Return to Cemetery Drive

Return to Cemetary Drive 2

"Come now Charlotte, David! We cannot be late!"

My children run down our castle stairs. The sunlight seeping through the tall, mosaic windows, tickling their pale, yet slightly tan, skin. They giggle loudly as they run. I smile looking at how happy they are. Charlotte is now 8. David is 7. They fly past me, sending a gush of wind following them.

Emily...

I stop smiling. His voice. I look around infront of me. Noone. My eyes catch something above. I quickly look up the stairs, on the cieling.

Who is that?

A small, black ball, hangs there. Starring. I walk towards the stairs, grabbing the railing, never looking away from the familiar creature.

"Gerard?"

It squeaks loudly, jumping from its spot and flying out an open window. My heart stops. I clutch the railing tightly, digging my fingernails into the cedar.

Emily...

My heart comes back to life, pounding so hard, it hurts. I start to panic. I turn around and scream. I shut my eyes, grabbing where my heart is and lean against the cold, stone wall.

"Heavens Frankie! Nearly gave me a heart attack!"

My older step-brother chuckles at me.

"What? Now that your some-what human, you've got the jitters now?"

I peek out through my eye lids, glaring at him.

"Almost ready to go? Taxi leaves in just a few minutes"

I glance back up the stairs, where the little bat was. He looks too.

"I need to get one thing. Be down in a bit"

"Don't take forever"

He walks away and I dart up the stairs. Once I reach the third floor, I pause, stopping infront of a door I haven't laid eyes on since that day. Gerards room. I pull a key out of my shirt, attached to a chain around my neck. I look around, seeing if anyones around. I place it gently in the hole, unlocking the big wooden door.