Different

Chapter 11

CHAPTER 11

=Indigo=

I couldn’t help but go all jittery as I got ready to go to the club. I was acting so teeny it was unbelievable. But I just couldn’t calm down. I had never been to a club before. I had never had friends before. Yet here I was getting ready to go to one of most awesome punk rock clubs ever! Me!

I had walked past Angst when they were building it about 6 months ago. I didn’t go that far from the house most of the time in fear of being cornered by the Jocks. But that day I was in such a state of depression to care too much. I remember walking down the worn pavement, scuffing my shoes and kicking up stones and dust as I went, keeping to the shadows in case any jocks happened to saunter by.

And that was when I saw the tall frame of the scaffolding of the building, several men on it’s would be walls, calling down to the others for supplies. I had looked at it from where I was standing. I can’t have been easy to pick out in the shadows, but one of the workmen happened to glance up at me, and smiled. “Do you know what this is going to be?” He asked me, indicating to the structure behind him. I had shaken my head.
“This here” He said proudly “Is going to be a club. And not your average one either. It’s going to be a rock club.” My eyes had widened, but I had managed to simply nod again, before continuing on my journey.

But I hadn’t stopped thinking about that club. I had walked past there many a times since then, this time making sure to keep to the trees so I wasn’t visible. I had imagined what it would be like to be in there, almost able to feel the music in my ears.

When it was finally finished, and opened last month, I carried on walking longingly past it, knowing that I had no one to go to it with, and not working up enough nerve to go in alone. But now I was finally going! I hugged myself with excitement.
Soon the others would be here to pick me up!

I was wearing a jade green top to match my eyes, which had a black skull and crossbones on the front. At the back of the top was black netting. With this I was wearing my old drainpipes with the rips in, a little old but still comfortable, and a black belt. To team it all off I slipped on my arm warmers, which were made of black lace in the pattern of cobwebs.

I heard the doorbell downstairs, and smiling to my-self, went to open it.

My mum was also making her way towards the door to do the same thing. I managed to beat her to it, and opened it to reveal a smiling, and just as excited, Frankie. He was dressed simply, in a tight black t-shirt which read “music is my boyfriend”, with a picture of an electric guitar on the front. He had on long very ripped jeans, which were also so far down, they were practically falling off, with a belt which had a huge silver buckle in the shape of a bat on it.

“Ready?” he grinned.
“Ready.” I said.
We turned to go just as my mum called out, “Indigo? Where are you going? And who’s that boy?”
I turned back towards the door and uttered one simple word.
“Out!” before shutting the door behind me. Frankie was looking at me strangely. All of a sudden he said, all in a rush “Youlookreallycool” then blushed and stared down at his shoes. I looked at him quizzically.
“Sorry…what did you say?” I asked.
“I just…ermmm…I mean I just think you look really cool.” He muttered still not taking his eyes off the floor.

I felt my self turning bright red. “Oh! I-I erm…thanks!” I said, stumbling over my words. Damn, why did I have to turn into such a mess when Frankie said things like that?

The embarrassed silence was suddenly broken by a loud “BEEP!!!” making me jump several feet into the air with fright.
“BEEEEEEEP! BEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEP!”
Gerard hammered on the car horn.
“GET IN THE CAR BITCHES!” He yelled at us, grinning from ear to ear at the fact that we both looked liked we’d seen a ghost thanks to his sudden beeping.
“ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT WE’RE COMING ALREADY!” Yelled Frankie, just as loudly.

We both ran to the car like little kids on sugar, and got in.
“Hi” grinned a girl who looked about Ann’s age who I guessed must be Tori. She had long blonde hair with black underneath and bright pink streaks in it. She had lot’s of piercings.

“Hi!” I smiled at her. “Your hair is awesome!” I said truthfully.
She beamed at me. “Thanks! It’s not as awesome as Ray’s though!” She said laughing and ruffling the hair of the guy she was sitting next to. Ahh. So this was Ray. Wow. She was right about his hair. I have never seen the most amazing fro in all my life. Well actually…I have never mat anyone with a fro before. But still.

I looked around for Bob and spotted a tall guy who looked like a bouncer, with short blonde hair. “Hey” He said grinning at me. “I’m Bob and this is Ray as you might’ve guessed”

“It’s great to meet you guys!” I said happily to him.
“Why? It’s not like we’re rock stars!” Ray said ruffling Tori’s hair in return.

And with that Gerard revved up the engine and we were off into the night.