my lips on her. I wanted her and to forget the world.

“Yea and she hates being rejected.” She stood from her seat and I took in her whole body. It was like it was hand crafted exquisitely. Every curve and every hair laid perfectly against her skin. “Thanks by the way.”

“It was nothing. I’d get lost staring at me too.” Seeing her cheeks turn red may have seemed embarrassing to her but to me it added a beautiful color to her face. Her hair fell into her face and I wanted so badly to brush back.

“Oh-I-um…” I smiled at her attempt to recover.

“So yeah, um I’ll see you around.” I finally said as she nodded and hurried out the door. I had to stand there a few seconds to recover. If I had a heart it would be melting. As I made my way back to my locker I kept an eye out for Cyrus, he had to be around here somewhere. There he is. He was straight down the hall. But what was he staring at. I followed his gaze straight to Robins. No. He hasn’t even been here a week and he’s already picked a target. He moves fast, a lot faster than we anticipated. I’ll need to report in. I watched as he slowly started down the hall towards her. I looked over to her and she knew he was coming to her and she didn’t look happy about it. She looked completely scared and ready to run. Smart girl.

“Hey! You are Jessica, right?” Cyrus spoke trying to sound like a happy person. That’s a change. The girl to the left of Robins nodded her head.

“So I know you said you can’t go out on school nights… so I thought that maybe we could go out on Friday night.” No. No. Say No. He wanted to be quick about his deed and I wasn’t going to let him get her. Not her.

“Well, I… I think I might have something that night…I don’t…know,” That’s it, come up with something. Lie, you can do it. Damn it, she had nothing. She was struggling and I needed to save her. I quickly jogged over.

“Hey, I almost forgot to tell you I’d pick you up at seven on Friday. Is that ok?” She looked at me relieved and surprised. She nodded. I smiled. “I’ll see you in class.” I looked to Cyrus before leaving. I could see the fear behind his eyes. I chuckled as I walked away and I secretly eavesdropped.

“Oh well, maybe some other time.” Cyrus spun on his heels and walked off quickly.

“Ok, so why didn’t you tell me he asked you out!” The girl on left spoke. Robins was still in a state of shock.

“I would have if he actually did. I don’t know what to say.”

“I do. He likes you obviously. I mean come on; he saved you in history and now from the creepy guy.”

“I guess.”


I smiled knowing I made her happy. I felt like I did my job oh well jobs. I’m just afraid I’ll get them mixed up. I didn’t know how I was going to do this. I can’t just take her out once and just leave it at that. Not that I didn’t want to take her out I just knew once my job was done I would leave. She’d never understand and I’d leave her hurt. I have to figure out a way out of this but still protect her.

Well staying away from her was going to be hard. I have every class with her so at least I can keep an eye on her throughout the day. During lunch something in me made me walk to her table and ask to sit with her. It felt so nice to be so close to her body. I could feel the warmth beaming off her delicate skin. I wanted nothing more than to wrap my cold body around her. I tried as hard as I could to keep my composure. The smile that radiated from her face felt like the sun shining on my skin. The only thing I knew was I needed to be with this girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
All of John's POV chapters will be shorter than any of the others.
Feedback please! Thank you!