Different

Chapter 14

CHAPTER 14

- Indigo –

I was grinning as I grabbed my bag and almost skipped outside into the last of the dying summer weather, hurriedly calling to my mum that I was taking a lift from my friend. Unbelievable. I was actually looking forward to school! Though it was all because of my friends.

I perched on top of our garden wall, swinging my legs.
I heard the beep of a car and jumped down. There was Gerard’s car.

I ran down and squished into the back seat along with Frankie, EmahLee, and Mikey. Ann was in the front with Gerard. EmahLee, Gerard and Ann chorused their Hi’s (Frank and Mikey were arguing over which was better, The Misfits or The Bouncing Souls.

Since we didn’t know Kayleigh and Sammi’s address, we couldn’t pick them up. That and the car was plenty full enough already!

Gerard turned up the stereo and the misfits blared out of it, almost deafeningly.

I grinned and turned to look out of the window, winding it down and feeling the air rushing over my face, whipping my hair over my smarting eyes. Passers by looked angrily up at us and muttered about what the youth of today was becoming as the awesome sound thundered out of Gerard’s battered old car. I laughed. They should take a look at their jock sons and daughters who had slept around and beaten up more kids then I could count on all of our hands put together!

Suddenly, I heard someone call my name in the car. I turned round to see a beaming Frankie.
“Indigo!” He said happily, “you’re here!!”
I rolled my eyes good naturedly.
“Frankie I’ve been in the car for the past ten minutes!!” I smirked.
“You have?” Said a confused looking Mikey and Frank, simultaneously.
Ann shook her head in disbelief.
“Don’t you two notice anything?” She giggled cheerfully.
“No!” said Mikey smiling proudly at this statement.

Frank giggled.
He seemed to giggle a lot for a boy!
Then he looked confused.
“Hey The Misfits are playing! I wanted The Bouncing Sooouulllsss!” He moaned, pouting.

“Awwww…ickle Frankie diddums!” Gerard cooed mockingly.
Frankie muttered something in-coherent and drew a smily face on the steam of the car window with his finger.
Gerard chuckled.
“Only joking dude” He sniggered, ruffling Frankie’s hair like he was a little kid.
“Hey!” cried Frankie “I spent ages doing my hair!” Then he blushed and looked embarrassed. “I mean ummm….no I didn’t!”

“Well then! Don-“ began Gerard.
“GERARD THE ROAD!” yelled Ann, seizing the steering wheel and managing to avoid the cursing biker who we had just almost run over.

“Woopsie” laughed Gerard, averting his attention back to the speeding road ahead.

“Woopsie? WOOPSIE!? Gerard you almost got us killed!” Said Mikey incredulously.

“I said sorry” Said Gerard as if he almost ran people over every day.

“No you didn’t!” frowned Mikey.

“Well I meant too” replied Gerard, “and anyway, you stick forks in toasters all the time!” He said defensively.

“Well here we are!” Said EmahLee, hurriedly breaking up the…err…debate that had quickly begun to form.

I jumped out of the car only to find myself face to face with my surprised sister…