Status: Series - Active

An Arranged Marriage to Max Green

Chapter Three: An Arranged Marriage to Max Green

Chloe's POV

I called Rachael, she knew exactly what I needed, to get away for a few days. She drove to my house right away. I packed a few things and told my parents. They let me, only because I promised to think about the arranged marriage.

"So they expect you to just be happy about this whole thing?" She asked me, we were driving to California.

"Yeah they do, and how can I? They want me to marry my bestfriend!" I exclaimed.

"You might be happy for a while, but how awkward would it be without sex? I know I couldn't survive"

I laughed. Rachael can be a bitch sometimes, but she certainly ain't a slut. She's been with the same guy since sophomore year.

"Sex with Max? Oh god, I don't even wanna go there"

Max is my bestfriend. And he's fucking cute as hell, but that doesn't mean I wanna be with him.

"My cousin Ryan will be staying there, he's only 14, but he's had some trouble at home lately" She told me.

"Okay" I just nodded. I could put up with an annoying freshman for a couple of days.

IN LA....

"This is where my aunty lives" We arrived at her aunty's beach house. The view was breathtaking. She showed me to the spareroom. A guy walked in.

"Hi Rachael" He said, then he noticed me.

"Okay, Chloe Radke, meet Ryan Ortiz" She told me. I shook his hand.

"Nice to meet you"

"We'll be staying here for three days at the most, when is your mom getting back?"

"Tomorrow" We made him leave so me and her could talk.

"So do you like Max at all?"

"Of course I do!" The guy is my bestfriend.

"I mean, as in more than a friend" She added. Oh god.

"No, I only think of him as my friend, one I would die without of course..." I trailed off. She laughed.

"As much as I don't like the guy, I think you should think about this whole thing. I mean, you'd be happy, you know the guy well, you're not afraid to be yourself around him. Why waste time getting nervous, dating guys who are probably only after one thing anyway" She said.

"I didn't think of it that way" I confessed.

"So don't make any decisions just yet, but do think about it" I nodded. She left me alone to sleep. This was something I really needed to sleep on.
♠ ♠ ♠
its always good to have a friend like that, and she really does need to think :)