Status: Series - Active

An Arranged Marriage to Max Green

Chapter Twenty Six: An Arranged Marriage To Max Green

Max's POV

I couldn't bring myself to tell Chloe about Paige when I was on the phone to her yesterday. Paige doesn't know I was talking to her, I don't think she would get mad. But then again I have no idea. I've been dating Paige for the past 8 months and I'm still hung up on Chloe. Its not fair on either of them. Although I think Chloe has moved on, she sounded happy on the phone.

I looked down at a sleeping Paige, I told her I loved her, and I really do...

“Max, are you okay?” She asked me, sitting up.

“Did I wake you?” I said, worried.

“No, I was barely sleeping. But you look like you've got something on your mind”

“Its nothing, don't worry” She shrugged and lay back down. Thats one thing she didn't know, she didn't press, even if she knew something was wrong. I got up and left her in my bed. Ronnie was downstairs with Rachael in the kitchen.

“More penis cookies?” I asked him.

“There yummy” Rachael added.

“I don't even want to know” I started to walk off.

“Max, stop” Ronnie grabbed my arm.

“Why are you doing this?” He asked me.

“Why am I doing what?” I am confused.

“To yourself, you know Paige is a whore, and we all know you still love Chloe” Thank you Ronnie for being blunt as always.

“She is not a whore, and I love her, not Chloe” I told him.

“Stop lying to yourself Max, I talked to Chloe again this morning. Even though she won't admit it. She misses you like hell” Rachael said.

“Whatever, she sounded happy on the phone...”

“You have no idea what she's going through Max! You need to get off your ass, go to Australia and beg her to take you back”

“When will you guys get that I am with Paige now!!! Not Chloe!! I am sorry, but me and Chloe are in the past”

As I ran up to my room I knew that was not true at all. Paige was staring at me with a smile on her face. I should really stop lying to myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
it is really destructive