Status: Series - Active

An Arranged Marriage to Max Green

Chapter Seventeen: An Arranged Marriage To Max Green

Chloe’s POV

“I don’t why this is necessary” I complained, my parents were now helping me plan my engagement party. They were so excited when I told them that Max proposed properly that they started making plans.

“Because this is the best day of your life!” My mother exclaimed.

I sighed and walked into the lounge where everybody else was. I sat on Max’s lap, he just laughed when he saw my grumpy expression.

“You’re so cute!” He whispered in my ear.

“I just wish they wouldn’t make such a fuss” I whispered back.

“At least they care, think of it that way” He added. I thought about it, he was right. Again. Max traced his fingers along my hands, giving me goosebumps.

“Max, your mother is on the phone!” My dad called from the kitchen. Everyone went ‘awwww!’ as Max left the room.

“I still love you!” I yelled after him.

“I love you too” He yelled back. But then he picked up the phone. I turned to the TV screen. Ronnie wanted to watch Spongebob, so I guess we all had to.

“You and Max are so cute, I swear, you’re acting like a married couple already” Rachael said to me, only to be shushed by her boyfriend. She smacked Ronnie lightly over the head. Max walked back in looking he had seen a ghost. I got up immediately.

“What’s wrong Max?” I asked him, when I tried to grab his hand he pulled away.

“It’s my grandmother...she’s...gone” He ran out, I managed to grab him before he got in the car.

“The last you need to do is drive, you’re in no shape at all” I told him.

“And I suppose you could” He replied, sarcastically.

“Max, I’m trying to help you. I’ll get Ronnie to drive you home”

“No, I need to...”

“Just wait!”

“No Chloe! I have to go now! Just let me go,” He yelled.

“Please Max, the last thing I want is for you to get hurt” His face softened. He leant down and kissed me softly.

“I have to go home, I promise I’ll be careful” But by now Ronnie and the others had walked outside.

“I’ll take you Max” He said. Thank god for his timing.

“Fine, but I won’t be coming back here” He muttered, only loud enough for me to hear. I ran back into the house crying. How could he do this to me? I know he’s upset about his grandma, but in others words that sounded like he didn’t want to see me ever again.

What am I supposed to do now?
♠ ♠ ♠
oh dear!