Different

Chapter 23

CHAPTER 23

~Frankie~


I grabbed Indigo’s hand and stuffed a tube of smarties into is, giggling.
“Frankie I wanted skittles!” She whined, but beamed all the same.
“Well they didn’t have any!” I informed her sadly.
“No skittles?” She said incredulously.
“Nope”
“Weird…”
“I know…this is a twisted world…NOW WHICH ANIMAL DO YOU WANNA SEE FIRST?!” I yelled, as the whole shop turned to look at us.
Indigo jumped up and down madly.

“Ooh! Ooh! The penguins!” She cried happily.
“Well to the penguins we go!” I shouted, and rushed out of the shop. Indigo grabbed me by my arm just as I reached the door.
“Huh?” I said non-plussed
“You might wanna pay for that Frankie!” She giggled, pointing to the packet of smarties in my hand.

The large security guard seemed to be implying the same thing the way he kept cracking his knuckles and glaring at me, so I hastily paid for the candy and left, Indigo running joyfully by my side like a little puppy.

I took her by her hand and ran over to the penguin enclosure. Indigo peered over the edge.
“Awwww they’re so cute and funny!” she sighed happily.
Not unlike the person next to me I thought, but kept my thoughts to myself.

Suddenly Kyo and Sammi came running round the corner.
“Hello!” yelled Sammi and skipped over, dragging her twin with her.
“Hey guys! The others wanted to see the Lions instead of the penguins…I mean really! Lions!” Kyo smiled at us.

Indigo looked at them in amazement.
“They wanted to see the lions and not the penguins?” She gasped.
“I know, I know!” said Sammi.

After a while we decided to head for lunch now that Indigo and I had gotten over are hyper phase!

Soon enough we reached a hotdog stand. I paid for two because Sammi and Kyo were vegetarians and lactose intolerant.
“But I’m hunnnggrrryyy….” Moaned Sammi
“Me too….hey I know! Let’s get popsicles!” grinned Kyo.
Kyo asked for two popsicles while Indigo picked at her hotdog with interest.

We were wondering along eating our buys when suddenly we heard Bob’s voice.
“As you wish…”
We turned the corner and there stood Bob with another girl, their lips locked. We stared our mouths open. Finally Indigo broke the silence.
“Uh…Frankie…I think actually I’m gonna need those smarties…”