Different

Chapter 25

CHAPTER 25

~Mikey~


I laughed and jumped out into the pouring rain. Feeling it run down my hair and into my eyes with the force of a waterfall I spun around, filled with new energy.
“Come on!” I encouraged EmahLee, holding my hand out to her, while pushing the wet locks of my fringe out of my eyes with the other. She hesitated, but I saw her eyes gleam and in a second she too had jumped out into the storm.

“Get on my back!” I told her as she laughed and span around in the rain.
“What?” She said her eyes wide. I beamed at her.
“Come on…get on my back!” I said, and ducked down so I was in her reach.
So, she obeyed me, and I felt her soaked arms clasp trustingly around my neck. I grasped a hold of her ankles, and we were off; clumsily making are way through the thundering droplets to join the others.

We made it to the door in a freezing, happy tumble of people, spilling through the door into the warm comfort of my house. Luckily Mum and Dad were never home, so there were no worries about getting in trouble.

EmahLee half jumped, half fell off my back and landed on the cream carpet. Well. It was cream…
I looked at her. She had mascara and eyeliner smudged down her face and her hair spilled down over her shoulders and fell in her pale face, which was not only shining from rain but from happiness too. Her deep blue eyes were gleaming and there were water droplets in her hair.

I didn’t know what else to do. So I kissed her. I didn’t care about all the people around us. They all knew how we felt…and I didn’t want to hide it anymore.
EmahLee fell into my arms and we embraced. There was so much love, so much happiness between us.

“About time EmahLee…” came Indigo’s quiet but happy voice from behind me. “Yeah way to go bro!!” laughed Gee.
I just smiled happily and turned back to EmahLee. If EmahLee’s eyes had been shining before it was nothing compared to now!
“You do realise this makes two hook-up’s in a day?” Observed Frankie, a grin plastered on his face.

~LATER~

“I’m bored…” said Frankie.
“Well I’m tired…” yawned Indigo.
“You know what the solution to this is don’t you?” grinned Gee.
“If you’re gonna say alcohol forget it…we all know what you’re like!” Mikey joked.
“Ha ha. No actually I wasn’t brother dearest!”
“Only because there’s none left” winked Frankie
“Shut up midget” smirked Gerard, “No, the solution isss….”
“Well get on with it already then!” laughed EmahLee.
“Oi! All of you shut up and let me get a word in edgeways will you?” bellowed Gee, “The solution is truth or Dare!” and he grinned evilly.

“Awww Gee!! Not truth or dare! Come on!” everyone moaned.
“Tough. You know you all love it really!”

A FEW TRUTH’S LATER…

~Everyone~


“Okay…I pick Indigo!” Said Gerard, pointing at her.
“Dare” Indigo smirked, suprising everyone.
“Good girrlllll….the first yet. Now theennn..” Gerard looked round the room for inspiration.
“Go easy on her Gee.” Frankie piped up.
Gerard’s glance snapped onto Frankie as he said these words. Suddenly evil ideas showed in his eyes.
“Uh…Frankie…I don’t think you should have said that…” giggled Ann.
Gerard tried out an evil laugh to match but failed miserably.
“Get on with it Vampire!” sniggered Indigo.
“Okay then I will. I dare you to make out with Frankie!”
Everyone was quiet. Then…
“I can’t do that!” stuttered Indigo.
“Yeah dude that’s not fair!” began Frankie
“It’s as fair as fair! Now do it…it’s only a kiss!”
“Easy for you to say…” muttered Frankie

Slowly, very slowly Indigo drew nearer to him…

~Indigo~
I can’t believe I’m doing this! Why am I doing this?! But still I felt myself draw closer and closer to Frankie. He stood up a little, and he too started to move his face closer to mine.
Gently he took my hand and leant towards me…
“Bleep! Bleep bleep!!”
Frankie and I snapped apart; the moment was broken.
Reaching into my pocket, I shakily brought out my phone.
“Hello” I whispered, aware of everyone in the room staring at Frankie and I.
“Th-this is J-Josie…Indigo? Where are y-you?”
“I’m at a friends house…why are you ringing me?” Or rather what I meant but didn’t dare say, why do you give a fuck where I am?
“Becau-se I n-need to talk…to you…p-lease…?”
I felt a pang of sympathy and worry towards my sister. Sure she was a bitch towards me, but she was still my sister.
“You can talk to me…” I whispered. Why I was still whispering I didn’t know.
“N-not now...I’m n-not at home…”
“What’s wrong? Where are you?! Tell me!!” panic flooded through me.
“Sh-shit! I-I…get off me! Shit! I-Indigo!” and with that she cut out. I looked at my phone. Shit! She’d used a phone box!
I couldn’t help it. I burst into desperate sobs. They racked through my whole body, sending me into a shuddering mess.
“Indigo!” Frankie gasped and pulled me into a hug. “It’s gonna be okay I swear…”
“It’s-it’s not! Josie! She-she-”
“We heard the whole thing Indigo…look theres nothing you can do so just try to-“ Gerard began, but I cut him off.
“But I have to help her! I-”
But Gerard simply pulled me into a huge hug. It wasn’t like the one Frankie had given me. It was full of a different sort of love. Like an older sibling sort of hug. The sort I never got from Josie anymore. From anyone that matter. My mum was too busy to care.

Gerard let go and looked at me with concern.
“It’s gonna be okay Indigo…Frankie can you look after her for a bit?”
“Sure” Frankie said straight away, hugging me once more to his chest.

And although none of us knew it at the time, we had seen the real side to Gerard once more…